Republican Reformation - The Minority-Majority Approaches (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:39:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Republican Reformation - The Minority-Majority Approaches (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 2016 Republican Candidacy?
Paul Ryan

Condoleezza Rice

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 3

Author Topic: Republican Reformation - The Minority-Majority Approaches  (Read 2184 times)
Benjamin Stewart
Vaspasian
United States

« on: November 13, 2012, 04:41:20 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2012, 04:57:12 PM by Benjamin Stewart »

The question was poised by all 3 major Cable News stations shortly after it become clear Obama was the victor of the 2012 election; Will the Republican Party ever again be able to win on the white vote alone?  How drastic does the Rep. rethink need to be?

I personally believe it is unquestionable that the Republican Party is the less minority-friendly party of the two, but 2012 was the failure of Mitt Romney, not Republican ideology.  It's ridiculous the way some liberals paint conservatism to include racism, prejudice and ignorance when it just is not the case.  

Easy way to fix the Republican image?  Run Condoleezza Rice in 2016.  Win or not, she could easily be the face a more open and universally appealing Republican party.
Benjamin Stewart
Vaspasian
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »

I don't disagree that sustained attempts over time to reach new demographics is the REAL solution to the problem, but it isn't realistic.  As much as I would like to believe that the "party" itself will realize the forward progress that needs to be made, I don't think that will ever happen.  They need a candidate to lead them in that direction.

I think Condy Rice would make a good candidate because she is a racial minority yes, but that is absolutely not one of the really major qualifications I considered.  She is experienced, highly intelligent and a good orator.  That combined with a reasonable conservative ideology seems to me at least to equal the perfect individual (Electorally victorious or not) to start the Republican movements that need to happen.
Benjamin Stewart
Vaspasian
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:37:24 PM »

From the beginning I didn't intend to give the impression that simply running a minority candidate would fix the parties problems, merely its IMAGE.  And in a world of mass media and the Daily Me, what you APPEAR to believe is more important than what you may actually believe.

Example:  Barack Obama won the White House in 2008 by saying things like, "change!" and "hope!"  He seemed so Progressive, when really the same policies would have been pushed if Hillary Clinton were President.  I'm by no means insulting the man, I happen to be a supporter, but that's just how 21st politics is done.

In my original post I asserted that an easy fix for the Republican image (IMAGE) would be to run Condy Rice, and I stand by that statement.  Can you really deny that it wouldn't be a step in the right political direction?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies