Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:04:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 283884 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: August 16, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »

Any updates on Soglin's potential entrance into the Governor's race?

Nope, and I hope there isn't any.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #901 on: August 17, 2017, 12:09:12 AM »

Any updates on Soglin's potential entrance into the Governor's race?

Nope, and I hope there isn't any.
Being a longtime mayor and a "muh Madison libruhl" would sink him instantly.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #902 on: August 20, 2017, 11:01:52 AM »

That's actually pretty bad for Walker.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #903 on: August 20, 2017, 11:05:06 AM »

That's two recent polls with Walker's numbers underwater. Maybe he's ot as invincible as some people think.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #904 on: August 20, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »

Marist did terribly in the Midwest in 2016, and Marquette showed much better numbers for Walker. He definitely isn't "finished", lol.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #905 on: August 20, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »

Has Russ Feingold ruled this race out?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #906 on: August 20, 2017, 03:02:40 PM »

Marist did terribly in the Midwest in 2016, and Marquette showed much better numbers for Walker. He definitely isn't "finished", lol.

Even if you add 5 points for potential hidden Republicans, its still terrible. Also the Marquette poll was before the $3,000,000,000 Foxconn boondoggle.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #907 on: August 20, 2017, 03:03:42 PM »

Has Russ Feingold ruled this race out?

Not to my knowledge, but we have good candidates in the running or mulling to run already, namely Vinehout and Evers.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #908 on: August 20, 2017, 03:34:10 PM »

Marist did terribly in the Midwest in 2016

Which states? I couldn't find any for Wisconsin/Michigan. There are ones for Illinois in like March and one for Iowa in August. The IA poll didn't seem that out of step with what you might expect then.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #909 on: August 20, 2017, 03:56:55 PM »

In the Marist Poll of PA, MI, and WI, Trump is furthest in negative territory in WI. That probably won't bode well for the WI GOP. Maybe 2018 will be like 2010, where WI went from a D trifecta to and R trifecta in a single election, except it goes from an R trifecta to a D trifecta.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #910 on: August 20, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »

In the Marist Poll of PA, MI, and WI, Trump is furthest in negative territory in WI. That probably won't bode well for the WI GOP. Maybe 2018 will be like 2010, where WI went from a D trifecta to and R trifecta in a single election, except it goes from an R trifecta to a D trifecta.

As much as I'd like to dream, that's extreamly unlikely.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #911 on: August 20, 2017, 04:20:40 PM »

Ugh, if only Vinehout hadn't been in that car crash in 2014. She'd have been a much much better candidate than the Some Lady Mary Burke, and could've replicated Tom Wolf's victory, especially thanks to her appeal to western Wisconsin.

Then she would probably cruise to reelection in 2018, everything being the same, and probably be on veep shortlists or even an outside presidential campaign in 2020.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #912 on: August 20, 2017, 05:26:42 PM »

That's two recent polls with Walker's numbers underwater. Maybe he's ot as invincible as some people think.

He's obviously not safe. If 2018 is a bad year for Republicans and Democrats land a decent candidate (granted neither of those are given), muh "WI GOP machine" isn't going to be enough to save him.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #913 on: August 21, 2017, 12:20:05 AM »

Which states? I couldn't find any for Wisconsin/Michigan. There are ones for Illinois in like March and one for Iowa in August. The IA poll didn't seem that out of step with what you might expect then.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=242977.0

Also:

It should be noted that NBC News/Marist had Hillary winning PA by 12 points in mid-October.

But yeah, they didn't poll WI in 2016. It was Marquette that showed Clinton up 6 in November, not NBC/Marist.

Look, I'm not saying he won't face a tough reelection battle, but it's way too early to count him out. Saying that there is no way he can win and basing it on numbers from a pollster who did poorly in 2016 and doing so 15 months before the election is ridiculous. WI isn't IL, as I'm sure Ron Johnson will tell you.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #914 on: August 21, 2017, 12:44:46 AM »

Also:

It should be noted that NBC News/Marist had Hillary winning PA by 12 points in mid-October.

But yeah, they didn't poll WI in 2016. It was Marquette that showed Clinton up 6 in November, not NBC/Marist.

Look, I'm not saying he won't face a tough reelection battle, but it's way too early to count him out. Saying that there is no way he can win and basing it on numbers from a pollster who did poorly in 2016 and doing so 15 months before the election is ridiculous. WI isn't IL, as I'm sure Ron Johnson will tell you.

I'm still bitter about Ron Johnson...
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #915 on: August 21, 2017, 07:09:41 AM »

Also:

One of the best Senators money can buy -- an empty suit who believes that no human suffering is excessive so long as it enriches and pampers elites.

The 2016 election made me regret that I am an American.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #916 on: August 21, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »

Also:

Same :/
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #917 on: August 22, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »

Evers declaring his campaign for Governor so it's official. Vinehout is the best choice IMO but he's not a bad one either, he's not that offensive to anyone.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #918 on: August 22, 2017, 08:44:14 AM »

Evers declaring his campaign for Governor so it's official. Vinehout is the best choice IMO but he's not a bad one either, he's not that offensive to anyone.
She's going to run or that is unlikely?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #919 on: August 22, 2017, 08:46:06 AM »

She has an exploratory committee and I've heard there are signs for her in Madison area, I'd say she'll run but not official yet.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #920 on: August 22, 2017, 08:48:27 AM »

She has an exploratory committee and I've heard there are signs for her in Madison area, I'd say she'll run but not official yet.

I think she runs too, but Wachs running raises some doubts for me. I don't know if he would run if Vinehout was considering their territory overlaps.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #921 on: August 22, 2017, 08:51:19 AM »

Has Walker become more vulnerable?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #922 on: August 22, 2017, 09:01:23 AM »

Some PPP polls by State Senate District:

Walker even or popular in Central Wisconsin and unpopular in Western Wisconsin. Vinehout or Wachs would be a great to exploit that unpopularity in that region.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #923 on: August 22, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »

Yeah, Wachs is a surprise, but I still think Evers is the best shot even though Vinehout has a fair bit of excitement behind her even though she hasn't declared yet, officially that is.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #924 on: August 22, 2017, 09:11:48 AM »

Some PPP polls by State Senate District:

Walker even or popular in Central Wisconsin and unpopular in Western Wisconsin. Vinehout or Wachs would be a great to exploit that unpopularity in that region.

Interesting, because Western Wisconsin has been drifting rightward over the past decade. It could trickle into congressional races, making Ron Kind in WI-03 safe (I suspected the NRCC would give him a pass anyway), and could make Sean Duffy in WI-07 vulnerable.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies