I'm quitting the Atlas Forum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:09:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm quitting the Atlas Forum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I'm quitting the Atlas Forum  (Read 5361 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:23:48 AM »

Hi all,

I have not been around in a while as I have been very busy with school and other things going on in my life. However, I've come to the decision to quite the Atlas Forum and for this time permanently. The foremost reason for me quitting is that I simply do not have the time given that I'm busy wrapping up my undergraduate career. But also given that the Atlas Forum is simply not a fun or interesting place to get my political fix anymore and it has been trending that way for quite a long time.

All of which is because I've become turned off to the Atlas, by the fact that composition of this forum has changed from a place on the internet where posters from all sorts of political persuasions could have interesting, reasonable and semi-civilized conversations about politics. To a Forum that is dominated by far-left posters who appear to only be on here to push their talking points and drive out those who don't agree with them. This problem can be seen in several ways.

For example, I've noticed a trend over the past year and a half or so where most of the articles posted in ether the 2012 Presidential Election section are harshly critical of Republican's while for the most part leaving out any faults of Obama/the Democrats. However, it's not so much that they are critical of Conservatives but they do it in a way that is simply hyperbole as an instance one poster in the 2012 section(whose name I will eave out) posted as a thread title "That Governor Scott working overtime to steal Florida for Romney". I could also choose numerous other examples. Likewise in many of these threads most of the active posters on here it seems echo these sentiments. What's more is that one can not simply engage in any political conversation on here about polls, scenarios, without getting numerous responses along the line of  "no your wrong" Democratic Congressman X is leading by 50 points in a red district despite being found with a dead hooker in his closet". Or "that James Carville is wrong to criticize President Obama' he is just another right-wing hack ".  The commentary on just about anything on here is heavily biased towards the left.

This forum also used to be a place very much in touch with political reality as a whole but not anymore just earlier I was reading that the average gauge of electoral votes for Obama is going to be around 310-350 or a similar repeat of his 2008 margin. Which for ether ether candidate in this race is most likely going to be impossible to replicate. Or my favorite so far for the state I live in along the lines  "No Virginia is another New Jersey because of all the  quintessential Obama voters moving into it" As said by a poster who doesn't even live in my state let alone probably haven't even been to it. 

All of this is leading me to end my participation on here for good, given that the majority of the post's it seems aren't worth the effort to even visit.  And with that I also say that I do not see great things in the future of the Atlas in general if it's poster base persists  being what it is now/doesn't revert back to the more balanced place we once had.

With that farewell!(Not that I'll be missed anyways given the attitude on here towards me)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 02:32:58 AM »

Ok ...

See you on Tuesday Night ... Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 03:24:39 AM »

Yeah you've always been a whiner.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 07:03:02 AM »

tl;dr. bye

It's a lot better when you just leave without saying goodbye. But of course, a lot of people do it so that they can get people telling them to stay.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 07:07:13 AM »

tl;dr. bye

It's a lot better when you just leave without saying goodbye. But of course, a lot of people do it so that they can get people telling them to stay.
I always figured that people who make goodbye threads are almost certain to be back. People who just fade from view however rarely come back or if they do it's just for one election.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 07:10:45 AM »

Kevin just wants another opportunity to complain about the hackishness of the Atlas forum. Even though Kevin's actually one of the biggest hacks around here.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 10:08:35 AM »

Bye!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »

There are hacks on this forum?  Wow, that's shocker.

While I do agree with Kevin that a lot of the red avatars are blissfully unaware about their own hackery that it is quite ironic that he should be one to complain.  After all, him and a number of other blue avatars are guilty of the same crime.  Sure, this post won't be very popular, given that I have called the Democrats and Republicans on here hacks, but it's a basic fundamental truth.  I mean, how else do you explain the bastardization of principles just to support your own party's nominee?  That's blatant hackery, anyone who denies that is so full of bullshit they should have a ski resort in Texas named after them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »

While I do agree with Kevin that a lot of the red avatars are blissfully unaware about their own hackery that it is quite ironic that he should be one to complain.  After all, him and a number of other blue avatars are guilty of the same crime.  Sure, this post won't be very popular, given that I have called the Democrats and Republicans on here hacks, but it's a basic fundamental truth.  I mean, how else do you explain the bastardization of principles just to support your own party's nominee?  That's blatant hackery, anyone who denies that is so full of bullshit they should have a ski resort in Texas named after them.

Kevin's complain would be perfectely legitimate if not for his own hackery.

Good riddance, but I doubt he'll stay away forever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »

tl;dr. bye

I always figured that people who make goodbye threads are almost certain to be back. People who just fade from view however rarely come back or if they do it's just for one election.

Did Gabu ever make a thread announcing his departure?  He's been gone for like, what, 6 years and hasn't come back.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »

tl;dr. bye

Did Gabu ever make a thread announcing his departure?  He's been gone for like, what, 6 years and hasn't come back.
I may be wrong but I think he did not.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »

tl;dr. bye

If he didn't, he made it clear he was leaving though......and the man has will power...damn I miss that guy.q
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 02:46:40 PM »

tl;dr. bye

If he didn't, he made it clear he was leaving though......and the man has will power...damn I miss that guy.q

Me too. Cry
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 02:47:34 PM »

tl;dr. bye

If I said I was leaving, would be come after me and beg me to stay?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 03:15:25 PM »

tl;dr. bye

If you were leaving the forum, I would hope it was because we were both leaving.. either you finally decided to move to Houston, or me to you where we would start our lives together.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 03:25:33 PM »

Well, I don't blame you.  I thought yesterday was the all-time low. 

Today... I have officially no idea what the blue avatars over there are talking about.  None.  JJ's going on about something "bizarre" happening in PA, Cliffy's off the deep end, and krazey is no where to be found because there is not ONE GOOD POLL FOR ROMNEY IN THE PAST TWO DAYS.   

I'm going to stick around this forum until Tuesday, because it's lower than 4chan over there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 02:30:34 PM »

tl;dr. bye

If you were leaving the forum, I would hope it was because we were both leaving.. either you finally decided to move to Houston, or me to you where we would start our lives together.

Skype just doesn't do you justice, I have to say. But don't worry, I was just joshing. I would never make an important decision like whether or not to leave this forum without discussing it with you first.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 12:35:33 AM »

If you think the tone is too unrealistically left wing, then argue the point. Don't whine about it and quit.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 01:35:49 AM »

Kevin's complain would be perfectely legitimate if not for his own hackery.

That's not entirely logical.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 02:32:51 AM »

Damn and you were just starting to use sentences.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 03:01:49 AM »

I agree with a lot of what you say Kevin, but then there are things every now and then that are really interesting and make it worthwhile.  Lots of ridiculous partisan spamhackery to be sure, but we do have a lot of smart and likeable posters here too (even if some of them can be jerks sometimes).   If you've got other things to do, that's cool, but maybe come back later if you are still interested and see if its better once the curse of the 2012 board has lifted.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »

tl;dr. bye

Skype just doesn't do you justice, I have to say. But don't worry, I was just joshing. I would never make an important decision like whether or not to leave this forum without discussing it with you first.

I can't wait for the day that we get to see each other more often, and not just via skype and facetime.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »

Good riddance; go join the Pinochet-Milosevic Fanclub Forum.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »

It's true. 

The 2012 board has been nothing more than a cesspool of trash talk dominated by far leftist 12-14 year olds, or at least, a cesspool of trash talk dominated by far leftists, who post like they are 12-14 year olds.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Looks like you're the one that's not in touch with political reality, Kev. Good riddance to a useless hack poster.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies