Crow I eat it.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:52:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Crow I eat it.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Crow I eat it.  (Read 7146 times)
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 01:44:04 AM »

A troll would not admit defeat. An honorable poster would.

Please stay at the Forum, honorable posters

Agree. 

Tensions always run high on both sides on the eve of an election and people can sometimes get carried away.  That's to be expected.  When your willing to be cordial and respectful afterwards, regardless of who one, that's a sign of great character. 

Congratulations to all the Republicans on this forum on a hard fought campaign.  You guys deserve props for keeping a strong majority in the House.

I know I'm still new to these forms, but I hope to hang around and hope all of you do as well. I look forward to future discussions, regardless of ideological differences.   
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 01:56:09 AM »

A troll would not admit defeat. An honorable poster would.

Please stay at the Forum, honorable posters
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 04:54:58 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hahahahahaha. Moderates are dead and this election killed them. Smiley
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 05:25:16 AM »

Good on you, Cliffy. Making an assumption that the 2012 electorate would not look like the 2008 one was a reasonable one to make, even it turned out to be massively wrong.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 05:33:37 AM »

I'll admit I was wrong about Senator Berkley's chances, but it was closer than polls indicated. Just not enough time for her to overcome the unfair attacks. It's too bad Nevada robbed America of a magnificent woman in the Senate. If only Sharron Angle had been the candidate this year and Heller in 2010 Sad
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 05:52:06 AM »

With President Obama winning Florida, my prediction that President Obama would not win between 308 and 357 electoral votes because since 1900 no President had won anything between 57.1% (Truman, 1948) and 65.3% of the electoral vote. Results in that range were common in the 19th century, but not afterward... until 2012.

Close elections were likely to stay close. Losers in blowout elections usually gave up for all practical purposes. In the middle ground, where the nominee clearly behind saw something like 60% of the electoral vote going against him, the one behind ordinarily took chances that would either make the election close or create a blowout.   2008 exemplifies that when John McCain tried to force Pennsylvania as a solution while ignoring a bunch of states that he had to win in addition to Pennsylvania. Most of the states that he ignored ended up going to Barack Obama.   

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 06:35:47 AM »

Good! Kudos to you.

But where are all the republican pundits at? Where's Dick Morris, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, anyone at FOXNEWS, the Unskewed polls guy, etc. etc. Where are all the people who made fun of Nate Silver? Where are all the people who claimed that the pollsters were trying to influence the race?

I would really like to see some of those people own up to it and apologize to the likes of Nate Silver, the pollsters, the "liberal media", etc. Not to be gloating, but to restore some level of sanity to the political discourse. For now, there's nothing to suggest that these people won't attempt the very same crazy conspiracy theories and distortions come the next election.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 06:37:16 AM »

Good! Kudos to you.

But where are all the republican pundits at? Where's Dick Morris, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, anyone at FOXNEWS, the Unskewed polls guy, etc. etc. Where are all the people who made fun of Nate Silver? Where are all the people who claimed that the pollsters were trying to influence the race?

I would really like to see some of those people own up to it and apologize to the likes of Nate Silver, the pollsters, the "liberal media", etc. Not to be gloating, but to restore some level of sanity to the political discourse. For now, there's nothing to suggest that these people won't attempt the very same crazy conspiracy theories and distortions come the next election.

Morris has conceded he was wrong - saying he misread the electorate projections.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »

Good! Kudos to you.

Morris has conceded he was wrong - saying he misread the electorate projections.
Well, that's good. Is there's a clip or blog somewhere? Did he address his "the undecideds ALWAYS break for the challenger" nonsense as well?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 06:43:34 AM »

Good! Kudos to you.

Well, that's good. Is there's a clip or blog somewhere? Did he address his "the undecideds ALWAYS break for the challenger" nonsense as well?

That was my nonsense too.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 07:50:06 AM »

Thanks, Cliffy and Heatmaster. But I can't say you're honorable posters, as you have been trolling for months and some good posters have stopped reading the 2012 election thread just because of you.

So, maybe I'll call you "honorable posters" after the 2014 elections Wink
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 07:51:19 AM »

Next time, and it will happen again, probably with different members, can we not egg them on? And to those on both sides who are guilty of extreme hackery (and I'm not feigning innocence), can we not repeat that? Can we look at polls for what they are - just numbers? Can we not analyze news stories through a purely partisan lens, or gloat excessively when our side is winning, or the other side messes up? Just a thought.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 08:00:33 AM »

Next time, and it will happen again, probably with different members, can we not egg them on? And to those on both sides who are guilty of extreme hackery (and I'm not feigning innocence), can we not repeat that? Can we look at polls for what they are - just numbers? Can we not analyze news stories through a purely partisan lens, or gloat excessively when our side is winning, or the other side messes up? Just a thought.
Amen!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hahahahahaha. Moderates are dead and this election killed them. Smiley

Really?  The country just elected, in reasonably resounding fashion, a quintessential moderate..  or I guess you just mean moderates in the GOP?

- and about the 3 crow-eaters, that's great, you guys are great.  I like you when you were blathering senselessly with the Romney-fever, and I like you just find now that it has broken.
wan
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »

Congratulations you guys won and were right.

to bad you and alot of republicans didn't see it coming. I will repeat incumbents are hard to beat.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »

Thanks, Cliffy and Heatmaster. But I can't say you're honorable posters, as you have been trolling for months and some good posters have stopped reading the 2012 election thread just because of you.
I just stopped reading their posts, it was very resting.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »

I congratulate the Democratic party on their victory.

No. Just, no.

Why don't you apologize to the ENTIRE Fourm--Democrat, Republican, Independent and Other--for your weeks of incesant blatent trolling about "the news", and your equally blatent racism and homophobia.

Till then, begone.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2012, 10:23:34 PM by pepper11 »

Congrats to the Dems. I was wrong - gallup blinded me! Landslide it was (kinda).

Special congrats to Lief (and probably others) for correctly predicting electoral college.

MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »

Congratulations to the Democrats for running a good campaign, especially the GOTV.  Hopefully Obama will do what's best for the United States.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »

...so Cliffy, pepper11, MagneticFree and to some extent krazen are more willing to own up than J. J.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »

I congratulate the Democratic party on their victory.

No. Just, no.

Why don't you apologize to the ENTIRE Fourm--Democrat, Republican, Independent and Other--for your weeks of incesant blatent trolling about "the news", and your equally blatent racism and homophobia.

No need to apologize to me, krazen Smiley
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »

No. Just, no.

Till then, begone.

You know, if you hate him so much, you could have just put him out on his ass a long time ago.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 12:43:26 AM »

No. Just, no.

Till then, begone.

You know, if you hate him so much, you could have just put him out on his ass a long time ago.

No I couldn't. First, I'm only one mod. More importantly, until recently he frankly hadn't done anything beyond "being an arsehole" to quote Al, but not ban-worthy.

His recent racist and homophobic nastiness, including the Stormfrontesque 'war on whites' comments makes me want to reconsider.....
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2012, 09:37:08 AM »

i'll own up for being wrong too. thought it would turn out to a very narrow romney victory, although i was open to the idea of obama just about winning. i realize now the media whipped it up into something it wasn't and i was fooled. so yeah, i'm a dumb.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2012, 09:53:46 AM »

bby no ;__;
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: