Where in the world is Paul Ryan?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:57:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Where in the world is Paul Ryan?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where in the world is Paul Ryan?  (Read 788 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »

What happened to him? Last I heard, Romney was sending him to odd places like Georgia and Alabama.

Romney hasn't totally embraced Ryan's plans, or Ryan's record.
Romney's campaign never expected Ryan to deliver them Wisconsin.
Romney has implied that Ryan is not fit to be President.
Ryan's convention speech was universally panned.
Ryan was humiliated by Biden in the debate.
Ryan destroyed his reputation by lying and keeping all the details very vague.
Ryan now seems to be missing from the campaign trail, and was never known to be a good campaigner to begin with.

Why did Romney even pick him?

And I doubt he has a political future anymore. He may even lose his House seat before the '16 primaries start.

What's he doing now? Do Romney or Ryan regret this decision?
Fargobison

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »

Last I saw he was in West Chester, OH giving a speech in front of 30,000 people a couple of hours ago.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »

Who are you kidding? You have lost all sense of reality; Joe Biden was a "laughing stock" in his debate with Paul Ryan; where is Paul Ryan? Er...he was in Montrose, Colorado and then in Ohio; besides who's the presidential nominee?, If I were you, I'd be concerned about Mitt Romney's whereabouts.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »

What happened to him? Last I heard, Romney was sending him to odd places like Georgia and Alabama.

Romney hasn't totally embraced Ryan's plans, or Ryan's record.
Romney's campaign never expected Ryan to deliver them Wisconsin.
Romney has implied that Ryan is not fit to be President.
Ryan's convention speech was universally panned.
Ryan was humiliated by Biden in the debate.
Ryan destroyed his reputation by lying and keeping all the details very vague.
Ryan now seems to be missing from the campaign trail, and was never known to be a good campaigner to begin with.

Why did Romney even pick him?

And I doubt he has a political future anymore. He may even lose his House seat before the '16 primaries start.

What's he doing now? Do Romney or Ryan regret this decision?

hack
Oh, pot and kettle.

No. This post is inflammatory. I dont start inflammatory posts. I disagree with every one of Lief's and many others provocative posts but this is mean to inflame. Its Mondale-esqe and there is no way around it.

Who are you kidding? You have lost all sense of reality; Joe Biden was a "laughing stock" in his debate with Paul Ryan; where is Paul Ryan? Er...he was in Montrose, Colorado and then in Ohio; besides who's the presidential nominee?, If I were you, I'd be concerned about Mitt Romney's whereabouts.

You may not like the sentiment, but most of this is true through and through. There have been several "clarifications" on how Romney and Ryan differ on policy, with Romney always having to insist that "he's running for President". Surely Romney did not pick Ryan just for the opportunity to win Wisconsin, a state that is just about as much fool's gold for the Republicans at the presidential level these days as Pennsylvania.

For the most part over the past month, Ryan's appearances have been relegated to deep red states or unobtainable blue states where he can do no real damage by showing up. In the circumstances where he actually goes to swing states, those outside the Romney bubble do not hear about it until after it has taken place. The Romney campaign doesn't want the public at-large to hear the name 'Paul Ryan'.

Every poll but one showed that Biden won the debate, and it was that debate that was the last major time Paul Ryan has been heard of in the national media. He's been caught in a myriad of lies - ranging from his begging for stimulus funds, his insane marathon running ability, his stance on 'forcible rape', his back-pedaling on wanting to eviscerate our social safety net - and those are just the notable ones.

Why did Romney pick him?
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:36:02 PM »

He was in Montrose CO earlier this afternoon, that's by the Utah border.  No, he's not in Alaska or Billings, MT.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »

Yeah Biden today, honest Joe.

Biden: 'There's Never Been A Day In The Last Four Years I've Been Proud To Be His Vice President'
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:50:41 PM »

Biden: 'There's Never Been A Day In The Last Four Years I've Been Proud To Be His Vice President'

It's obvious what he meant. Even the crowd knew what he meant. Which of course is in direct opposition to your guy, who says incorrect things simply because he's a lying POS.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

Yeah my guy usually knows what state he's in, Biden can't seem to figure it out, keeps happening to him.  This clown is one heartbeat from the oval office, scarey.

It's obvious what he meant. Even the crowd knew what he meant. Which of course is in direct opposition to your guy, who says incorrect things simply because he's a lying POS.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:18:28 PM »

If Romney chose Ron Paul, he'd have this thing in the bag.  (Assuming Ron accepted.)
Chartist
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:24 AM »

If Romney chose Ron Paul, he'd have this thing in the bag.  (Assuming Ron accepted.)

Choosing Ron Paul would have tanked his campaign. Which votes would he have added? Even the Paulites would have probably considered him a traitor if he started stumping for a Romney Presidency.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 01:28:02 AM »

Choosing Ron Paul would have tanked his campaign. Which votes would he have added? Even the Paulites would have probably considered him a traitor if he started stumping for a Romney Presidency.

Because he would've had the support of the Ron Paulers - most of them.  Sure, some would not support Romney, but better than to crap on the whole group like they did at the convention.  That's a lot of younger voters in there, and having RP as VP would be worth the compromise.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 04:05:02 AM »

A very overlooked significant aspect of this election is the fact that the myth of Paul Ryan has been destroyed once and for all. He's not an intellectual heavyweight, quite the opposite actually though he can string sentences better than Sarah Palin, but I doubt he has much of a future in presidential politics.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »

Er...I think he was in Colorado, a must win state, then it's off to Ohio, then tomorrow he will be joining Romney in Pennsylvania.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 12:25:57 PM »

Mine.
NCeriale
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »

I think he picked him to get him out of the house so he wouldn't have to pass his budget
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »

You Democrats don't live in the real world, you live in a world you'd like to believe was real, this is the case with regards to this election; you think you will win Ohio, when the evidence is to the contrary; Obama knows this, because if what I was saying was not the truth, why the hell is he spending so much time in Ohio?, if you guys were doing as well as you say you are, you wouldn't be in the state so much, Obama's role in the auto bail-out should be sufficient; but it isn't! The economy seems to be deteriorating, national unemployment rate went up - marginally to 7.9%, it was 7.8% when he came into office; the national debt went up from $12 trillion to $16 trillion, you Dems call that progress?; I hate to see failure. Instead of concentrating on Jobs and the economy, Obama went off on a social engineering tangent, reforming the health-care system? Yeah right: then there are Gas prices, they are higher now than when he took office, how come?; as the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy illustrates, the the electric grid is way past it's sell by date and not equipped to deal with the recent storm; Obama would have been better served to invest in upgrading the grid, rather than going for pie in the sky schemes. Fortunately Mitt Romney doesn't have the baggage of a dismal record; Obama is not prepared to defend his record, so why are you Dems? He prefers to attack and distort, to tell half-truths, to use divide and conquer tactics, this coming from a post partisan President? Where is all that hope and change we heard four years ago?, it's a goddamn disgrace; engaging in class warfare? A sad commentary for a second term agenda. It appears you Dems don't care how Obama should win a second term, just as long as he does; it will be a miserable time, if Republicans in the House, decide not to cooperate, with Obama in a second term and considering what happened during the 2011-12 sessions, nothing is likely to change, if you Dems believe otherwise, you are either seriously deluded, or you think folks are not paying attention.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 02:04:45 PM »

You Democrats don't live in the real world, you live in a world you'd like to believe was real, this is the case with regards to this election; you think you will win Ohio, when the evidence is to the contrary; Obama knows this, because if what I was saying was not the truth, why the hell is he spending so much time in Ohio?, if you guys were doing as well as you say you are, you wouldn't be in the state so much, Obama's role in the auto bail-out should be sufficient; but it isn't! The economy seems to be deteriorating, national unemployment rate went up - marginally to 7.9%, it was 7.8% when he came into office; the national debt went up from $12 trillion to $16 trillion, you Dems call that progress?; I hate to see failure. Instead of concentrating on Jobs and the economy, Obama went off on a social engineering tangent, reforming the health-care system? Yeah right: then there are Gas prices, they are higher now than when he took office, how come?; as the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy illustrates, the the electric grid is way past it's sell by date and not equipped to deal with the recent storm; Obama would have been better served to invest in upgrading the grid, rather than going for pie in the sky schemes. Fortunately Mitt Romney doesn't have the baggage of a dismal record; Obama is not prepared to defend his record, so why are you Dems? He prefers to attack and distort, to tell half-truths, to use divide and conquer tactics, this coming from a post partisan President? Where is all that hope and change we heard four years ago?, it's a goddamn disgrace; engaging in class warfare? A sad commentary for a second term agenda. It appears you Dems don't care how Obama should win a second term, just as long as he does; it will be a miserable time, if Republicans in the House, decide not to cooperate, with Obama in a second term and considering what happened during the 2011-12 sessions, nothing is likely to change, if you Dems believe otherwise, you are either seriously deluded, or you think folks are not paying attention.

Cool story bro.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »

TLDR

You know, on your keyboard, there exists a key. A key you must have never touched your whole life. It should be bright and clean, spick and span, untouched as it is. It is called the "Enter" key. Very often, it comes with a cool drawing with an arrow descending then coming back leftwards.

Touch it some time.

Please.

Or leave your keyboard alone.
rob in cal
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »

FWIW,  I just got a call inviting me to see Ryan in Reno, Nevada on Monday morning at 9 am, for some kind of victory rally.
Btw, I too would have voted for a Romney Paul ticket, if it meant that Romney would adopt something closer to Paul's foreign policy stance.  I'm voting for Gary Johnson instead, but I live in California.
TrapperHawk
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »

The title of this post gave me the mental image of Paul Ryan dressed up like Carmen Sandiego. It was quite unsettling.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies