Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:50:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 282733 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: February 21, 2017, 09:59:29 PM »

First shred of good local government news since a long time.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #676 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:42 PM »

Turnout in Dane County is absolutely massive. So far, there have been about 50k votes cast in Dane (which is not yet all in), compared to 25k in Waukesha, which is all in.  Evers is also getting around 47% in Waukesha, and over 80% in Dane.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #677 on: February 21, 2017, 10:05:13 PM »

Turnout in Dane County is absolutely massive. So far, there have been about 50k votes cast in Dane (which is not yet all in), compared to 25k in Waukesha, which is all in.  Evers is also getting around 47% in Waukesha, and over 80% in Dane.

Yeah, it was near midterm turnout in some places. The Madison area residents have already  had it with Trump.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #678 on: February 21, 2017, 10:06:08 PM »

Yeah, it was near midterm turnout in some places. The Madison area residents have already  had it with Trump.

Sounds like we could see 30% turnout in Dane... for the Spring Primary. That's totally insane.

Also, Evers carried Ozaukee.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #679 on: February 21, 2017, 10:08:12 PM »

What are the turnout numbers (%) in Milwaukee and the WOW counties?
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #680 on: February 21, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »

What are the turnout numbers (%) in Milwaukee and the WOW counties?

Much lower... Its almost certain that more people will vote in Dane than Milwaukee county. Milwaukee is almost all in and it's only got a 500 vote edge on Dane. Dane is only about 75% in.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #681 on: February 21, 2017, 11:25:03 PM »

Why this state can't just confine its elections to even numbered years with a spring primary and a November general election is beyond me.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #682 on: February 21, 2017, 11:35:49 PM »

Why this state can't just confine its elections to even numbered years with a spring primary and a November general election is beyond me.

Not even just Wisconsin, but many others with abysmal turnout as well. Elections should take place every 2 years on the same date, from federal to local races. Other setups only reduce the voice of the people and end up costing the state a lot more money.

The only real benefit to off-off-year elections like these that I can see is it gives us Atlas folk something to talk about
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #683 on: February 22, 2017, 12:02:55 AM »

http://fox6now.com/2017/02/16/questions-raised-about-political-deal-between-candidates-for-state-superintendent/

apparently Holtz attempted to bribe Humphries out of the race.

Sounds like Evers has it in the bag.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #684 on: February 22, 2017, 08:25:14 AM »

Yep. I'm in Dane county (burbs, though, not Madison proper) and there was actually a line when I went to vote around 1:30. Not like November, obviously, but while two people were getting checked in, there were four-five waiting.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »

What sucks about all of this hype and Democratic interest is that no one decided to challenge a conservative Supreme Court Justice that will be up for reelection at the same time as Evers. Might have had a chance this year.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #686 on: February 22, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »

What sucks about all of this hype and Democratic interest is that no one decided to challenge a conservative Supreme Court Justice that will be up for reelection at the same time as Evers. Might have had a chance this year.

I was thinking the same thing.  A YUGE missed opportunity.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #687 on: February 22, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »

I was thinking the same thing.  A YUGE missed opportunity.

Yes... a complete disaster. God, the DPW is a giant turd.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #688 on: February 22, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »

Looking at the results at the county level, the traditional GOP East, Dem West pattern is very obvious. Evers dominated in Western Wisconsin, especially along the traditional Dem corridor between Eau Claire, La Crosse, and Dane counties.

The only real surprises are Douglas County, which Evers' won, but by much less than you would expect given all the surrounding counties, and Evers' over-performance in Outagamie, which he won with more than 70% - and as I mentioned earlier, Ozaukee seems to be peeling itself out of WOW, as Evers carried it. Holtz only "won" Washington and Waukesha counties... he even lost Florence.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »

Looking at the results at the county level, the traditional GOP East, Dem West pattern is very obvious. Evers dominated in Western Wisconsin, especially along the traditional Dem corridor between Eau Claire, La Crosse, and Dane counties.

The only real surprises are Douglas County, which Evers' won, but by much less than you would expect given all the surrounding counties, and Evers' over-performance in Outagamie, which he won with more than 70% - and as I mentioned earlier, Ozaukee seems to be peeling itself out of WOW, as Evers carried it. Holtz only "won" Washington and Waukesha counties... he even lost Florence.

My village which is in Milwaukee County and is usually 55-60% Republican was won by Evers by either 55% or 57%, can't remember exactly. He's pretty inoffensive and he's an incumbent so probably a big name recognition thing. Also Holtz and Humphries appear to try to destroy each other and illegal themselves out of the race.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #690 on: February 22, 2017, 11:35:22 AM »

Link please?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #691 on: February 22, 2017, 12:23:05 PM »

Why was Dane poll spamming?
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #692 on: February 22, 2017, 12:53:37 PM »

Link please?

http://www.wisconsinvote.org/results/Supt%20of%20Public%20Instrctn%20-%20Primary%20(O)/county-results
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #693 on: February 22, 2017, 01:05:41 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 01:11:35 PM by Wiz in Wis »

I made this for giggles... May have an error or two.

Red Evers, Blue Holtz.

Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #694 on: February 22, 2017, 03:14:30 PM »

I believe one of the republicans had been previously in charge of the Superior school district, that's probably why Douglas has a soft margin.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #695 on: February 22, 2017, 04:46:31 PM »

Red Evers, Blue Holtz.

That's a landslide in Wisconsin if I've ever seen one.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #696 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:23 AM »

Red Evers, Blue Holtz.

Kohl in 06, won every county.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #697 on: February 23, 2017, 01:36:13 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2017, 01:42:57 PM by Wiz in Wis »

Red Evers, Blue Holtz.

That's the election I used as a template for this picture. Oddly, Evers had a higher vote share (70%) than Kohl did (67%). Evers ran 12 points ahead of Kohl in Dane County.

Again, the marginal turnout rates by county here is quite fascinating. In 06, there were about 33% more total votes in Milwaukee County than in Dane County, and Dane county only had about 22% more votes than Waukesha County. In 17, there were about 14% more votes cast in Dane County than in Milwaukee County... and more than 140% more than in Waukesha County.

The anti-Trump elite in Madison showed up... in droves.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #698 on: February 23, 2017, 03:42:14 PM »

Red Evers, Blue Holtz.

That's the election I used as a template for this picture. Oddly, Evers had a higher vote share (70%) than Kohl did (67%). Evers ran 12 points ahead of Kohl in Dane County.

Again, the marginal turnout rates by county here is quite fascinating. In 06, there were about 33% more total votes in Milwaukee County than in Dane County, and Dane county only had about 22% more votes than Waukesha County. In 17, there were about 14% more votes cast in Dane County than in Milwaukee County... and more than 140% more than in Waukesha County.

The anti-Trump elite in Madison showed up... in droves.

I believe the turnout was 8.67% which is really, really pathetic. Weird results will happen.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #699 on: February 26, 2017, 09:03:48 AM »

We wanted a Gubernatorial candidate? Well we have one now:

Bob Harlow, last ran for US House in California in the 18th District. 

https://ballotpedia.org/Bob_Harlow

One of his main points is a bullet train, which I do like:

http://thepointeruwsp.com/2017/02/03/bullet-train-proposal-races-for-voter-attention/
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies