Sandy and Christie Screwed Romney; May Be Time to Write-Off America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Sandy and Christie Screwed Romney; May Be Time to Write-Off America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sandy and Christie Screwed Romney; May Be Time to Write-Off America  (Read 22596 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: November 08, 2012, 01:20:01 PM »

Please see my signature.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:01:00 PM »

(3) my biggest reason, however, that few talk about, is how Obamacare will get rid of full-time workers in food service and retail.  That sounds like a bad thing, but traditionally people in these jobs have been able to work shifts at two locations during a week.  I know quite a few age 35-40 career waiter types who have gone from working multiple restaurants to being only at one that chose to kept them during the recession.

Restaurants and stores going from carrying 5 cooks or cashiers or whatever at 40 hours/week each to 10 at 20 hours/week will get blood pumping in these jobs.  Better yet, business owners are generally a lot more willing to expand at the first sign of increasing business with part-time so it could be we'll go from 5 @ 40 hr/wk to 15 @ 20 hr/wk.  A net gain in workers and total hours hired.  The loss of fulltime hours by the original 5 can easily be restored at another business.  This will be huge for the economy.

And those people who go from full-time to part-time will still have health insurance because of Obamacare, so basically everyone wins. Wow, I don't know if this was intentional, but it's pretty genius.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 02:34:07 AM »

Good thing people like Politico are in charge of the Republican Party. I was worried they'd come to their senses and shift their positions and rhetoric so they could be competitive in presidential elections again! But no, the same right-wing garbage, with just a hint of racism. Love it!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »

Wow, losing the presidential election has really shattered what remaining grasp Politico had on reality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies