Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:31:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 315748 times)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« on: January 21, 2017, 12:40:55 AM »

I still think my home state isn't ready yet. Although heading into 2020 and Democrats somehow control the governor mansion in GA, NC, and FL should scare Republicans.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »

How close did Carter get in 2014, which was a strong Republican year with a heavily GOP senate race also on the ballot?
He lost 52-44

Oh. And it looks like he actually underperformed Michelle Nunn. Lovely

Well Carter was running against an incumbent while Nunn was running for an open seat.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 06:52:58 PM »

How close did Carter get in 2014, which was a strong Republican year with a heavily GOP senate race also on the ballot?
He lost 52-44

Oh. And it looks like he actually underperformed Michelle Nunn. Lovely

Well Carter was running against an incumbent while Nunn was running for an open seat.

A highly unpopular incumbent with ratings deep underwater.

Alot of Deal unpopularity came from the handling of the Ice Storm after that was over everything went back to normal. The Deep South is a extremely polarized region and it really isn't affected by who is in the White House.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 10:01:01 PM »

I think another thing to pay attention to is if Democrats can find a modern coalition to win statewide in GA and what it means for 2020 and other similar states like AZ, TX, and maybe SC.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 09:35:01 PM »

How come Stacey Abrams can't win statewide?

As far as i understand - because she is a Black liberal from Atlanta in polarized age...

Can she win as a Republican?

Depends on if she made it through a primary and if her opponent reverse-Southern Stategy'd her.
Well most people in Charleston would say that Scott 2010 primary win was orchestrated to show the "New South".
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »

Norwood currently in the lead. If she wins I wonder what Trump will say and how will Atlanta react.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 09:22:51 PM »

Norwood is nowhere near a Trump conservative.
She don't have to be a Trump conservative to be a Republican.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 09:38:58 PM »

AJC's Greg Bluestein says that Michael Williams campaign chairman was spotted at Norwood campaign result party tonight.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 09:51:30 PM »

Patrick who do you think is going to win? It looks like Mary is underperforming in Dekalb.
From what we have so far I see a narrow Bottoms win. While the Buckhead portion is large in area it is very sparsely populated compared to the rest of the COA. Norwood needs to do better especially before SWAT come in.  
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »

I hate that all of Fulton votes have to be officiated at the Atlanta office.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 10:13:18 PM »

The polarization is insane, Norwood is winning some counties in the North with >95% of the vote.
Yes, I am surprised it this racial polarized. They tried to tie Norwood to the Republican party but seems to have had no effect. Trump only won 9 precincts in City of Atlanta.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »

Gentrification is really showing in this election. Norwood is winning Grant Park! There was a time when we left the Braves stadium early just to avoid panhandlers.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 10:55:07 PM »

I advise everyone to listen to this clip of Norwood. https://twitter.com/IsaacHayes3/status/936703133333549062
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 11:16:47 PM »

The GA GOP if Norwood wins as an "Independent"

-snip-

Meh. It's not like the GA GOP would ever nominate her for statewide office anyway. Or for a Congressional seat in a D+43 city

I still think the GOP winning a Mayoral Election in one of the biggest D cities in the South is a huge win, especially if the candidate is hiding the fact that they're an R.

It appears not to matter
Hold up now one of my main problems with Norwood is I feel she is not tough against gentrification in the city. If she were to become mayor and does not take gentrification seriously we could see many African Americans move out the city into the suburbs. This will make the suburbs even more Democratic and the city will continue to vote at the same margin but with even more people thanks to pretty new condominiums that start in 400k.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 11:29:55 PM »

What precincts are left? I hope nobody is counting the 3 on the east they can't vote in this election they just got annexed the other day.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 11:55:11 PM »

Bottoms did the same as Reid in 2009 she must have done better with white voters than he did when you add in demographic changes.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »

Bottoms did the same as Reid in 2009 she must have done better with white voters than he did when you add in demographic changes.

Is Atlanta getting whiter?
Yes almost certainly. As for your previous question in 2016 registered voters were 590,362 in Fulton county it is now 640,861.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 12:06:11 AM »

Yes almost certainly. As for your previous question in 2016 registered voters were 590,362 in Fulton county it is now 640,861.

Holy sh**t. That has to scare the hell outta the GA GOP
According to SOS results of 2016 and Dekalb website. In 2016 Dekalb had 419,871 and its now 501,452. You can probably thank Ossoff for that and Trump won by a margin of 211,141.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 12:14:22 AM »

There's Trumpers on PredictIt claiming there are still Dekalb precincts left to count?
Everybody keeps mentioning the empty precincts. There are literally no voters there, lol.

Lmao that's what I was thinking.
Atlanta just annexed Emory area a total of 3 precincts location. Since they were just annex they are not able to vote in this election. Trumpers on PredicIt are waiting for these precinct because they are majority white and mostly affluent but they can't really vote for mayor until 2021. 
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 12:19:06 AM »

Holy sh**t. That has to scare the hell outta the GA GOP
According to SOS results of 2016 and Dekalb website. In 2016 Dekalb had 419,871 and its now 501,452. You can probably thank Ossoff for that and Trump won by a margin of 211,141.

Can you please send me a link for this? I would love to sift through the data and sort gains/losses by Trump and Clinton counties. I'm guessing Cobb and Gwinnett also had insane surges.
Ok this is the results from 2016 but you have to click the county for registered voters.
http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/63991/184321/en/select-county.html
This is the registration as of Dec 1. (Spreadsheet)
http://sos.ga.gov/admin/files/Active_Voters_by_Race_and_Gender_as_of_December_1_2017.xlsx

Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 12:35:36 AM »

Not sure where Norwood live but if she ran as an Independent who caucuses with the Democrats in my district I will vote for her. People only vote for Loudermilk cause they see his family name on buildings.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 12:50:58 AM »

Trumpers like Yusky on PredictIt are still trying to desperately convince everyone that there are still votes to be counted in Dekalb, despite the fact they couldn't vote.
I know it hilarious I mean they city council voted on the annexation on Monday. How can they be able to vote in a city election the next day.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 07:40:08 AM »

Perdue always been vulnerable he's no Isakson. Last time this seat was up during 2008 it went to a run off against a complete nobody. Georgia has change a lot in 12 years and if Democrats put up a credible challenger I go as far to say he will lose. After Gardner and Tillis he is 3rd most vulnerable Republican in 2020.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »

This whole entire Bottoms and Abrams thing is what I hate most about the Abrams campaign. Democrat primaries shouldn't become tribal where the blacks support the black candidate or the hispanics vote for the hispanic candidates. That's how we have expensive primaries, fractured electorate, and lose election.

I wish Abrams would reassess her campaign message and remind herself that this is "Georgia". I'm not even sure a campaign like this will win in Maryland and seems more like a ANC campaign in South Africa. I'm Black I get the whole historic nature of her candidacy but right now this campaign seem like the human incarnation of the Woke! section of #Blacktwitter were the conversation veer from struggling people in the Black Belt to whether Bruno Mars can sing R&B.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »

The Abrams campaign was not quoted in that article. That was simply the opinion of a Democratic strategist and a Democratic donor. Evans has already been endorsed by two dozen elected black lawmakers who were under Abrams while she was leader and no stink was made about it. I truly doubt Abrams is expecting endorsements because of her race.

She is also not running on being the first WOC elected governor "first and foremost". It is not mentioned in any of her ads or the numerous policy proposals she has released over the past year. Everytime I have seen her asked about the potential of being the first she downplays it and turns the conversation to the state at-large and not just her. Some are seeing only what they want to see IMO.

ETA: Evans should be dropping her television ads this week or next. I'm interested in seeing if she can close the gap with an all-out ad assault. A PAC had some pro-Abrams ad on television a couple weeks ago. It was absolutely terrible and cheap and I'm glad it was pulled. I haven't been able to find it online. LOL.
Have you seen the Power Pac commercial recently. I know people on this forum haven't and I cant find it online. But in the commercial it shows the woman march, VA state senator Roem, Abrams saying I don't have to change my gender, my skin color, my hair to be govenor. And ends with a picture of Rosa Parks and Michelle Obama.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies