Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:08:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 312906 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: July 26, 2014, 06:12:25 PM »

Go Jason!
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #626 on: July 27, 2014, 02:16:14 PM »

Rasmussen (not one of my favorite pollsters) has a new poll this week with Carter-45, Deal-44. 

I didn't think that Carter would be running this strongly going into August.  It's encouraging, but that 50%+1 has hurt us twice in the past (Wyche Fowler in 1992 and Jim Martin in 2008).  I'm afraid we could be doubly hit this year.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #627 on: July 28, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2014, 12:47:43 PM by RogueBeaver »

NR got their hands on Nunn's campaign plan... which covers everything. 140-odd pages. Lots of interesting things in it.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #628 on: July 28, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

Fascinating read, but bringing in ~30% of the white vote (an extra 100,000 votes) seems like a very tall order.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #629 on: July 28, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »

Yes, I've begun reading it. Cheesy
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: July 29, 2014, 07:55:51 AM »

IIRC, they estimated that Minnesota is the DSCC's fifth highest priority.  Is there something we don't know about?  I doubt it, but...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #631 on: August 01, 2014, 12:56:26 AM »

MN being fifth makes sense to me, if they're using the same assessment that I'm imagining (that being vulnerability for incumbents and competitiveness for open/potential flips). Minnesota isn't all that vulnerable compared to several others (though could be a sleeper). They're putting their incumbents first, then everyone else.

Still, you can tell that this is really old, as IA is practically considered safe in this assessment, while GA and KY are lowly-prioritized. This same plan projected that under just these circumstances, that the DSCC might pour $10 million into Georgia. It wouldn't surprise me that before all's said and done, that they put more into GA than just about every other Senate race.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #632 on: August 06, 2014, 12:42:04 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2014, 01:45:10 PM by Miles »

The NRCC is dropping $2.6M for Perdue. Democrats say its a good sign (because Republicans don't consider GA off the table).

Nunn calls for five debates.
Panda Express

« Reply #633 on: August 09, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »

Are there any ads in Georgia this cycle as good as this one from 2010?

http://youtu.be/Lt35BYEOlEw

Still one of the best ads ever IMO
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #634 on: August 14, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »

http://m.wsbtv.com/videos/news/ad-zell-miller-endorses-michelle-nunn/vCnWJb/

Zell Miller endorsed Michelle Nunn.
JRP1994

« Reply #635 on: August 14, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »

This is HUGE. Miller endorsed Saxby Chambliss in the 2008 runoff, and PPP found him with a 64/7 favorability among GA Republicans.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #636 on: August 14, 2014, 05:50:12 PM »

This is HUGE. Miller endorsed Saxby Chambliss in the 2008 runoff, and PPP found him with a 64/7 favorability among GA Republicans.

Am I cynical to doubt how many voters Zell's blessing can sway any more?

Still, gives her some necessary moderate cred.

A moot point considering the 50% + 1 threshold will stop her if nothing else.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: August 14, 2014, 07:06:39 PM »

Miller also endorsed Deal for re-election. Angry
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #638 on: August 16, 2014, 02:56:35 PM »

Michelle Nunn takes the Ice Bucket Challenge
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #639 on: August 19, 2014, 11:09:09 PM »

Georgia now 50th in unemployment
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #640 on: August 19, 2014, 11:48:40 PM »

So does Sam.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #641 on: August 31, 2014, 10:43:16 AM »
« Edited: August 31, 2014, 11:25:54 AM by Bacon King »

I'm visiting my maternal grandmother in Macon so it's now time for a

BK FAMILY TRACKER MINI-UPDATE

background: she is a conservative Democrat but voted for Obama twice mostly out of serious concerns she had with the Republican candidates. In 2008 said, "I never woulda thought I'd see myself voting for a negro"

• She regrets her Obama votes. Admits she still wouldn't have voted Romney; as we watched a McCain interview on Face the Nation she said, "I voted against him because his age and his cancer, but see he looks younger than ever! He's a very intelligent man."
  • She really liked "that young fella" who ran as Romney's running mate, and is excited to hear he is considering a 2016 presidency
  • Absolutely loves Hillary Clinton, doesn't believe she is responsible for "those embassy terrorists"; she will enthusiastically vote Clinton if she runs and is certain she will win
  • Doesn't like Nathan Deal but she wants to learn about Jason Carter before she makes up her mind
  • She really liked Sonny Perdue so she's inclined to support David but she's concerned about how he "fired all those people and closed that plant down up in North Carolina"
  • Has some personal concerns about Michelle Nunn: didn't know if "she was his daughter-in-law or if she's a spinster"; expressed concern and bewilderment when she learned that Michelle is married but kept her maiden name.

Edit to add:
  • The reason she likes Sonny is because he eliminated the state income tax for retired people
  • She considers Jimmy Carter as a great man and thought he was a good governor; she feels his Presidency was bad because he was "too much of a strong Christian to be successful in Washington"
  • She really doesn't like Chris Christie; she thinks he is "on drugs, dancing around like that" (?) and thinks he's a corrupt jerk
  • "[Rick Perry]'s tryin' to look smart, wearing those glasses, he ain't foolin' nobody"
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #642 on: August 31, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »

background: she is a conservative Democrat but voted for Obama twice mostly out of serious concerns she had with the Republican candidates. In 2008 said, "I never woulda thought I'd see myself voting for a negro"

• She regrets her Obama votes. Admits she still wouldn't have voted Romney; as we watched a McCain interview on Face the Nation she said, "I voted against him because his age and his cancer, but see he looks younger than ever! He's a very intelligent man."
  • She really liked "that young fella" who ran as Romney's, and is excited to hear he is considering a 2016 presidency
  • Absolutely loves Hillary Clinton, doesn't believe she is responsible for "those embassy terrorists"; she will enthusiastically vote Clinton if she runs and is certain she will win
  • Doesn't like Nathan Deal but she wants to learn about Jason Carter before she makes up her mind
  • She really liked Sonny Perdue so she's inclined to support David but she's concerned about how he "fired all those people and closed that plant down up in North Carolina"
  • Has some personal concerns about Michelle Nunn: didn't know if "she was his daughter-in-law or if she's a spinster"; expressed concern and bewilderment when she learned that Michelle is married but kept her maiden name.
Yeeeeeeeeeah, BK tracker is back Cheesy.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #643 on: August 31, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »

I'm glad you like it Windjammer! I've added more bullet points of things she's said since I made the post; I'm currently eating at the Golden Corral with her and my brother. Discussion is no longer related to politics but if she mentions anything else ill make a new post
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #644 on: August 31, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »

I'm glad you like it Windjammer! I've added more bullet points of things she's said since I made the post; I'm currently eating at the Golden Corral with her and my brother. Discussion is no longer related to politics but if she mentions anything else ill make a new post

Could you ask her some specific questions please?

1) Does she believe Deal is a corrupt rightwinger?
2) Zell Miller endorsed Michelle Nunn, opinion of that?
3) Opinion of the GA republican party?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #645 on: August 31, 2014, 04:58:05 PM »

1. She doesn't have a strong opinion of Deal; she remembers seeing something about his administration's corruption issues on the news but doesn't recall any details. Her opinion of politics is that "every one of em's corrupt, either from the start or it'll happen once they get up there" so she tolerates minor ethical lapses as expected behavior. She's never stated so, but my suspicion is that this belief is related to the fact that her father owned the construction company that originally paved all the roads in Byron, while simultaneously serving on its city council!

2. Didnt get to ask her this, but her expressed opinion of him is that "Ol Zig-Zag Zell don't even know which way is up" so I can't imagine his endorsement would mean very much to her personally

3. No strong opinion- she judges candidates individually. On down ballot races between two nobodies she votes for the Democrat because she says "more often than not I usually tend to like the ones on that side better"
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #646 on: August 31, 2014, 05:06:56 PM »

1. She doesn't have a strong opinion of Deal; she remembers seeing something about his administration's corruption issues on the news but doesn't recall any details. Her opinion of politics is that "every one of em's corrupt, either from the start or it'll happen once they get up there" so she tolerates minor ethical lapses as expected behavior. She's never stated so, but my suspicion is that this belief is related to the fact that her father owned the construction company that originally paved all the roads in Byron, while simultaneously serving on its city council!

2. Didnt get to ask her this, but her expressed opinion of him is that "Ol Zig-Zag Zell don't even know which way is up" so I can't imagine his endorsement would mean very much to her personally

3. No strong opinion- she judges candidates individually. On down ballot races between two nobodies she votes for the Democrat because she says "more often than not I usually tend to like the ones on that side better"

There is no way you can convince your grandma to register on this forum? Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: August 31, 2014, 05:31:42 PM »

YEEEEES

• She really doesn't like Chris Christie; she thinks he is "on drugs, dancing around like that" (?) and thinks he's a corrupt jerk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reK2Nd0WYKA
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #648 on: August 31, 2014, 07:34:13 PM »

Windjammer she has a hard enough time just figuring out how to use her email Tongue

I just asked the questions as part of standard conversation, I have no idea how she'd react if she knew I was asking her things because a random guy in France wanted to know lol

Although facilitating the Q&A was pretty neat- next time I visit with relatives ill make a post soliciting questions for them
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #649 on: September 01, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »

Long live to Georgia, a long time I didn't laugh so hard haha.

BK, I will prepare the questions for your family! Are all the members of your family "conservadem", or some of them are different?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies