Official Mr. X for Mideast Assembly Campaign Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:18:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Mr. X for Mideast Assembly Campaign Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Mr. X for Mideast Assembly Campaign Headquarters  (Read 1013 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:16:46 PM »

Welcome, glad you could stop by Smiley  Please make yourself at home and help yourself to some refreshments.

I welcome your questions, concerns, and thoughts on the issues of the day, the campaign, or really whatever you would like to ask or tell me.  The mideast has always been the backbone of Atlasia and if you do me the honor of reelecting me to the Mideast Assembly, I promise that I will continue to be a tireless advocate for the mideast.  While I am a proud liberal and will never downplay this fact I have always done everything in my power to work with members of all parties to further the interests of Atlasia and, most importantly, the mideast.  I know that together we can continue our beloved region's legacy of greatness!  I also want to say that it has been a privilege to work with Assemblymen Gass3268, 20RP12, TexasDem, Speaker Inks, and Governor Tmthforu94.  Although we may not always agree, I think you have all been excellent public servants and you have all done the Mideast proud!  This session, we have already passed comprehensive education reform bill and we are on the cusp of reforming the region's labor laws, passing major immigration reform, and we have made a great deal of progress towards the passage of the region's first balanced budget.  I hope that I can count on your support, but regardless of how you vote my door will always be open.  Thank you for your time and Dave bless the Mideast Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 10:15:50 PM »

You have my wholehearted endorsement. Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 11:13:29 PM »

I want to thank Assemblyman TexasDem for his endorsement and I wish him the best of luck in his reelection campaign. 

To answer Wolfentoad's question, of course they are chocolate chip cookies Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 11:59:35 PM »

You have done an excellent job, Assemblyman Mr. X. You have my endorsement. Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 12:03:19 AM »

You have my endorsement!! Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:20:07 AM »

I want to thank both Governor Tmthforu94 (who will hopefully be elected to a second term this November, Dave willing) and Governor Scott for their support Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:21:51 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2012, 02:10:31 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

Endorsements:

Mideast Assemblyman TexasDem
Mideast Governor Tmthforu94
Northeast Governor Scott
Pacific Lieutenant Governor Wolfentoad66
Senator Ben
President Napoleon
Mideast Assemblyman Gass3268
Former Senator Badger
Senator Averroes Nix
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 03:40:53 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2012, 03:43:22 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

Mr. X on some of the major issues of the day:

The Budget: I believe that Governor Tmthforu94, myself, and my colleagues in the Mideast Assembly have made great strides towards a balanced budget and while there is still much work to do, we have demonstrated that we are serious about passing the region's first balanced budget.  If you do me the honor of reelecting me to the Assembly, I promise to continue to fight for a responsible balanced budget.  

Immigration: During my first term in the Assembly, I sponsored the Mideast Immigration Reform Act which includes a number of important reforms to our immigration system designed to provide an easier path to citizenship for immigrants.

Unions/Labor laws: I will not run away from the fact that I supported the controversial Union Liberation Act.  However, after Governor Tmthforu94 vetoed it, I worked closely with Assemblyman Gass3268 and the Governor to craft a compromise bill/amendment to the Labor Relations Act which I believe represents a tremendous step forward for our region's labor laws.  This was also a victory for pragmatic governance over ideological rigidity.

Education: I am proud to have cast a crucial vote for the Teaching Reform Act of 2012 which, though not perfect, represents a vast improvement in our great region's education system.

Mideasternism: The party that coined the term may have dissolved, but I remain an enthusiastic supporter of Mideasternism Smiley

Pragmatism not extremism:  I believe that I have made good on my promise to govern not as an ideological partisan nor a calculating flip-flopper, but as a principled pragmatist.  If reelected, I will remain a strong liberal voice in the Assembly, but I will also continue to work with the Governor and my fellow Assemblymen to develop compromises that incorporate the best of both sides' positions whenever possible.  I'm sure Governor Tmthforu94 can attest to the fact that while we may not always agree, my door has always been open and I am more than willing to try work out fair compromises.  Remember my friends, the road to prosperity leads not through ideological extremism, but through pragmatism.  

If anyone would like to know more about my positions on these or any other issues, I welcome your questions, comments, criticisms, etc.  I hope that I can count on your support Smiley  Thank you and Dave bless the Mideast!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 01:34:49 PM »

No one has any questions Sad
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »

It's difficult to ask questions with your mouth full of those marvellous sweets that you kindly offered to us. That's one big advantage of being a private citizen - you don't need to worry about your weight!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 02:39:06 PM »

Endorsed for high preference.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »

Let me say this about Mr. X - politically, we are two very different individuals, and we've had many, many disagreements during this session. But I've found Mr. X to be very easy to work with, and have been able to easily compromise with him on numerous issues. If Boehner and Obama could have the type of relationship Mr. X and I had, this country wouldn't be heading towards the fiscal cliff (as you all will hear me say over and over in the coming years).

Mr. X is a rising star in this region, and I know that he has a great future in this game.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 05:33:03 PM »

I want to thank Senator Ben for his endorsement and thank Governor Tmthforu94 for his extremely kind words (the feeling is mutual, Governor Smiley ).
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

Okay I can ask questions.

What's your stance on euthanasia ?

Are you in favor of some sort of protectionism ?

What would you do to reduce the number of people dying of tobacco-related illnesses in the future ?

What would you change in the UNO ? (you cannot say "nothing" Tongue)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 09:17:25 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2012, 09:20:37 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

Okay I can ask questions.

What's your stance on euthanasia ?

Are you in favor of some sort of protectionism ?

What would you do to reduce the number of people dying of tobacco-related illnesses in the future ?

What would you change in the UNO ? (you cannot say "nothing" Tongue)

Euthanasia: I think physician assisted suicide should be legal.

Protectionism: I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a protectionist, but I do think that there should be some limits on free trade.  I think there is a good deal of middle ground between absolutist support for free trade and being an anti-globalism-style protectionist.

Tabacco related illness: Maybe increase the cigarette tax so that it can act as a better deterrent against smoking.  

I'm not sure what the abbreviation UNO stands for, but if you mean the United Nations organization than I would say that there definitely need to be major reforms regarding the UN human rights committee.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 12:15:01 AM »

Endorsed.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 01:18:47 PM »

Mr. President, it is an honor to receive your endorsement Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 02:28:27 PM »

Just to make it official, I endorse your re-election campaign!   
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »

Just to make it official, I endorse your re-election campaign!   

Thank you for your support, hopefully the voters will give us both another term to continue fighting for the Mideast, Dave willing Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »

You have done an excellent job, Assemblyman Mr. X. You have my endorsement. Smiley

Ditto! Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »

I want to thank former Senator Badger and Senator Averroes Nix for their support!  And thanks for the kind words, Senator Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 03:21:07 PM »

I want to take a moment to encourage everyone to vote in the Periodic Policy Poll (PPP) of this race.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »

The polls will open in less than 24 hours, remember to vote!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 08:18:23 AM »

I want to thank the voters for doing me the honor of reelecting me to the Mideast Assembly.  I also want to congratulate Assemblyman Gass3268, Assemblyman TexasDem, Speaker Inks.LWC, and Assemblyman-elect Drj101 on their victories.  Gentlemen, I look forward to serving with you this session Smiley  Lastly, I want to thank Oldiesfreak1854, JCL, SPC, and Al Realpolitik for running good campaigns and always keeping things civil.  We may not always agree, but I hope that all of you decide to stay involved in the Mideastern politics!  Thank you and Dave bless the Mideast Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »

Major post-Thanksgiving announcement coming soon!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies