Romney had Fireworks Planned in Boston. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:20:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney had Fireworks Planned in Boston. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney had Fireworks Planned in Boston.  (Read 9145 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« on: November 08, 2012, 08:32:33 PM »
« edited: November 08, 2012, 08:38:35 PM by homelycooking »

Look, I can understand the disappointment Mitt must feel after working so hard, coming so close, and ultimately losing, but in the end, his great loss was a position of power and influence that pretty much none of us will ever reach, so he doesn't get much sympathy from me. Losing THE PRESIDENCY is a lot less devastating that losing your home, your job or a loved one.

We can't really know what this race meant to him, but it's clear that there was an exuberant confidence about him and his team going into election night that was utterly shattered. What happens to you when you're about to reach the apotheosis of your life and your work, and you know that you have seized the day, but suddenly you realize that it's all been an illusion, and that you've failed on the biggest possible stage? Imagine how he must blame himself. Imagine looking into the faces of the crowd in Boston that was expecting to celebrate, saying anything to raise them out of defeat and despair. Imagine the apologies he must feel he has to make now to everyone who loves him.

The fact is that Mitt Romney will be remembered in history as a failure. Business, Olympics, government, it's all forgotten now. I don't care how many cars or houses he has, for he has enough to live out a comfortable and fulfilling life - but Election Night was surely the culmination an almost surreal human tragedy for him. I deeply sympathize with him. To wish this fate upon one's fellow man is truly criminal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies