The Official Obama 2.0 Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:58:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Obama 2.0 Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36
Author Topic: The Official Obama 2.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 160722 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: November 28, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »

You guys just seriously need to calm down and wait a month before looking at the polls and seeing everything's basically back to normal. As with any OMG POLITICAL ARMAGEDDON event (the government shutdown, the Obamacare glitches) people will forget fairly shortly and the boring equilibrium will be restored.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #426 on: November 28, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »

You guys just seriously need to calm down and wait a month before looking at the polls and seeing everything's basically back to normal. As with any OMG POLITICAL ARMAGEDDON event (the government shutdown, the Obamacare glitches) people will forget fairly shortly and the boring equilibrium will be restored.

Seriously.

There has been no major economic calamity and there is no war gone bad.  If you seriously think Obama's headed into Bush territory, you're either paranoid or overly optimistic, depending on where you side.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #427 on: November 28, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »

Seriously.

There has been no major economic calamity and there is no war gone bad.  If you seriously think Obama's headed into Bush territory, you're either paranoid or overly optimistic, depending on where you side.

Time to break out Democrats.gif again, I think!

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #428 on: November 28, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »

Seriously.

Haven't you read the media? The "disastrous Obamacare rollout" is "Obama's Katrina" AND "Obama's Iraq"!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #429 on: November 29, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »

LMAO at some of the people who compared this to Bush' Katrina or even Clinton getting his knob polished.  I mean really:

Eisenhower: 1958 Recession
Nixon: Watergate
Reagan: Iran-Contra
Clinton: Getting blown by a fat Jew
Bush: Katrina, economic meltdown, Iraq, too many sh*t to name
Obama: Botching the launch of an internet website!

Yes, this is truly Obama's great calamity!

Note: not saying I think Obama is a truly great president (actually I'm very disappointed in him), but if this is the best that Fox News and the Reaction Corner can get on him, I'm not surprised why they continually underperform on election nights.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #430 on: November 29, 2013, 11:50:33 PM »

It's actually very offensive that the media is comparing this to things that caused thousands of American DEATHS (Iraq War, Katrina).

Truly beyond the pale and shows how low they're willing to go to fit their false equivalence narrative.
hopper
United States

« Reply #431 on: November 30, 2013, 12:04:43 AM »

LMAO at some of the people who compared this to Bush' Katrina or even Clinton getting his knob polished.  I mean really:

Note: not saying I think Obama is a truly great president (actually I'm very disappointed in him), but if this is the best that Fox News and the Reaction Corner can get on him, I'm not surprised why they continually underperform on election nights.
Well you forgot about Bengazi, IRS, and NSA.
hopper
United States

« Reply #432 on: November 30, 2013, 12:06:36 AM »

It's actually very offensive that the media is comparing this to things that caused thousands of American DEATHS (Iraq War, Katrina).

Truly beyond the pale and shows how low they're willing to go to fit their false equivalence narrative.
Well the slide in approval ratings due to the troublesome healthcare rollout is similar to Bush W's falling approval ratings after Katrina.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #433 on: December 01, 2013, 04:09:59 AM »

Well yeah, I don't think anyone is meaning to compare the scale or impact of the events. It's just that the slip is similar. Some folks think the numbers will stay where they're at because I think what we're seeing now with Obama is very much in line with the seeds of doubt Romney planted last year. It wasn't enough to lose Obama the election because people trusted him and wanted to give him a chance, but the warnings ("weak manager," "poor business sense," "in over his head," etc.) are looking a lot more credible. That's all. People have erred on the side of giving Obama the benefit of the doubt, but somewhere along the line over the last two months, there's been a straw that broke that camel's back. At least that's how I see it. Maybe I am being too optimistic; who knows?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #434 on: December 01, 2013, 06:21:34 AM »

Well yeah, I don't think anyone is meaning to compare the scale or impact of the events. It's just that the slip is similar. Some folks think the numbers will stay where they're at because I think what we're seeing now with Obama is very much in line with the seeds of doubt Romney planted last year. It wasn't enough to lose Obama the election because people trusted him and wanted to give him a chance, but the warnings ("weak manager," "poor business sense," "in over his head," etc.) are looking a lot more credible. That's all. People have erred on the side of giving Obama the benefit of the doubt, but somewhere along the line over the last two months, there's been a straw that broke that camel's back. At least that's how I see it. Maybe I am being too optimistic; who knows?

After the catastrophe that was Dubya -- and face it, by any objective other than perhaps sharing an ideology he was grossly inadequate to meet the challenges of the Presidency -- Americans have become fussier about anything that the government does. People now realize that policies can foster bad business practices that bring ruin, that patriotic fervor can be manipulated to bring about military debacles, and that it is possible to mismanage the response to natural disasters. People now realize that dishonesty, inattention, and cronyism don't sort themselves out in American politics on their own.

Mitt Romney was not alone in sowing seeds of doubt about President Obama. The entire Republican Party did that effectively and with relish. So did the shadowy groups that want American government to facilitate the economic  interests of the richest and most powerful people in America instead of the 'losers' that the rest of us are -- Americans for Prosperity, Crossroads America, Club for Growth, Citizens United, the National Chamber of Commerce, etc. Such groups believe that wealth and power for elites is the only measure of political success.  These entities seek an American political order that puts profits first -- forever. They want George W. Bush without the laziness and intellectual mediocrity.

It is a great fallacy that government must be 'run like a business' and that the only people who can run government effectively are businessmen. Business as a rule has a narrow, but vital role in creating wealth and generating income for owners, and to those ends it must ordinarily optimize revenues and costs while maintaining some public good will. (If a business is extremely profitable but unable to keep public trust, then it is a criminal enterprise). Government cannot so operate. Nobody wants the government to maximize tax revenues while minimizing public services, and nobody wants it to decide to release dangerous criminals because of the cost of keeping them in prison -- or lose wars because military success is more costly than defeat.

We have generally not elected businesspeople as President. The most common occupation leading to the Presidency is "attorney". Those former businessmen who have been even partly-effective Presidents have been demonstrably successful at something else. If profit-and-loss responsibilities were the sole measure of political acumen, then maybe we would elect captains of cruise ships as President.

Successful politics implies the building of trust with people who don't give it easily. People who dislike the food at a restaurant need never go to that restaurant again; after all, there are other restaurants. When government fails few of us can simply find another country.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #435 on: December 03, 2013, 01:06:47 AM »

Well you forgot about Bengazi, IRS, and NSA.

Funny, so did the voters.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #436 on: December 03, 2013, 01:34:57 PM »

CA (Field Poll)Sad

51-43

http://www.field.com/fieldpollonline/subscribers/Rls2451.pdf
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #437 on: December 04, 2013, 11:03:28 AM »

It's official. People now disapprove of Obama from the left...

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/business/most-us-youth-unhappy-with-barack-obamas-job-performance-poll/articleshow/26864608.cms
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #438 on: December 05, 2013, 01:01:13 AM »

60% or higher maroon (70% saturation)
55-59% medium red (50% saturation)

50-54% pink (30% saturation)
45-49% orange -- Obama ahead (30% saturation)
45-49% yellow -- exact tie (40% saturation)
45-49% aqua -- Obama behind (20% saturation)
44% blue (20% saturation)
40-43% blue (50% saturation)
30-40% deep blue (70% saturation)
under 30%(90% saturation)

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2013, 12:30:35 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2013/PPP_Release_CO_120613.pdf

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #440 on: December 07, 2013, 12:40:35 AM »

The Colorado poll isn't too bad, considering PPP overpolled Romney supporters - again.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2013, 05:48:00 AM »

The Colorado poll isn't too bad, considering PPP overpolled Romney supporters - again.

Easy to do -- by not polling Spanish speakers who have strongly rejected the GOP.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »

2014 will be a lower turnout year, so it's possible these swing states could be having an electorate Romney actually won.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #443 on: December 09, 2013, 10:43:22 PM »

So at least that's good news for Western Democrats like myself- we're not doing any worse than Midwestern or even some Northeast Dems.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #444 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »

I have noticed that Obama's approval ratings have returned to near-normal levels these past few days. But just wait a few days, and the right-wing media will have some other bogus anti-Obama complaint to trot out.

They never quit.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #445 on: December 09, 2013, 10:50:13 PM »

I have noticed that Obama's approval ratings have returned to near-normal levels these past few days. But just wait a few days, and the right-wing media will have some other bogus anti-Obama complaint to trot out.

They never quit.

Indeed. Or like I said, maybe they know something we don't and are just biding their time until they have proof that he's a crook... or maybe the Conservative Media  is just being the Conservative Media.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #446 on: December 09, 2013, 10:58:58 PM »

2014 will be a lower turnout year, so it's possible these swing states could be having an electorate Romney actually won.

Please ignore him, he's the left-wing krazen.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #447 on: December 09, 2013, 11:07:47 PM »

Please ignore him, he's the left-wing krazen.

but 2016 won't be...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #448 on: December 10, 2013, 04:57:17 AM »

NJ going neutral (Monmouth poll):

47-47

http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32212254770/32212254991/32212254992/32212254994/32212254995/30064771087/48ff6339-16b2-426b-a1fc-809970b0c940.pdf
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #449 on: December 10, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »

NJ going neutral (Monmouth poll):

47-47

http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32212254770/32212254991/32212254992/32212254994/32212254995/30064771087/48ff6339-16b2-426b-a1fc-809970b0c940.pdf

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies