Join the pledge to return here on Nov. 7 and admit you were wrong?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:31:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Join the pledge to return here on Nov. 7 and admit you were wrong?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Join the pledge to return here on Nov. 7 and admit you were wrong?  (Read 7602 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2012, 06:32:37 PM »

Well, not to worry ... the entire World is scheduled to "end" on December 21st anyway (according to the Mayan Calendar).

Well you can admit you are wrong on the spot, since what you say is wrong. The 21st of December 2012 is merely the end of cycle of 13 baktuns that started in 3114 BC and ends in 2012 and will be followed by another cycle in their calendar as it was preceded by many other cycles before that. This "end of the world" thing is bullsh**t and a common example of "DidNotDoTheResearch".

Oh wow. LOL.
You can calm down Zanas46, and I won't "admit I am wrong on the spot," because what I said was meant to be ridiculous and humorous .... you know, a joke.

Do you honestly think that if I was one of those individuals who really believed that the world was going to end on Dec 21st (and there are some out there), that I would be on this forum discussing and having concern about the upcoming election ? Come on ... give me some credit here.

Ok I will, but only because you have pretty eyes.

It's just that the more you repeat an erroneous thing made up by morons, the more that erroneous thing spreads, and the less there are people that will acknowledge that thing as erroneous. Oh well, I made this serious business when it's not. I must be on edge...
t_host1

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »

Stunned in disbelief, may have a hard time finding the words, t_host1 will give President Obama and his supporters their just due, if, in what would be an historical event should they prevail.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2012, 11:15:33 PM »

If Mitt Romney wins, I'll admit I was wrong.

Ditto.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2012, 02:43:43 AM »

1. If Mitt Romney wins the popular vote, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

2. If Mitt Romney wins the electoral vote, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

3. If everyone in this thread follows through on their pledge, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

4. If Obama wins Wisconsin by less than 5%, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

5. If the Republicans gain two or more Senate seats, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 03:37:00 AM »

I admit I was wrong, and congratulate all those whom predicted the election accurately. I also feel physically sick. God save America, and God bless you all.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 08:36:50 AM »

Congrats Rockingham.

Now we're waiting for others...
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »

I didn't pledge to come back here. Neither did I ever make a formal prediction.

But, nevertheless, in my heart of hearts, I did believe the polls were biased in Obama's favor. Could I take the easy way out, and blame Superstorm Sandy? I could. But I won't. I was incorrect.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 03:33:30 PM »

1. If Mitt Romney wins the popular vote, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

2. If Mitt Romney wins the electoral vote, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

3. If everyone in this thread follows through on their pledge, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

4. If Obama wins Wisconsin by less than 5%, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

5. If the Republicans gain two or more Senate seats, I'll return to this thread and admit I was wrong.

#3 is still up. Besides that, ...
t_host1

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »

Stunned in disbelief, may have a hard time finding the words, t_host1 will give President Obama and his supporters their just due, if, in what would be an historical event should they prevail.

My optimism by the faith of our republic standing has met the successful deployment of sloth, the Obama weapon of choice for his revenge. Franklins’ profound remaining question of our constitution, its union, “if we can keep it” has come to that test.
 Obamas’ America, with his battle won, now ascends to allowed Democracy privileges; defeating the republic - the inalienable rights of others, concluding his transfer of life, wealth and liberties, the indentured servitude of the people to the Obama government. Congradulations, so help us God, there is no tax large enough to survive the Obama ideal.

Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »

I was pretty off on my percentage predictions, and I figured Johnson, Stein, and Goode would get more votes than they actually got. I also thought Mitt Romney would take the popular vote by a small percentage, and it looked like he was going to do that for a while, but..
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2012, 05:01:35 PM »

I feel like Cliffy, heartmaster, Dirks &co won't be posting there... Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »

If Romney wins, I will gladly admit I was wrong. Cheesy

Haha, this reminds me of the way I mentally prepare myself for sporting events that I know will be tough or my team is a big underdog in. That way when they lose, I expect it and it doesn't fell that bad. Yet if they win, I'm ecstatic!

As a Raider fan I know this feeling very well.

We Cowboys fans know it all to well, too, I'm afraid.

I, BushOklahoma, will return to this forum on November 7 and admit I was wrong if this turns to be a blowout by either side (>300 EVs for the winner).

I was wrong.  The MoV was greater than my threshold.  With Florida likely going for Obama after all is said and done, the final score will be 332-206.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »

Well I gotta say, a win is a win and Barack Obama had a impressive re-election, he secured a second term in impressive style: I congratulate the president on his victory and the winning coalition which secured him another four years, it reflects the "new" America and represents a welcome sea change: I made an overly optimistic prediction and it reflected an unfortunate ignorance how much America changed. I gladly eat crow for my wrong conclusion. Florida will no doubt go to the President as well. Mitt Romney made a classy exit from the contest and we are all better for the tenacity he exhibited in making his case; all of us should take note, disagree or agree with him, he offered a contrast and now we should launch a debate to see how both Democrats and Republicans can come together and this is necessary if we are to resolve the looming financial crisis. It should be noted, Obama received a second chance and not a mandate; his victory margin of nearly 3 million votes, 6 million less than 2008 and he was the first President since FDR in 1944, to win a smaller margin and smaller share of the Electoral votes than his previous victories. So while he won, his victory is tempered by the reality of the current political parameters. There is also a new reality, Republicans lost the election, because they failed to embrace the new electorate, that now exists and the party has new stars such as Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, Mario Rubio and Ted Cruz waiting in the wings: Republicans have to make radical adjustments and begin to reflect this new America. I wish Barack Obama well and hope that he can govern in a manner that welcomes dialogue and debate - not on his terms, but in a fashion that embraces true debate and generates a hybrid of ideas.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »

I was wrong and I was wrong because evangelicals/Christians didn't turn out and I thought they would.  I'm actually more hopeful because of this even though Obama won, it still shows that the takers are a minority in this country.

Obama 2012 received 2-3 million votes less than Bush in 2004 and Romney received less votes than McCain.  The exit polls (which were right on the money this year) reflect that evangelicals didn't turn out.  If they had like I assumed, Romney would have won and he would have won big.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2012, 10:31:09 PM »

My optimism by the faith of our republic standing has met the successful deployment of sloth, the Obama weapon of choice for his revenge. Franklins’ profound remaining question of our constitution, its union, “if we can keep it” has come to that test.

Obama successfully turning out his base and keeping turnout up among parts of the population where turnout was traditionally low is a sign of "sloth?"
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2012, 10:44:42 PM by Likely Voter »

I was wrong and I was wrong because evangelicals/Christians didn't turn out and I thought they would.

You are wrong about why you were wrong. Same % showed up as 2008 and Romney got more of the evangelical vote than McCain
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2012, 10:53:53 PM »

I was wrong and I was wrong because evangelicals/Christians didn't turn out and I thought they would.

You are wrong about why you were wrong. Same % showed up as 2008 and Romney got more of the evangelical vote than McCain
Same % did not show up as in 2004.  Bush won by more votes than Obama, a significant amount more.  Moral issues were what turned that election.  I'm not wrong.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 11:00:13 PM »

Same % did not show up as in 2004.  Bush won by more votes than Obama, a significant amount more.  Moral issues were what turned that election.  I'm not wrong.

White Evangelical Born Again

Year     % of vote    GOP candidate %
2004     23%                    78%
2008      26%                   74%
2012      26%                   78%

So you were wrong about why you were wrong and you are wrong about why you werent wrong.

Moving now, now why do you think you were wrong?
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2012, 11:26:34 PM by nhmagic »

Same % did not show up as in 2004.  Bush won by more votes than Obama, a significant amount more.  Moral issues were what turned that election.  I'm not wrong.

White Evangelical Born Again

Year     % of vote    GOP candidate %
2004     23%                    78%
2008      26%                   74%
2012      26%                   78%

So you were wrong about why you were wrong and you are wrong about why you werent wrong.

Moving now, now why do you think you were wrong?
I said evangelical/Christian vote (which could include Catholic social issue voters, and mainline protestant).  Plus, Bush won 1.27 mil more evangelicals than Romney by the numbers - bigger overall electorate.  I ran them.  So why am I wrong about social issue voters?
t_host1

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2012, 11:35:11 PM »

Obama successfully turning out his base and keeping turnout up among parts of the population where turnout was traditionally low is a sign of "sloth?"

Well I wouldn't quite put it in that context, however, if you want to go there, yes, livestock knows when it's feeding time.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2012, 12:15:53 AM »

Obama 2012 received 2-3 million votes less than Bush in 2004 and Romney received less votes than McCain.

Ahem... That might have something to do with the fact that, hum, they haven't finished counting?

I'd be pretty surprised if Romney really got less votes than McCain.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2012, 12:43:47 AM »

Where is Politico?

hahaha
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »

I admit I was wrong. I thought Romney would win Florida. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »

Well I gotta say, a win is a win and Barack Obama had a impressive re-election, he secured a second term in impressive style: I congratulate the president on his victory and the winning coalition which secured him another four years, it reflects the "new" America and represents a welcome sea change: I made an overly optimistic prediction and it reflected an unfortunate ignorance how much America changed. I gladly eat crow for my wrong conclusion. Florida will no doubt go to the President as well. Mitt Romney made a classy exit from the contest and we are all better for the tenacity he exhibited in making his case; all of us should take note, disagree or agree with him, he offered a contrast and now we should launch a debate to see how both Democrats and Republicans can come together and this is necessary if we are to resolve the looming financial crisis. It should be noted, Obama received a second chance and not a mandate; his victory margin of nearly 3 million votes, 6 million less than 2008 and he was the first President since FDR in 1944, to win a smaller margin and smaller share of the Electoral votes than his previous victories. So while he won, his victory is tempered by the reality of the current political parameters. There is also a new reality, Republicans lost the election, because they failed to embrace the new electorate, that now exists and the party has new stars such as Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, Mario Rubio and Ted Cruz waiting in the wings: Republicans have to make radical adjustments and begin to reflect this new America. I wish Barack Obama well and hope that he can govern in a manner that welcomes dialogue and debate - not on his terms, but in a fashion that embraces true debate and generates a hybrid of ideas.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Heatmaster?
Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2012, 01:33:27 AM »

BTW, Badger, great job with Politico's signature. Now every time I see one of his posts I laugh hard at him.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies