Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:18:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 314050 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 04, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »

Graves is officially out of the Senate race.

http://atr.rollcall.com/georgia-tom-graves-not-running-for-senate/
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »

I'm not mad at John Barrow. This allows him to keep control of his Congressional district, which is more important for now.

If Broun or Gingrey does make it through to the general, then Nunn or Holcomb will be strong enough to win. If Handel, Price, or Kingston is the nominee, then I doubt Barrow could've beat them anyway.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:22:53 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/political-insider/2013/oct/07/your-daily-jolt-jimmy-carters-grandson-tests-water/

State Sen. Jason Carter looks like he is testing the waters for a run against Deal.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:30:30 AM »

Jason Carter is in.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:44:57 AM »

John Barrow took the time to say, again, that he's running for re-election.

I've heard that unlike McIntyre, Barrow actually enjoys campaigning and likes having a tough fight every year.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 02:12:38 AM »

If he relishes tough campaigns he must have thought the Senate race looked too easy.

Or he loves tough campaigns so much that he didn't run for Senate because there's a good chance it'd be his LAST campaign.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 11:29:54 PM »

Another Republican is considering throwing his hat into the ring among others jostling on who is the most likely to unseat Rep. John Barrow.  Article is from late last week, but I don't recall seeing it posted anywhere.

Is there anyone in the race -so far- that Barrow needs to really worry about?  

Rick Allen would be his strongest opponent, but any of the candidates currently in or looking at the race would be better than the disaster that was Lee Anderson.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »

No. He can't be the nominee. Doesn't his lead directly contradict with every other public poll?

Pretty much every poll has Perdue just barely above joke candidates like Yu and Grayson. No way is he beating Handel or the 3 representatives.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »

Paul Broun's first ad is up

In it he claims that Democrats fear him because he's the most conservative candidate and is sure to win.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »

I'm not as optimistic about Democrat chances in Georgia as everyone else here is. Paul Broun's fundraising has been terrible, and Gingrey hasn't been getting any traction. I expect Handel to get the nomination, and if not her, then Perdue.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 12:48:11 PM »

Pennington will make a 'major announcement' tomorrow:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Any thoughts, Adam?

Please let him run as a 3rd party
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 05:45:52 PM »

Whenever Killer Mike gets in the news, my favorite thing is conservatives saying he's a thug because he has "Killer" in his name.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 01:44:09 AM »

Republicans are trying to court former Georgia football coach Mark Richt to run for Governor in 2018:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/georgia-republicans-courting-richt-governor/npZb2/

Apparently didn't court hard enough. Richt is the new head coach of the University of Miami Hurricanes.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 01:29:26 AM »

Must be preparing for another run - very high-energy!

The asterisk shows a man with ambitions for higher office.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 02:02:27 AM »

I like all of the optimism Democrats are having thinking they will somehow capture the Governor's seat, but if Roy Barnes didn't win back the mansion in 2010, then I doubt that Jason Carter is going to win in two years either.

Also, Sonny Perdue won re-election in 2006, which was a blue wave election, so even in the oft-chance that Trump is unpopular in 2018, then Georgians will still elect another Republican as governor.

-Sonny Perdue was massively popular, and Georgia was more Republican, in 2006. Nathan Deal has middling-to-bad approvals last time I checked.

-"Democrats didn't win in Obama's worst midterm, so how could they possibly win in a Trump midterm"

I certainly don't think it's a lock, I have it as Lean R, but it's within reach. Get Hillary Clinton's numbers in Atlanta + suburbs, and Obama's numbers downstate, and you win. The path is there now.

Also, how are you "somewashingtondude" if you're from California. Explain yourself.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 06:50:31 PM »

My presidential county-by-county GIF has been updated with 2016 (one slow and one fast)!

The increasing polarization is scary, tbh. Sad

No Obama on the ballot=lower black turnout in rural areas? It's not like Trump gained a lot of votes on Romney in these areas or even in most of the rural areas in general. More just Clinton's numbers falling off. Forming a combo of Obama numbers in rural GA and Clinton numbers in metro Atlanta is probably how Dems get to 50%+1 in 2018.
My presidential county-by-county GIF has been updated with 2016 (one slow and one fast)!

The increasing polarization is scary, tbh. Sad

No Obama on the ballot=lower black turnout in rural areas? It's not like Trump gained a lot of votes on Romney in these areas or even in most of the rural areas in general. More just Clinton's numbers falling off. Forming a combo of Obama numbers in rural GA and Clinton numbers in metro Atlanta is probably how Dems get to 50%+1 in 2018.

Another factor is rural blacks increasingly moving to the Atlanta metro.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 07:52:45 PM »

When a black Democrat is eventually elected Governor/Senator in the deep south (And realistically, it WILL happen) it will be an amazing and uplifting election night. Until then a candidate's race being a weakness as a challenger is a frustrating reality.  

I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the black citizens of Georgia to be the the backbone of the party's strength but not allowed to actually LEAD the party if it ever gets power.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies