Politico: Obama will have no mandate because he will lose white men! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:10:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Politico: Obama will have no mandate because he will lose white men! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Obama will have no mandate because he will lose white men!  (Read 10953 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 04, 2012, 10:06:24 PM »

Who cares about some dying minority that isn't reproducing?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:24:23 AM »

You don't need to kiss ass to these people.  They're not worth your pandering.  They are literally dying out.  They are either too old to reproduce or, like Mike Naso, too repulsive to reproduce.  Their beliefs will die with them.

The biggest problem with many of these men is that they just assume they are educated and intelligent.  On the whole, every Opinionated Book Skimmer I've ever met has been apart of the prestigious white middle class male demo.  

But I repeat:  They're dying out.  You don't need to figure out how to bring them into the fold.  Nonwhites and women have a lot more to prove when they seek an education and as a result they learn more on the whole.  Educated women also control the reproduction of the species.  Keep these more educated voters in your circle and forget about the rest. 

You can still help them with policies, but don't let them dictate to you what needs to be done because they don't hold any power anymore and they don't actually know anything anyway.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 02:15:27 AM »

You don't need to kiss ass to these people.  They're not worth your pandering.  They are literally dying out.  They are either too old to reproduce or, like Mike Naso, too repulsive to reproduce.  Their beliefs will die with them.

The biggest problem with many of these men is that they just assume they are educated and intelligent.  On the whole, every Opinionated Book Skimmer I've ever met has been apart of the prestigious white middle class male demo.  

But I repeat:  They're dying out.  You don't need to figure out how to bring them into the fold.  Nonwhites and women have a lot more to prove when they seek an education and as a result they learn more on the whole.  Educated women also control the reproduction of the species.  Keep these more educated voters in your circle and forget about the rest.  

You can still help them with policies, but don't let them dictate to you what needs to be done because they don't hold any power anymore and they don't actually know anything anyway.

No, I understand this point, but helping the rural working class is important to me as an ancestral member of the rural working class. Whether the people being helped are white or not doesn't particularly register in my scale of value once rural and working class are established, but I'm white so I'm sure there's some unconscious or semi-conscious bias there somehow.

Nicely played, shua.

As I said, the policies should be to help them, but the politics shouldn't pander to them.  You don't need them to win, ignore them, and prove you are right.  

Take some of our fellow forumites like nhmagic, a white male, who thinks the world is going to collapse into chaos over the next four years and will probably be seen building an underground apocalypse shelter once Obama hits 270 on Tuesday night.  There is no populist message you can drum up to get this man to believe otherwise.  There is one thing you can do: win this election without his vote, leave in 2016 with 4% unemployment and a world that isn't post-apocalyptic, TAKE CREDIT FOR IT, and maybe then people like him will realize that liberal Democrats aren't evil.  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 09:57:13 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2012, 10:02:07 PM by King »

Hey, WMS.  That post was pretty angry in tone and I apologize.  I understand days before the election the trolling here was rampant and I was pushed to the crazy left; just as you've clearly been pushed to right since the days when we were agreeing with each other on most everything around 2004-07 on this forum.

I was just trying to point a statistical truth.  Blue collar whites are declining in population share, rural culture is declining, advances in technology will make the working class virtually non-existant in America by the end of the century.  I guarantee it.  Some can't fathom this, but the West and perhaps the world shortly after it is ascending beyond blue collar.  

Any political ideology that is looking to preserve the blue collar worker and win their votes is looking backwards.  They're not bad people and they need to be helped in the present through policy but they don't know what is right for this country because their views are to preserve something that cannot be saved.

I guess I'm a classist because I recognize that there is less need for laborers with each passing year.  I've been told I'm a lot of smug elitist things because I happen to enjoy looking at data instead of feelings and tradition to see what will happen in the future.   That kind of thinking gets you called a lot of things, especially with smug Santa Fe asses who believe in natural medicine voodoo.  The numbers never lie though and last night was just another drop in that bucket.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies