Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:15:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 314092 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 07, 2014, 07:58:57 PM »
« edited: October 07, 2014, 08:14:50 PM by MormDem »

I was gonna say that.

Is it me,or does Jason sound uncannily close to Christopher Walken though Tongue

Oh good heavens Deal's going batsh**t crazy about this whole "people with jobs = better than those without"

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:47:19 PM »

How close did Carter get in 2014, which was a strong Republican year with a heavily GOP senate race also on the ballot?
He lost 52-44

Oh. And it looks like he actually underperformed Michelle Nunn. Lovely

Well Carter was running against an incumbent while Nunn was running for an open seat.

A highly unpopular incumbent with ratings deep underwater.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:09:05 PM »

...This is gonna be GA-06 all over again isn't it?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 09:03:22 PM »

Wow, didn't expect this much of a blowout at all for Abrams.

Also expected Cagle to reach 50, that didn't happen either.

Though I noticed that Republicans still outnumber Democrats numerically, though Abrams did take more votes than Cagle.

At this rate, Abrams might actually pull a Doug Jones-esque steal after all.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:56:10 PM »

LMAO that "SHADY DAVID SHAFER" meme really worked:

CANDIDATE   VOTE   PCT.   
Geoff Duncan   278,750   50.1%   
David Shafer   277,110   49.9   

I HATE David Shafer! This warms my heart.

Has this race been moved from Likely to Lean Republican yet?

Why? I'm just curious.. Don't know much about either..
Slimy and corrupt, had his friends make some accusations of sexual harassing a lobbyist "go away" right before the election, and thought he was owed the seat. It's obnoxious when any politician thinks they deserve a seat due to whatever crap he or she has carried out for businesses and other politicians.

The first Abrams and Kemp attacks are in. I saw the Abrams commercial a couple of times this morning getting ready for work.

That quick? wow.

Abrams ad 7/10. Very good, but not great. The ad uses Kemp's own ads against him,which is genious, and some of those still shots are hilarious. But the ad fails to really grab viewer, and the news cycle at the beginning would have been better suited at the end.

Kemp ad 3/10 Its a typical scary ad, and poor at that. The focus on Hillary is actually bad considering this is one of the few states that trended D when the whole nation trended R. They seem to not use anything else other than she is a Radical D who will raise taxes, and is funded by Nancy Pelosi, like I havent heard that before. Not creative, and rather poor.(of course this ad was made by the RNC.)

Just as a 1 time ad... The attack ad on Abrams was much better.  But, longer term- the simple "she's too liberal b/c Clinton & Pelosi support her" will go nowhere compared to "Kemp is so crazy that he could keep companies from moving to Georgia & may ruin any progress we plan to achieve in Georgia's Economy."
Thats what I was thinking when rating. Both ads are not that good, dont get me wrong, but Abrams has more appeal to the people she needs, and has better replay value, and as I said, some of those still shots are great.

Kemp's is good, but is overplayed, and I can see in a state with two competitive races that stuff like this is going to be thrown out a lot. It runs tiresome, and seems like a stock ad that the GOP would use.

Its a good ad, but its soo similar to many other ads. The truck ad Kemp did popped. You would remember it, and The D ad uses this remembrance by taking pieces of it and making Kemp look crazy. The GOP ad, is your typical scary ad, and those blend in rather easily.

Thats why I think the D ad was superior, but they are both average.

I could see a lot of Republican's across the country falling into a similar trap that Dem's fell into with Trump...

Republican's will focus so much on "Tying the candidate to Hillary & Pelosi" (Similar to Dems only focusing on "Trump is a horrible person") ... that they (R's) will end up being totally disconnected from real issues like an economic message... thus allowing Dems to hone in on a more substantive message that ends up winning over independents.
Its not a could, its a have. They did the same thing in PA-18.

Counterpoint: This also happened in GA-06 and Handel still pulled through despite that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies