did somebody ask me who I support in NBA Basketball?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:10:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  did somebody ask me who I support in NBA Basketball?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: did somebody ask me who I support in NBA Basketball?  (Read 336 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:08:29 AM »

can't remember if this actually happened or it was in a dream.  for the first part of my life I rooted for the NY Knicks, my favorite team being the 1999 8-seed that made it to the NBA Finals behind Sprewell, Larry Johnson, Alan Houston, an aging Ewing, etc.  however through time I realized that I 'shouldn't' be a Knicks fan.  not only is there a coherent theology uniting the NY teams I prefer - Jets, Mets, Islanders are all second in many respects, exiles in their own town - James Dolan, the lobotomized devil incarnate, owns the Knicks.  (thank the Lord that he didn't win the bid for the Jets in 2000.  even avowed Romney supporter and tabloid whore Woody Johnson is preferable).

with the move to Brooklyn, the Nets became a possible choice, but a few things ring hollow about it to me.  it is all so chic.  you might have to live here to understand.  it's so cool now, they have retro trumpet music playing on their ads, as if you're at a hybrid jazz/cigar lounge in Harlem in the 1940s, Jay-Z, the black and white uniforms.  I would have fell in line had they acquired Dwight Howard, he (was) a favorite of mine and I have nostalgia for the era of traditional Centers (Ewing, Olajuwon, Mourning...)

the answer to the question, though probably never asked, is the Los Angeles Clippers.  to my mind they most completely fulfill the tenets of Mets-Jets theology, the perennial redheaded stepchild, the exile in their own home.  I spent plenty of energy pulling for them during the 05-06 run, with Elton Brand and Maggette and the rest, and a Game 7 @Phoenix.  they come to Brooklyn on Black Friday, I'm trying to convince my dad to buy the tickets and take me.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:03:56 PM »

As for whether it was a dream:
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 09:38:19 PM »

can't remember if this actually happened or it was in a dream.  for the first part of my life I rooted for the NY Knicks, my favorite team being the 1999 8-seed that made it to the NBA Finals behind Sprewell, Larry Johnson, Alan Houston, an aging Ewing, etc.  however through time I realized that I 'shouldn't' be a Knicks fan.  not only is there a coherent theology uniting the NY teams I prefer - Jets, Mets, Islanders are all second in many respects, exiles in their own town - James Dolan, the lobotomized devil incarnate, owns the Knicks.  (thank the Lord that he didn't win the bid for the Jets in 2000.  even avowed Romney supporter and tabloid whore Woody Johnson is preferable).

with the move to Brooklyn, the Nets became a possible choice, but a few things ring hollow about it to me.  it is all so chic.  you might have to live here to understand.  it's so cool now, they have retro trumpet music playing on their ads, as if you're at a hybrid jazz/cigar lounge in Harlem in the 1940s, Jay-Z, the black and white uniforms.  I would have fell in line had they acquired Dwight Howard, he (was) a favorite of mine and I have nostalgia for the era of traditional Centers (Ewing, Olajuwon, Mourning...)

the answer to the question, though probably never asked, is the Los Angeles Clippers.  to my mind they most completely fulfill the tenets of Mets-Jets theology, the perennial redheaded stepchild, the exile in their own home.  I spent plenty of energy pulling for them during the 05-06 run, with Elton Brand and Maggette and the rest, and a Game 7 @Phoenix.  they come to Brooklyn on Black Friday, I'm trying to convince my dad to buy the tickets and take me.

You and I had this conversation.  And I feel you on the Bk trendy annoyance and understand Clippers thing. 

Well it aint Jazz but here is some nice Blues music to cheer you up......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIiM91tc1fk

Dolan is a monster.... I remain a Knicks fan though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies