Romney to campaign in PA.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:55:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney to campaign in PA.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Romney to campaign in PA.  (Read 1887 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

Will you two just kiss already?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »

Oh, BTW, I doubt if a black person could have been elected president in the 1950's. 

Not with an attitude like that!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »

I'd rather vote for Obama.  Smiley

Seriously, and on the subject, I'm asking why Obama would feel the need to spend in PA?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2012, 09:09:12 PM »

I'd rather vote for Obama.  Smiley

Seriously, and on the subject, I'm asking why Obama would feel the need to spend in PA?
As I explained elsewhere, I and I can't think of where, he's got the time, he's got the other places he already needs covered in campaign stops, why not put effort here as well? Why not fight too where they're spending a ton of money? I mean, didn't Romney's men just pour millions into NM? Is that because it's on the table?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2012, 09:11:38 PM »

Oh, BTW, I doubt if a black person could have been elected president in the 1950's. 

Not with an attitude like that!

No, actually, it more to do a very large segment of the black population being disenfranchised in the 1950's.  You also had fewer black people in professional sports in the 1950, with some teams not being integrated until the early 1960's.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »

As I explained elsewhere, I and I can't think of where, he's got the time, he's got the other places he already needs covered in campaign stops, why not put effort here as well? Why not fight too where they're spending a ton of money? I mean, didn't Romney's men just pour millions into NM? Is that because it's on the table?

There are states where in might make a difference, OH, CO, IA, WI and VA. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

I don't remember a Republican Presidential nominee having a rally so close to me (Bush's 2000 convention speech doesn't count). I may have to check it out. My friends really want to go.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2012, 10:52:07 PM »

Well, if Romney is going to suddenly dump almost $9 million into ads in Pennsylvania and then campaign there, and if the state is currently polling at an average 5% Obama margin, then Obama is forced to spend money there, and perhaps visit to hold his ground.

But I do think this signals something about how badly the Romney campaign screwed up in Ohio in the past week.  Those public statements and ads about the moving of Jeep production to China ect. only prompted the auto CEO's, who employ lots of workers in the state, to all come out and say the claim was b.s.  Why didn't Mitt just leave it at his debate line; "Obama did what I advocated for the auto industry," which isn't quite true but isn't a total flop like the Jeep claims--and then just keep pounding away in Ohio and Colorado?  Romney wouldn't need Pennsylvania as a substitute for Ohio if it weren't for his choices in Ohio in the past week.  On a chessboard, giving up the fight on a still contested square just to attack a square the opponent has well-defended is a bad move, and this looks a lot like that.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2012, 11:47:03 PM »

Lets be honest: Obama has better odds in North Carolina than Romney has in Pennsylvania. Even the GOP hack Rasmussen had Obama up 5 last week. I'm sure theyll try to make it look even closer but Obama just as easily can win it by 7-8.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2012, 12:47:57 AM »

On his show today Chuck Todd said that the Romney strategists were trying very very very hard to sell the message of Romney momentum and things surging their way because they felt this kind of buzz can buy them 1% nationwide. Not sure I buy the theory.

Todd nailed this. If anyone believes these recent incursions into PA & even MN are actually within strikbing difference need only note this is part of a campaign that includes spending in NEW MEXICO!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies