Romney had Fireworks Planned in Boston.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:02:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney had Fireworks Planned in Boston.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Romney had Fireworks Planned in Boston.  (Read 9173 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 02:10:11 AM »

I hate to defend Mitt Romney, but if you thought you had a decent chance of winning, much higher than earlier in the race, and you had enough money to afford a fireworks extravangza, wouldn't you?

C'mon, think about it.

In Salt Lake City, sure. In Boston? Suppose he DID win. What was he shooting for? Riots?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 02:51:15 AM »

Honestly it would have been hilarious. A fireworks show celebrating victory in a city that voted overwhelmingly against him. It's like he's rubbing it in.
Unimog
Namibia

Political Matrix
E: -3.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 07:57:26 AM »

So what? Leave the man alone.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »

Honestly it would have been hilarious. A fireworks show celebrating victory in a city that voted overwhelmingly against him. It's like he's rubbing it in.

Romney resented the hell out of Massachusetts for not giving him a fair shot as governor after he was elected. Make no mistake, this fireworks display was in part a big f.u. to the state that never appreciated his leadership the way other states would have.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 09:57:02 AM »

Romney resented the hell out of Massachusetts for not giving him a fair shot as governor after he was elected. Make no mistake, this fireworks display was in part a big f.u. to the state that never appreciated his leadership the way other states would have.

The city should have done its own celebration. Right outside his headquarters.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2012, 01:25:52 AM »

Not giving him a fair shot? He was hella ready to leave Massachusetts as soon as he came. He just wanted the name and basically started campaigning half way through his term.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

I went from being ambivalent to Romney to absolutely hating him. I can't stand how easily he'd shape shift for his positions and then after he lost he reinforced his 'gifts' comment. Cause you know the tax breaks he gets for horses and cars aren't gifts in itself.

Anyways he should donate these fireworks to the city for New Years and bring more joy than he ever could being President.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »

I didn't mind Romney before the primaries. Thought he was just some bland rich Republican. Never imagined he would turn out to be such a slimy piece of sh*t.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2012, 06:28:18 PM »

I would never plan fireworks or anything like that until I knew the outcome.  I might have some on hand in case, but I would never count my chickens before they hatch and make plans out of it before I knew what had happened.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2012, 06:29:24 PM »

I didn't mind Romney before the primaries. Thought he was just some bland rich Republican. Never imagined he would turn out to be such a slimy piece of sh*t.

so you didn't pay attention to him in 08?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

so you didn't pay attention to him in 08?

In short, no. Keep in mind that I was 15 in 2008, and it was this election that got me interested in US politics in the first place. I knew absolutely nothing (besides Dubya suxx) before. During the primary stage, I was only looking at what was going on on the Dem side, and so where the media in my country.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »

He probably thought he was going to win Massachusetts.  He's that delusional.  What an ignorant fool.  He would have been a worse embarrassment than W as a president and yet almost half the country voted for him.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2012, 11:06:02 PM »

I would never plan fireworks or anything like that until I knew the outcome.  I might have some on hand in case, but I would never count my chickens before they hatch and make plans out of it before I knew what had happened.

Do you realize how far in advance a fireworks display would need to be coordinated? 

This whole thread is bizarre.  Obama RENTED OUT GRANT PARK on Election Day 2008.

Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2012, 06:26:23 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2012, 06:39:09 PM by Beezer »

I don't think there's anything wrong with setting up fireworks in advance. As the poster above me has pointed out, it's not the kind of thing that can be cobbled together in 10 mins. But to do it in Massachusetts, arguably the most liberal state in the Union? Seriously, Romney has about 10 "homestates". Why not do it in Utah? Even Chihuahua would have been more welcoming to him and his fireworks display.
Link
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »

Do you realize how far in advance a fireworks display would need to be coordinated? 

This whole thread is bizarre.  Obama RENTED OUT GRANT PARK on Election Day 2008.

You need to stop reading unskewedpolls.com.  It was way obvious early on Obama was going to win.  When your campaign rallies in the US are topping 75,000 and your rallies in GERMANY are getting 200,000 renting out a back meeting room at the YMCA is not wise.  You may want something bigger.

Damn though. I have to thank you for the memories.  That was crazy.  I will never see anything like that again.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies