Napoleon, Holy Roman Emperor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:15:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  Napoleon, Holy Roman Emperor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napoleon, Holy Roman Emperor?  (Read 1716 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:08:58 PM »

Okay so I know the premise is a little funny but I just watched a couple of Napoleon documentaries and I'm curious about something.  I learned that through his second wife, he was the son-in-law of Kaiser Franz II of the HRE.  I realize that Franz had many male heirs, but let's say somehow he has no male children.  I vaguely remember a foreshadow in Euro about how one Austrian Emperor ammended the law allowing women to inherit the throne, and there was at least one Austrian Empress.  I believe Napoleon's wife was the eldest daughter, so assuming Kaiser Franz dies earlier than otl, would she have been next in line to the throne, or would Napoleon be first in line of succession?  And if either of them took the throne, disregarding the obvious protests from lower nobility and peasant classes, (or perhaps not...) then would he have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected Holy Roman Emperor?  How would the rest of Europe react to this?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:54 PM »

The title of HRE (or, after 1806, Austrian Emperor) was going to remain in Habsburg hands; that's what the Pragmatic Sanction was all about.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies