Rick Scott working over time to steal the state for Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:16:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick Scott working over time to steal the state for Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Scott working over time to steal the state for Romney  (Read 1377 times)
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:13:30 PM »

Why would long lines be bad for dem voters?  It's not like they have to get to work.

My mother waited 1.5 just to vote on Wednesday, my cousins waited 2.5 hours to vote yesterday. Say what you will but all three of them did lose worktime just to exercise their right. Traditionally the entire family goes on Sunday to vote but of course the Sunday before election day was removed. An obvious hit to working class people like my family that usually work 6 days a week. 
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »

Why would long lines be bad for dem voters?  It's not like they have to get to work.

My mother waited 1.5 just to vote on Wednesday, my cousins waited 2.5 hours to vote yesterday. Say what you will but all three of them did lose worktime just to exercise their right. Traditionally the entire family goes on Sunday to vote but of course the Sunday before election day was removed. An obvious hit to working class people like my family that usually work 6 days a week. 

I find all kinds of wisecracks amusing, even cruel ones from the Bad Side, but it is posts like yours that make people like rockhound seem really awful.   Then again he's probably just doing a parody (I hope).

Parody or not it is the truth of the matter. My mom actually called me to add that she went to THREE polling places before settling at the one where she waited 1.5 hrs. She gave up lunch time she had this week. I'm glad she brought her coworker who would otherwise not vote too. He's a latent Obama supporter.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »

Whiners?! You think it's acceptable to wait 2-3 hours and take time of from work just to make sure the candidate you believe in is elected?!
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:45:54 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2012, 09:51:22 PM by Chaddyr23 »

I am just bumping this to let you all know the wait times that my family members waited:

My aunt waited 8 hours and actually called off work today, (she woulda voted on Sunday but you know what happened to that day). No lie, 8am till 5pm. 1000 people in line, 14 voting stations in this early voting location in Broward County.

My uncle waited 5 hours.

Just absolutely beautiful, he took work off early just to vote. It's amazing what people have to go through just to exercise their right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies