OH: 52-47 Obama, PPP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:05:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH: 52-47 Obama, PPP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: 52-47 Obama, PPP  (Read 5650 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: November 04, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »

Holy...

I was not expecting this...!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:34:29 PM »

The only chance Romney has at winning here at this point is that pollsters have over estimated Democratic turnout in their models.

That or fraud, basically, and considering no pollster except Rasmussen actually actively weights for these things...
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »

Yes... when PPP is saying what you want, they're reasonable... now they've got problems

Was J.J. actually calling PPP reasonable at some point in this campaign? I don't specifically remember that but I don't not remember it either.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »

Even if PPP did still have a house bias in the D+3 range, Obama would still be up two and breaking fifty here.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 09:50:22 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2012, 09:52:26 PM by Nathan »

Even if PPP did still have a house bias in the D+3 range, Obama would still be up two and breaking fifty here.
Half these PPP polls have better D+ margins than 2008. Others claim ridiculous stuff that does not line up with the early vote, such as the equivalent of Obama taking 80% of the Independent early vote. It takes a suspension of common sense and belief to believe those numbers.

It's only 'ridiculous' if one doesn't know how Ohio election law works and why one might end up listed as 'unaffiliated' in the early vote numbers under it.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:06:35 PM »

J. J.'s First Rule of Elections"If a candidate that say something like 'I don't look at the polls,' or 'The only polls that matter are the ones on Election Day,' that candidate will lose."

BRTD, you forgot:

Corollary to the First Rule:  "Never trust just one poll.  Trust several and remember that the electorate changes its mind quickly."

But, J.J., we are trusting several polls. You're barely trusting any of the polls at all.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »

J. J.'s First Rule of Elections"If a candidate that say something like 'I don't look at the polls,' or 'The only polls that matter are the ones on Election Day,' that candidate will lose."

BRTD, you forgot:

Corollary to the First Rule:  "Never trust just one poll.  Trust several and remember that the electorate changes its mind quickly."

But, J.J., we are trusting several polls. You're barely trusting any of the polls at all.

You are focusing very strongly on PPP.  It is a good poll in its methodology, but it produces a house effect.  I really don't know how much, but it looks like it's above D+3.  

We are focusing on the sixteen polls out of seventeen that show Obama ahead in Ohio.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 01:15:52 AM »

PPP has Obama +5 in Ohio and +6 in Michigan... no way there is only one point of difference in those states... if Obama wins Ohio by 5 (unlikely) then Michigan will be a blowout.

I've never really talked to you before, Reds4, but I'd just like to take the opportunity to praise you for your reasonable outlook on this election. Hell, you're probably less hackish than I am this season.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies