Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:07:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 313974 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: June 25, 2017, 09:32:16 PM »

wow i got slammed. someone call the medic. he mentioned the state in my avatar. wow.

i mean, i didn't think Georgia had a state treasurer tho.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1076 on: June 25, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »

Could be worse - I could have to wear the Avatar of Shame known as Oklahoma.
Sad
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1077 on: June 25, 2017, 11:41:01 PM »

Could be worse - I could have to wear the Avatar of Shame known as Oklahoma.

You have an Arkansas avatar...

Indeed, but I don't have the avatar of a failed, incompetent state party.

Again, you have an Arkansas avatar.

Lowest unemployment rate in fifty years would like to have a talk with you.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1078 on: July 10, 2017, 09:26:27 AM »

Cagle raised $2.7 million in the last two months of Q2.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1079 on: September 25, 2017, 08:02:18 PM »

JAHN BARRA is running for Secretary of State! I can already see the campaign ads:

"I'm Jahn Barra and long before I was born, my granddaddy used this lil' Smith and Wesson here to help stahp a literacy test"

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://politics.blog.myajc.com/2017/09/25/barrow-aims-for-a-political-comeback-with-bid-for-georgia-statewide-office/
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1080 on: September 25, 2017, 10:17:39 PM »

JAHN BARRA is running for Secretary of State! I can already see the campaign ads:

"I'm Jahn Barra and long before I was born, my granddaddy used this lil' Smith and Wesson here to help stahp a literacy test"

http://politics.blog.myajc.com/2017/09/25/barrow-aims-for-a-political-comeback-with-bid-for-georgia-statewide-office/
If he wanted to run for statewide office, why not run for Governor? Would he struggle in a primary?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1081 on: September 25, 2017, 10:21:57 PM »

If he wanted to run for statewide office, why not run for Governor? Would he struggle in a primary?

I believe there is already a competitive primary for Governor in which there is not really a space for his politics.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1082 on: September 25, 2017, 10:41:02 PM »

Stacey Evans is already going after the Blue Dog coalition. If he enters this will split that vote and lead to Stacey Abrams (who is ridiculously far left--- and I'm sorry but she's a black woman), who will get obliterated in a GE.

John Barrow is a huge name to get for SoS!!! I'm excited about this.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1083 on: September 26, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »

Barrow is a huge, huge recruiting coup for SoS. Terrific get by GA Dems
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1084 on: September 26, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »

Stacey Abrams (who is ridiculously far left--- and I'm sorry but she's a black woman)

lol
What's funny?
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1085 on: September 26, 2017, 04:18:38 PM »

It's probably your comment if I had to guess.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1086 on: September 26, 2017, 04:29:56 PM »

Thanks for your insight. :eyeroll:
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1087 on: September 26, 2017, 05:54:04 PM »

Stacey Abrams (who is ridiculously far left--- and I'm sorry but she's a black woman)

lol

You're laughing but he's right. Georgia isn't going to elect Stacey Abrams in 2018.  She might be able to pull Obama-level support among blacks, but the very best she can hope for is to also reach his level of support among whites. Which isn't near enough to get the 50+1 to avoid a runoff.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1088 on: September 26, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2017, 06:18:56 PM by RFKFan68 »

"ridiculously far-left"
Touche.

I should have said that she will be perceived as far left due to her stance on social issues even if she is willing to concede on some issues and work with Republicans. Couple that with her race, the fact that she does not have a husband or children, the optics are terrible for her electability in a state with a racially polarized and socially conservative (both white and black) electorate.

You're laughing but he's right. Georgia isn't going to elect Stacey Abrams in 2018.  She might be able to pull Obama-level support among blacks, but the very best she can hope for is to also reach his level of support among whites. Which isn't near enough to get the 50+1 to avoid a runoff.
Obama level support is even reaching. I don't think that black men will vote for her in Obama numbers. And she will not do as well as HRC did in the affluent Atlanta suburbs.

I'm voting for Evans. I'd rather lose by 5-10 points than 10-15.

John Barrow is a welcome addition to the ballot next fall. He could actually win his race with his roots he may be able to flip enough of the vote down in Central and South Georgia to have a fighting chance.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1089 on: September 26, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »

It'll be interesting to see how the potential Amazon HQ plays into this race. The Republicans have a pact about doing a religious liberty bill and any sniff of that will make Amazon go elsewhere. I could see this driving a lot of the educated white people in the 'burbs (where Hillary picked up a lot of ground) to Evans. Either if Amazon goes elsewhere because of the religious liberty law or if they say the only way they'll come to Georgia is if it gets taken off the table. My parents are Republicans and have said they'll vote for her if it comes to that. I'm voting for her either way in the primary (Abrams wouldn't stand a chance in the general) but I think the Amazon HQ is going to play into this race in a yuge way.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1090 on: September 26, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »

lol

You're laughing but he's right. Georgia isn't going to elect Stacey Abrams in 2018.  She might be able to pull Obama-level support among blacks, but the very best she can hope for is to also reach his level of support among whites. Which isn't near enough to get the 50+1 to avoid a runoff.

Oh, of course she isn't going to be elected Governor in 2018 - In fact I think the attention that she's getting, which appears to be based solely on her demographic profile unless I'm unaware of something, is ridiculous. Hopefully the DGA doesn't waste too much money on her.

I'm supporting Evans, FTR. Has their been any primary polls yet on the Democratic side?

Evans has more cash on hand which is what matters at this point.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1091 on: September 26, 2017, 08:38:58 PM »

I'm encouraged that most of Evans' endorsements are from local politicians while Abrams' only has the endorsements of the Georgia Democrats in Congress and outside interest groups. I was pleased to see a group of a dozen black legislators come out and endorse Evans. I was worried that the primary would be racialized which would hurt Evans, but it looks like those involved in local politics understand that Abrams is unelectable.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1092 on: September 26, 2017, 08:49:27 PM »

I'm encouraged that most of Evans' endorsements are from local politicians while Abrams' only has the endorsements of the Georgia Democrats in Congress and outside interest groups. I was pleased to see a group of a dozen black legislators come out and endorse Evans. I was worried that the primary would be racialized which would hurt Evans, but it looks like those involved in local politics understand that Abrams is unelectable.

Doesn’t look too great that Jimmy Carter also walked back what seemed like an endorsement.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1093 on: September 26, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »

Doesn’t look too great that Jimmy Carter also walked back what seemed like an endorsement.
Of Abrams?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #1094 on: September 26, 2017, 08:56:43 PM »

Of Abrams?

Yeah. He introduced her somewhere as something to the effect of “hopefully the next governor of GA”. IIRC the next day,  his office put out a statement saying that he hadn’t made up his mind and will support whoever gets the nom.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1095 on: September 26, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »

Of Abrams?

Yeah. He introduced her somewhere as something to the effect of “hopefully the next governor of GA”. IIRC the next day,  his office put out a statement saying that he hadn’t made up his mind and will support whoever gets the nom.
Yikes!

This race will certainly be interesting as it unfolds. I was done with Abrams after she refused to condemn the protesters who shouted down at Evans at the Netroots Conference holding up signs inferring she didn't support black women and compared her to Betsy Devos. When asked why they didn't like Evans they couldn't name one vote, policy decision, or otherwise. Disgusting.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #1096 on: September 26, 2017, 10:00:28 PM »

Of Abrams?

Yikes!

This race will certainly be interesting as it unfolds. I was done with Abrams after she refused to condemn the protesters who shouted down at Evans at the Netroots Conference holding up signs inferring she didn't support black women and compared her to Betsy Devos. When asked why they didn't like Evans they couldn't name one vote, policy decision, or otherwise. Disgusting.
I feel the same way; it'll be an interesting one to watch. I'm all in for Evans right now, and it's certainly encouraging that she's gotten the support of so many locals. She seems to have her priorities in order- I like that she's making education reform the important topic that it should be and keeping to economic issues.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1097 on: September 26, 2017, 10:11:06 PM »

Of Abrams?

Yikes!

Yeah that was an ugly episode. Another exhibit in why intersectional theory has few applications outside of sociology classrooms
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1098 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:41 PM »

So, to summarize:
Stacey Abrams: Semi-moderate on economics, pretty liberal socially
Stacey Evans: Semi-moderate on social issues, very populist economically

Interesting... Is there still a chance of Nunn running?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1099 on: September 26, 2017, 10:44:59 PM »

So, to summarize:
Stacey Abrams: Semi-moderate on economics, pretty liberal socially
Stacey Evans: Semi-moderate on social issues, very populist economically

Interesting... Is there still a chance of Nunn running?
Sally Yates pls. Or if she wants to run for Senate in 2020, that's fine by me.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies