Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 43
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread  (Read 85716 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: May 03, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »

And McCord fires back:  http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/05/democrat_rob_mccord_fires_back.html#incart_river_default
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #651 on: May 03, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »

Casey spoke out against the ad, too.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #652 on: May 04, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »

McCord endorse by Phila inquirerhttp://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/05/mccord_endorsed_by_the_philade.html#incart_river_default
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #653 on: May 04, 2014, 08:44:41 PM »

Wow. Didn't see that coming.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #654 on: May 04, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »

Any updates on Kathleen Kane?

Do you guys think she's been Christie'd by now? As in, she's just been too tarnished by this to really win higher office?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #655 on: May 04, 2014, 10:28:51 PM »

Any updates on Kathleen Kane?

Do you guys think she's been Christie'd by now? As in, she's just been too tarnished by this to really win higher office?
Probably. I guess it's still two years, but still......I can't see why we'd nominate her ahead of Sestak.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #656 on: May 05, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »

As he should. It's blatant race-baiting, and shame on the Philadelphia Inquirer for endorsing McCord after this stunt.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #657 on: May 05, 2014, 06:03:55 AM »

As he should. It's blatant race-baiting, and shame on the Philadelphia Inquirer for endorsing McCord after this stunt.

He's sensitive about it, personally.  His wife is African American. 

Interestingly, so is Corbett, who's grandson is biracial. 

McCord is not backing off; the ads are still running.

Wolf is getting hit with negative ads from McCord, on race, Schwartz, on selling his business and putt his employees out of their jobs, and Corbett, on his role in raising taxes.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #658 on: May 05, 2014, 02:51:52 PM »

Hanger endorses Wolf, though with some reservations:  http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/05/john_hanger_says_i_will_cast_m.html#incart_m-rpt-1
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #659 on: May 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »

I think Corbett is pretty irrelevant at this point his situation is not improving and the conditions in PA mean it will not likely improve for him. At this point his defeat is a guaranteed outcome at this point right now the real questions are who the Democratic nominee will be and how big of a margin they will win in November.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #660 on: May 06, 2014, 09:23:15 PM »

Wolf taking fire from Hafer (Schwartz proxy):  http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/05/tom_wolf_barbara_hafer_women_i.html#incart_m-rpt-1
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #661 on: May 06, 2014, 09:38:06 PM »

If there's ever a way to earn points with people, have Barbara Hafer attack you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #662 on: May 07, 2014, 04:11:19 PM »

All I'm going to say is I heard from a friend that big news is set to come down from Harrisburg.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #663 on: May 07, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »

All I'm going to say is I heard from a friend that big news is set to come down from Harrisburg.

Is Corbett resigning?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #664 on: May 07, 2014, 05:27:50 PM »

Is Corbett resigning?

Or Kane? Or is she getting charged? Don't be coy, boy. Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2014, 08:39:52 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 08:41:42 AM by Malcolm X »

We can now report that President Obama, Vice-President Biden, and every other Democratic elected official in the country have flown to Harrisburg to announce their resignation and permanent retirement from politics.  One top Democratic strategist who wished to remain anonymous said that "after the Kane scandal, everyone just collectively decided to call it a day.  I mean, given that it was basically the biggest scandal in American history and its unprecedented importance to voters throughout the country, we all sort of went 'why even bother anymore?'''  The Democratic Party is expected to wait until Friday to formally dissolve in order to give Pennsylvania Democrats time to replace their platform with a resolution declaring that Tom Corbett shall henceforth be known as "Eternal Governor and Savior of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #666 on: May 08, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »

Well, Corbett has decided not to challenge the voter ID ruling. I guess that could have been the "major news" but, hey, don't shoot the messenger, guys. Tongue
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #667 on: May 08, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »

We can now report that President Obama, Vice-President Biden, and every other Democratic elected official in the country have flown to Harrisburg to announce their resignation and permanent retirement from politics.  One top Democratic strategist who wished to remain anonymous said that "after the Kane scandal, everyone just collectively decided to call it a day.  I mean, given that it was basically the biggest scandal in American history and its unprecedented importance to voters throughout the country, we all sort of went 'why even bother anymore?'''  The Democratic Party is expected to wait until Friday to formally dissolve in order to give Pennsylvania Democrats time to replace their platform with a resolution declaring that Tom Corbett shall henceforth be known as "Eternal Governor and Savior of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."  

Though I doubt if it is serious at this point, they are considering Kane's impeachment.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #668 on: May 08, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »

Though I doubt if it is serious at this point, they are considering Kane's impeachment.

Who is "they"?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #669 on: May 08, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »

It seems like your quoting some of your fellow red avatars on Bridgegate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #670 on: May 08, 2014, 08:59:17 PM »

Well, Corbett has decided not to challenge the voter ID ruling. I guess that could have been the "major news" but, hey, don't shoot the messenger, guys. Tongue

Well, that was anticlimactic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #671 on: May 09, 2014, 07:30:37 AM »

Who is "they"?

Daryl Metcalfe. They're not going to impeach her though.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #672 on: May 09, 2014, 08:37:08 AM »

Good. Turzai's election-rigging is now (hopefully) dead forever.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #673 on: May 09, 2014, 10:20:18 AM »

Who is "they"?

A House Committee (the House is Republican and the chair is a real right-winger).
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #674 on: May 09, 2014, 10:21:36 AM »

Harrisburg Patriot News just endorsed Wolf:  http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/05/voters_should_pick_tom_wolf_in.html
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies