Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:37:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread  (Read 85900 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: March 14, 2014, 04:53:13 AM »

Deadline day was Tuesday. Seven Dems filed: Wolf, Wagner, McCord, Schwartz, McGinty and Hanger. Bob Guzzardi filed on the GOP side. Everything we expected. 

For Lt. Governor: Mark Smith, Brandon Neuman, Mike Stack, Jay Paterno, Brad Koplinski and Mark Critz.

CD13: Bill Clinton to stump for Margolies next month.

We do have a PA 13 thread, you know... Wink

Hanger just pulled out:  http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/03/john_hanger_withdraws_from_cam.html#incart_river_default

Awesome. And so did Jo Ellen Litz, though she didn't stand much of a chance either since both lacked cash and support and those one-issue campaigns never work, especially when it's something as minor as marijuana. Though I find it odd how Hanger gave Wagner the cold shoulder and said something nice about every other Democratic candidate except him. 

Statistically then, this means Schwartz has a 20% chance of getting the nomination, though this will likely be a race between Wolf, Schwartz, and McCord. Wolf is definitely favored, but I'm keeping my endorsement for Schwartz since she's probably the best qualified to be Governor. Her Congressional record on foreign policy and homeland security is terrible, though she wouldn't need that as Governor and the rest of her record is great. She can balance budgets, has good environmental and education records, is committed towards women's rights and the war on drugs, pro-minimum wage, pro-union, pro-gay rights, she's close to perfect. Hopefully, she can get a lot of help from the DGA and other outside groups because she'll desperately need it against Wolf.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:59:25 PM »

The PA Fraternal Order of Police endorses Wolf after supporting Corbett in 2010.

Wow. It's rare for them to endorse a Democrat.

Is it? In PA maybe? I know they recently endorsed the entire Dem slate for statewide offices (except SoS) in Ohio, though admittedly that's influenced by memories of SB 5, Though I think they backed Strickland too.
You never really know what to expect from the FOP. They endorsed the Dem in OH-Secy. of State in 2010, but now they're endorsing Husted and they refrained from an endorsement in Auditor in 2010, but endorsed Carney this year. The FOP didn't endorse FitzGerald over SB5, though. It was probably a contributing reason just like his "cops are idiots" gaffe, but they were furious after Kasich's "Era of Good Feelings" comment and they're mainly upset by Kasich's local cuts to public safety services.

I mean, it's not too surprising to see the FOP endorse a Democrat over Corbett of all people especially with Penn State and the budget cuts in mind. Besides a few Governors, a few PACs, and TX Conservative Dem, has anybody endorsed Corbett for re-election?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies