Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:04:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 314945 times)
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:13 PM »

No. He can't be the nominee. Doesn't his lead directly contradict with every other public poll?

Why can't he? Am I missing something here?
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:50:55 AM »
« Edited: April 12, 2014, 06:10:07 AM by ModerateVAVoter »

I agree that Carter is now better positioned than Nunn, with the GOP primary fortunes of Broun and Gingrey falling and Deal looking worse and worse.  However, Nunn could have a populist opening against Perdue with his recent college education comments.  I'm starting to worry about Handel again if she gets momentum from that gaffe.  

The biggest loser might end up being John Barrow for declining any statewide run this year.

I agree. Honestly, Carter comes across as a more serious candidate than Nunn, in my opinion. With her, I see a lot of generic rhetoric and not much substance... Where's the beef?

That's an impression I've gotten too, just listening to some of the things she's said.

She talks some about deficit reduction, particularly, in this radio interview:
http://zpolitics.com/michelle-nunn-on-zoller-and-bryant/
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 08:20:43 PM »

I'm not as optimistic about Democrat chances in Georgia as everyone else here is. Paul Broun's fundraising has been terrible, and Gingrey hasn't been getting any traction. I expect Handel to get the nomination, and if not her, then Perdue.

I don't think you can count out Kingston either. Kingston has been on fire with fundraising. But I'm starting to think it's a three-headed race for the nomination between those three (Handel, Perdue, and Kingston).
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:41:23 AM »

Nunn raises $2.4 million in Quarter 1.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/203435-nunn-hauls-in-24m-for-senate-race
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:58:12 PM »

I basically agree with Maxwell. I still think Kingston could beat Perdue in a run-off, but ultimately, I'm sure that any of the top three could win against Nunn in the General. Nunn's path always included having a messy GOP primary and a flawed nominee (Broun or Gingrey).
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »

http://m.wsbtv.com/videos/news/ad-zell-miller-endorses-michelle-nunn/vCnWJb/

Zell Miller endorsed Michelle Nunn.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies