Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:06:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 314019 times)
somewashingtondude
United States

« on: February 06, 2017, 01:57:01 AM »

I like all of the optimism Democrats are having thinking they will somehow capture the Governor's seat, but if Roy Barnes didn't win back the mansion in 2010, then I doubt that Jason Carter is going to win in two years either.

Also, Sonny Perdue won re-election in 2006, which was a blue wave election, so even in the oft-chance that Trump is unpopular in 2018, then Georgians will still elect another Republican as governor.
somewashingtondude
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 02:06:18 AM »

I like all of the optimism Democrats are having thinking they will somehow capture the Governor's seat, but if Roy Barnes didn't win back the mansion in 2010, then I doubt that Jason Carter is going to win in two years either.

Also, Sonny Perdue won re-election in 2006, which was a blue wave election, so even in the oft-chance that Trump is unpopular in 2018, then Georgians will still elect another Republican as governor.

-Sonny Perdue was massively popular, and Georgia was more Republican, in 2006. Nathan Deal has middling-to-bad approvals last time I checked.

-"Democrats didn't win in Obama's worst midterm, so how could they possibly win in a Trump midterm"

I certainly don't think it's a lock, I have it as Lean R, but it's within reach. Get Hillary Clinton's numbers in Atlanta + suburbs, and Obama's numbers downstate, and you win. The path is there now.

Also, how are you "somewashingtondude" if you're from California. Explain yourself.

Those are some good points. Then again, it depends on which nominees the two parties choose.

Oh, and as for the last one. I'm a military brat, so I pretty much move around the country a lot. I currently live in California, but I was born in Washington state, hence the name.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies