Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:13:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania 2014 Discussion Thread  (Read 85860 times)
NHLiberal

« on: July 02, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »

Well, since Kanegate hasn't damaged anything, I hope Kane will run. She would be th strongest democratic candidate against Toomey!

Ok, enough trolling. It's one poll and her standing is definitely damaged within the party.

It wasn't the first poll that showed Kane leading Toomey Phil, or being neck and neck with him. And yep, Kanegate doesn't seem to have sunk her.

...it's the only one after the scandal and that's the point here. Don't be disingenuous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Pennsylvania,_2016

You're right, but that hasn't changed a lot of things for Kane.
Even if some polls should poll this match up as well, Kanegate doesn't seem to have hurt her so much as some people could pretend on this thread.

There is no such thing as "Kanegate." Don't even indulge him by using his hackish terminology.
NHLiberal

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »

#Corbettmentum

I saw an interesting idea a couple days ago...is it possible for the PAGOP to replace Corbett at the last second with somebody else? Obviously it almost certainly wouldn't be enough to win, but it could help them down ballot by eliminating Corbett's reverse coattails. What would be the cutoff for when they could possibly do this?

I feel like at this point it would't change anything. What candidate that would be good enough to narrow the gap a little bit would be willing to run in a guaranteed loss at the last minute?
NHLiberal

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »

Three rather early debates set: September 22nd in Harrisburg, October 1st in Philly and October 8th in Pittsburgh. That's it.

Ah, the post TXConservativeDem has been waiting for!
NHLiberal

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2014, 03:45:02 PM by NHLiberal »

Write-up on State Senate seats that might flip. The author points out that GOP-held seats 26, 40 and 6 that are at least tossups. I thought Democrats are on track to lose 32 though, which isn't mentioned.

Oh wow, so Democrats only actually need to net a 2 seat gain to have the majority because the LG tie breaker will be a Democrat. So if they pick up 26, 40, and 6 and lose 32 or a different one, that would be enough.

EDIT: Never mind. I just read the bit at the end that says that one seat is guaranteed to flip D to R because of the retirement/redistricting/Republican running unopposed
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies