Office of the Secretary of Internal Affairs, Speed of Sound
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:29:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Secretary of Internal Affairs, Speed of Sound
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Office of the Secretary of Internal Affairs, Speed of Sound  (Read 6135 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 05:47:30 PM »

On the grounds that, ample time having passed, I do not believe that the Midwest will consider the placement of their regional university further, nor will an official request be made of my office, I will archive the closest thing to evidence for a preference that I can find:

Hey everyone. We ought to make a push for some of the funds which I have to hand out as SoIA; also, we need to pick where our regional university is going. For the former I have not a proposal; for the latter, I propose Bismarck, Serenity out of complete homerism. I'll leave below the official text I've been sending all of the legislatures, just so it's out there. When decisions are made, I'd like to have Kal give me the official requests in my Government Board official office....

Therefore, I hereby officially approve of the establishment of the Midwest's regional university in Bismarck, Serenity (ND).

....I have sneaking suspicions it will never be built. Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 08:23:07 PM »

Mr. Secretary, we would like 80% of the funds to go to areas and people affected by the hurricane in New Jersey, and the remainder to go to affected areas in New York for shelter, home repair, and bus/train/subway system repair.

Thank you.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 11:31:25 PM »

Aid to the uninsured would be very helpful as well.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »

Well, Mr. Governor, I'll propose some numbers from the bill first, and willingly receive some feedback from both relevant executives (namely yourself and the ME Governor Tmth), and then after any necessary changes, I will certify the numbers. Of course, the final decision will ultimately be mine, but I am listening very closely to the requests of both sides (I have already been PM'd by the Governor of ME once). Let's give it a go:

For the NE: 85% of Clause 1, 75% of Clause 2

Clause 1 totals: $4.25 bil, with $3.75 bil going into NJ, and $.75 bil into NY.

Clause 2 total: $1.5 billion, which I trust enough to see correct usage that I require no further explanation.

For the ME: 15% of Clause 1, 25% of Clause 2

Clause 1 total: $.75 billion

Clause 2 total: $.5 billion

So, give me an earful, gentlemen. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »

I am perfectly fine with this, knowing that more aid will be coming soon as well.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 09:21:32 PM »

I am perfectly fine with this, knowing that more aid will be coming soon as well.

I concur!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 10:40:05 PM »

Ah, wonderful then! No more delay on this is appropriate.

I hereby officially apportion the funds from the National Disaster Relief Act of 2012 in the following manner:

For the NE: 85% of Clause 1, 75% of Clause 2

Clause 1 totals: $4.25 bil, with $3.75 bil going into NJ, and $.75 bil into NY.

Clause 2 total: $1.5 billion, which I trust enough to see correct usage that I require no further explanation.

For the ME: 15% of Clause 1, 25% of Clause 2

Clause 1 total: $.75 billion

Clause 2 total: $.5 billion

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2012, 06:20:05 PM by Speed of Sound »

Quickly listing out things I still need to get done, just so everyone knows that I know where I'm at/people can point out mistakes in the list:

Finish the Approval for Transportation Funds (NE, IDS, ME, PAC)
Garden of Dreams Act
Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act (IDS outstanding)
Worker Co-Operative Pilot Program
Aid in debate for multiple bills/committees
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 01:19:30 AM »

With that list kept here and in mind, it's time for me to accept what was already evident the last few days: I have to take a leave for about a week here to finish school work. I have a number of big tasks here that I want to get right and am excited about, but the large amount of time I want just doesn't exist. I may pop in on occasion and push something along, but it's the exception and not the rule for a little while. I know that this isn't well timed with the crisis amongst other cabinet members, but I don't have another choice. The good news is that I will have approx. infinite time once the semester is over! Yay! Other good news: this gives the regions extra time to let me know what their outline for the Transport money is (again, it can be really simple, I just want to know where it's going). I will be popping in just to confirm my continued desire and awareness towards my job. My apologies again to all and good luck if you are going through the same academic stretch!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 11:27:23 PM »

The Imperial Legislature has decided to apportion funds for rapid bus transit systems among its cities according to the numbers laid out below (all numbers are in millions of dollars:

My proposal goes as follows (in millions of $) :
Atlanta 248
Miami 214
Dallas 199
Houston 192
Tampa 123
San Juan 108
Orlando 76
Austin 68
San Antonio 68
Charlotte 66
Jacksonville 54
Memphis 53
Nashville 53
Raleigh 48
Birmingham 41
New Orleans 35
El Paso 31
Charleston 30
Little Rock 24
Jackson 19
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:42 AM »

Hello everyone, just a quick announcement:

I apologize for the lengthy absence again. The nature of my finals meant more of a two week grind. I am happy to announce, however, that I am officially returning to duty this Sunday. I'll be dedicating most of the week especially to catching up, but I will hardly rush anyone who has had the displeasure of having to first wait on me.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2012, 12:20:21 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Governor Tmthforu94
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

Since His Excellence, the Game Moderator Mr. Shua has held no challenge to our previous plans to install a high-speed rail from the outskirts of Los Angeles through San Bernardino County, to the proposed University in Reno, Nevada, I as Governor officially request our use of the transportation funds to be used on this project.

Thank you!
Very good then!

I officially approve the release of $1.25 billion from Transportation Infrastructure Investment Act to the Pacific Government.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 08:08:35 AM »

I am pleased to announce that I have begun discussions with the regional executives on the appropriation of the funds from the Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act:

We hope to reach some conclusions concrete enough to secure the funds allowed for this year, and then establish deeper plans for next year's allocation. I will keep everyone posted on progress with each region.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2012, 10:40:05 PM »

Mr. Secretary, the Northeast hereby requests that the monies be distributed by the following criteria;

• 30% to Planned Parenthood health centers
  • 50% to public and private schools for the hiring of sex education/health teachers
  • 20% to AIDS research centers

"Abstinence only" education programs would, of course, not be covered.  The last bullet isn't particularly relevant to sex education, but I don't see why allocating some of the funds to AIDS research shouldn't be allowed.

Please let me know if there's any other information you need for the monies to be appropriated.

Thanks. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 11:08:52 PM »

Mr. Secretary, the Mideast Region makes the following request:

- 85% to public, private, and charter schools in the region for the hiring of sexual education/health teachers, as well as materials for those classes.
- 15% to Planned Parenthood health centers, with funds being used exclusively for the distribution of contraceptives.

In response to your personal message, the Mideast will not be encouraging abstinence-only education, but do believe it has a place in the curriculum.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »

An SoIA is only as strong as the executives he works with; thank you so much gentlemen for your co-operation. Smiley

For the records...

I hereby approve the release of $10,000,000 per the Abortion Restriction Bill to the following regions:

The Northeast, following this plan:
Mr. Secretary, the Northeast hereby requests that the monies be distributed by the following criteria;

• 30% to Planned Parenthood health centers
  • 50% to public and private schools for the hiring of sex education/health teachers
  • 20% to AIDS research centers

"Abstinence only" education programs would, of course, not be covered.  The last bullet isn't particularly relevant to sex education, but I don't see why allocating some of the funds to AIDS research shouldn't be allowed.

The Mideast, following this plan:
Mr. Secretary, the Mideast Region makes the following request:

- 85% to public, private, and charter schools in the region for the hiring of sexual education/health teachers, as well as materials for those classes.
- 15% to Planned Parenthood health centers, with funds being used exclusively for the distribution of contraceptives.

In response to your personal message, the Mideast will not be encouraging abstinence-only education, but do believe it has a place in the curriculum.

The Pacific, following this plan:
Mr. Secretary, the Pacific hereby requests that the monies be distributed by the following criteria;

-45% to sexual and illicit drug health centers for teenagers and the less fortunate who can't afford standardized health insurance.
-35% to the hiring budget and program budget for sexual education teachers of public secondary schools in the Pacific Region.
-20% to research of sexual transmitted disease or illicit drug effect research and how to fix the ever growing problem facing our region.

I've PMed you on what I want the SexEd programs to be like.
Thank you, Mr. Secretary! Smiley

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »

This means that I still need some plans from the IDS and the Midwest, whose executives I will contact again tomorrow, since it is Christmas (Leipsmas?). I also need to get in touch again after the holidays with the NE. Once I get a little more info regarding the response from the IDS legislature on the first "regional event", I will update that story in my Fantasy Elections Thread.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »

Sorry about missing these, gents. I love these plans, as different as they each are!

I hereby approve the release of funds per the Transportation Bill to the IDS and Mideast, respectively, using the following proposals:

The Imperial Legislature has decided to apportion funds for rapid bus transit systems among its cities according to the numbers laid out below (all numbers are in millions of dollars:

My proposal goes as follows (in millions of $) :
Atlanta 248
Miami 214
Dallas 199
Houston 192
Tampa 123
San Juan 108
Orlando 76
Austin 68
San Antonio 68
Charlotte 66
Jacksonville 54
Memphis 53
Nashville 53
Raleigh 48
Birmingham 41
New Orleans 35
El Paso 31
Charleston 30
Little Rock 24
Jackson 19

MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2012, 06:32:33 AM »

This means that I still need some plans from the IDS and the Midwest, whose executives I will contact again tomorrow, since it is Christmas (Leipsmas?). I also need to get in touch again after the holidays with the NE. Once I get a little more info regarding the response from the IDS legislature on the first "regional event", I will update that story in my Fantasy Elections Thread.

Just for sake of information, Midwest is currently electing a new executive (incumbent isn't running again).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 03:39:35 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2013, 03:45:12 AM by Emperor PiT »

I don't believe that I was ever contacted regarding the Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act. I'll seek counsel from the Legislature.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 10:44:21 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2013, 10:46:29 PM by Governor Scott »

Are you all right, Mr. Secretary?  You've been gone a while.

In case you get back, here's a question I thought I'd ask because you're probably most qualified to answer; are farm subsidies primarily distributed by the federal government or by the regional governments?  I ask because it's relevant to legislation I recently introduced to the Northeast Assembly.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2013, 06:29:59 PM »

The Northeast Region requests waivers from all federally mandated standardized tests.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies