Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:42:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 314140 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 14, 2014, 11:44:36 AM »

Maybe I've been too negative on Nunn. But I still find this difficult to believe. Can we really turn out enough people to make that happen?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:17:36 PM »

I'm guessing y'all know about this already, but I'll post it anyway.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

oter-suppression efforts have been a scourge in recent years for much of the country, but it’s proving to be especially problematic in Georgia. Secretary of State Brian Kemp (R), Georgia’s top elections official, was recorded over the summer expressing concern, for example, about Democrats “registering all these minority voters that are out there.” Kemp also subpoenaed the New Georgia Project, which happens to be the driving force behind the state’s largest voter-registration campaign, for reasons that appear quite dubious.

But it’s the voter-registration materials that may ultimately matter most. According to the New Georgia Project, the group has submitted “more than 80,000 new voter applications to county election boards.” But as Election Day nears, the New Georgia Project says roughly half of these new voters, some of whom registered months ago, are not yet on the voter rolls.

And if these Georgians aren’t on the voter rolls, they may not be able to cast a ballot that counts. With early voting beginning statewide today, it’s a problem in need of an immediate resolution.

In a statement, state Rep. Stacey Abrams (D), founder of the New Georgia Project’s parent group, said, “We hoped litigation would not be necessary, but with early voting beginning next week, eligible Georgians are dangerously close to not being allowed to vote in this election. All eligible registrants should be processed immediately; provisional voting is not an acceptable option.”
[/quote]

Conveniently, Kemp lives in Athens. We're planning a candlelight vigil (a vigil for the suppressed voters) outside Brian Kemp's house for one of the next few days. If any of our Georgians are interested, I can get you more details.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »

Does anyone know what time Jason will speak tonight? His speech writer just called to ask if he could mention my story in his remarks.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 05:10:30 PM »

Turnout update: I'm currently outside Gwinnett's Duncan Creek precinct, waiting for my girlfriend to vote inside. This precinct covers the large and expansive Hamilton Mill suburban community. It's very busy, probably forty cars in the parking lot right now. Someone new is entering the voter line literally every ten seconds. Almost all of them obviously GOP voters. I really hope ATL is matching this turnout

Is the number of voters so far posted outside? When I voted at Hebron thy had it taped to the door and were updating every hour. There were over 500 voters in my precinct as of 2:00.

I can tell you that Athens has been killing it. All the projects are voting.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 08:06:26 PM »

Galloway says Bennett's won it on twitter, according to a "well-connected Republican contact." And that looks likely. With 1 out of 2 counties reporting in, here is the current count.

54.54% Bennett (2,465)
45.46% Davis (2,039)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies