Gustaf, the compassionate libertarian with conservative leanings... :P
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:32:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Gustaf, the compassionate libertarian with conservative leanings... :P
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gustaf, the compassionate libertarian with conservative leanings... :P  (Read 2889 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2004, 03:19:18 PM »

Yeah, it's a mouthful... Smiley

OK, I come from a family where my my mother's side has sent more conservatives to the Swedish parliament than any other and my dad's family was a typical worker's family where everyone were Social Democrats. Naturally, I grew up in a very right-winged home. Smiley I used to be pretty far to the right, though not as my far as my dad who's a Conservative Social Democrat, but pretty far. I first moderated my libertarian views with some conservatism and then with an element of compassion. My surge to the left really began in my new school which has so much 'income-conservatism' that it's sickening. I have a very strong tendency to go against the flow and usually represent minority opinions. Despite having 7 major parties to choose between I have no party in which to feel comfortable in. Far right-winger in Sweden, centrist in the US.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 03:20:12 PM »

OK, I come from a family where my my mother's side has sent more conservatives to the Swedish parliament than any other and my dad's family was a typical worker's family where everyone were Social Democrats. Naturally, I grew up in a very right-winged home. Smiley I used to be pretty far to the right, though not as my far as my dad who's a Conservative Social Democrat, but pretty far. I first moderated my libertarian views with some conservatism and then with an element of compassion. My surge to the left really began in my new school which has so much 'income-conservatism' that it's sickening. I have a very strong tendency to go against the flow and usually represent minority opinions. Despite having 7 major parties to choose between I have no party in which to feel comfortable in. Far right-winger in Sweden, centrist in the US.

you rebel you!!!!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 03:21:14 PM »

you rebel you!!!!

I guess I'm not much of a rebel, no. Smiley I am slightly to the left of my parents though, but not much.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 03:23:10 PM »

you rebel you!!!!

I guess I'm not much of a rebel, no. Smiley I am slightly to the left of my parents though, but not much.

you go against the flow? you are a salmon!!!! I think I mean a salmon at least, the ones that swim up stream right? hmmm, maybe thats an elephant, no no, those are the black and white stripey things, lol.

Sorry, gone crazy.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 03:24:01 PM »

you rebel you!!!!

you go against the flow? you are a salmon!!!! I think I mean a salmon at least, the ones that swim up stream right? hmmm, maybe thats an elephant, no no, those are the black and white stripey things, lol.

Sorry, gone crazy.

It would certainly seem so, yes... Huh

Were you trying to say Zebras there for a while?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 03:24:45 PM »

you rebel you!!!!

Sorry, gone crazy.

did you know zebras are actually white with black stripes rather than vice versa, or is it the other way round? lol nah white with black stripes.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 03:26:57 PM »

you rebel you!!!!

Sorry, gone crazy.

did you know zebras are actually white with black stripes rather than vice versa, or is it the other way round? lol nah white with black stripes.

I am beginning to think that you should go off to the 'funny farm'... Shocked
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 03:34:17 PM »

you rebel you!!!!

Sorry, gone crazy.

no no, i was raised there and wouldn't want to go back. lol

I was just in a comedic mood mon ami, but the zebra thing is true, they ARE white with black stripes apparently.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 03:37:40 PM »

you rebel you!!!!

Sorry, gone crazy.

no no, i was raised there and wouldn't want to go back. lol

I was just in a comedic mood mon ami, but the zebra thing is true, they ARE white with black stripes apparently.

OK...still not sure about your mental health though... Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies