Sandy and Christie Screwed Romney; May Be Time to Write-Off America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:28:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Sandy and Christie Screwed Romney; May Be Time to Write-Off America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sandy and Christie Screwed Romney; May Be Time to Write-Off America  (Read 22582 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: November 08, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »
« edited: November 08, 2012, 12:38:22 PM by a Person »

This was apparent long ago.

Also, the title → really unwanted mental images.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

In every sense.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2012, 02:08:04 PM by a Person »

I can think of bigger reasons why Romney lost.

Bigger than Chris Christie? I don't think so.

Badger --

Well I gotta say, a win is a win and Barack Obama had a impressive re-election, he secured a second term in impressive style: I congratulate the president on his victory and the winning coalition which secured him another four years, it reflects the "new" America and represents a welcome sea change: I made an overly optimistic prediction and it reflected an unfortunate ignorance how much America changed. I gladly eat crow for my wrong conclusion. Florida will no doubt go to the President as well. Mitt Romney made a classy exit from the contest and we are all better for the tenacity he exhibited in making his case; all of us should take note, disagree or agree with him, he offered a contrast and now we should launch a debate to see how both Democrats and Republicans can come together and this is necessary if we are to resolve the looming financial crisis. It should be noted, Obama received a second chance and not a mandate; his victory margin of nearly 3 million votes, 6 million less than 2008 and he was the first President since FDR in 1944, to win a smaller margin and smaller share of the Electoral votes than his previous victories. So while he won, his victory is tempered by the reality of the current political parameters. There is also a new reality, Republicans lost the election, because they failed to embrace the new electorate, that now exists and the party has new stars such as Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, Mario Rubio and Ted Cruz waiting in the wings: Republicans have to make radical adjustments and begin to reflect this new America. I wish Barack Obama well and hope that he can govern in a manner that welcomes dialogue and debate - not on his terms, but in a fashion that embraces true debate and generates a hybrid of ideas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies