Wisconsin Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:07:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 285377 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 08, 2015, 03:23:47 PM »

Is La Follette considering challenging Feingold?

Between those two, I'd prefer the former.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:43:44 PM »

La Follette is rapidly closing in on 80 years old.
He ran in 2012 for Governor.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 02:02:11 PM »

La Follette is rapidly closing in on 80 years old.
He ran in 2012 for Governor.

....stop.
What are you talking about?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 06:53:48 PM »

Chris Abele/Lena Taylor would be very strong, but I'm not sure it could win a primary.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 09:12:06 PM »

Chris Abele/Lena Taylor would be very strong, but I'm not sure it could win a primary.

Keep Lena Taylor away from any leadership post. She loves to hear herself talk and isn't well liked by anyone.

I thought she was the Brian Schatz of Wisconsin, in that Taylor is very popular with the progressive base.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:47:39 PM »

Even Kind?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »

Sean Duffy is the only Republican I can see winning here. It's Tilt D if he faces Abele and Toss-up if he faces Kind or Nelson and Tilt R if it's somebody else. Rating this Tilt D.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 10:35:08 PM »

The PA House Speaker said the same exact thing in 2012. Fat lot of good it did them.

By preventing voter fraud, at least to them.

Please stop mistaking this for "honesty from evil Reps, LOL," as they honestly support voter ID laws without an evil ulterior motive, much like most Democrats.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 06:38:23 PM »

The PA House Speaker said the same exact thing in 2012. Fat lot of good it did them.

By preventing voter fraud, at least to them.

Please stop mistaking this for "honesty from evil Reps, LOL," as they honestly support voter ID laws without an evil ulterior motive, much like most Democrats.

Empirical evidence has proven that voter fraud doesn't exist. It's a meme created by Republicans to suppress the vote.

So no one honestly believes it?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 04:58:25 PM »

What about an Abele/Cieslewicz or Abele/Tim Carpenter ticket? Both would rally the progressives to his side without disturbing the suburbs much if at all.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 03:49:55 PM »

What about an Abele/Cieslewicz or Abele/Tim Carpenter ticket? Both would rally the progressives to his side without disturbing the suburbs much if at all.

While I would love an Abele run and victory I doubt it would happen. His victory in April was due to Republicans and independents and he split Democrats/liberals in the city but lost them in the suburbs. Likely wouldn't be able to win the nomination.

Would Cieslewicz or Carpenter be a strong enough running-mate to get him the nomination?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 07:57:49 PM »

Democrats: James Santelle, Kathleen Falk, Peg Lautschenlager, Susan Happ, Ismael Ozanne

Republicans: J. B. Van Hollen, Adam Jarchow, Cody Horlacher, Dave Heaton
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 01:29:43 AM »

"Why would we run Chris Abele when Mary Burke will win over woman and beat him again?"
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 08:32:03 PM »

"Why would we run Chris Abele when Mary Burke will win over woman and beat him again?"

Again? He never before.

Democrats best choice would probably be state senator Schilling from LaCrosse. No idea if she'll run though.

I was being ironic.

Also, since you're a Republican from Wisconsin, what's your opinion of Abele?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 11:14:54 PM »

I like Abele, voted for him back in April. Socially liberal and fiscally moderate to conservative. Willing to work with anyone to get the job done. Big advocate of jobs and mental health. Has a strong backing and opposition from different labor unions and members of the black community.

Would give Walker a strong run and likely win if he could get the Dem nomination. Likely wouldn't be able to do it because he's a moderate and has strong opponents. He won in April by landsliding the suburbs and splitting Milwaukee (was 50/50 but he had a slight vote lead). Only lost Shorewood 55-45 (most liberal suburb).

I also don't think he's going to run though but I want him too, but again probably couldn't get the Dem nomination.

Is there a person ideologically close to or a good ally of Feingold who might run on a ticket with Abele? For instance, Chris Larson endorsed Feingold pretty quickly IIRC.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 01:04:52 PM »

The Capital Times: 7 Democrats who might challenge Scott Walker in 2018

- Former State Senator Tim Cullen (Represented Janesville and Beloit)
- State Senator Kathleen Vinehout (Represents Eau Claire and the Northern Dirftless Area)
- Senate Minority Leader Jennifer Shilling (Represents La Crosse and the Central Driftless Area)
- Representative Dana Wachs (Represents Eau Claire)
- Dane County Executive Joe Parisi (From the Eastside of Madison)
- U.S. Representative Ron Kind (WI-03, Represents the Western part of the state)
- Exact Sciences CEO Kevin Conroy (From Madison)

As much as I love Parisi, I personally would prefer either Vinehout or Shilling. Democrats need to win the Western part of the state in order to win statewide and they would hopefully be able to carry it.

Of the city mayors, would Jim Schmitt, Dave Cieslewicz, or Tom Barrett be interested in running for Governor?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 01:41:02 AM »

I thought former office holders often run for office. In Wisconsin alone, I can think of Russ Feingold, Peter Barca, and Kathleen Falk.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »

Tommy Thompson taking a shot at Scott Walker:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There has been some public bad blood recently between the two as Thompson has not been of Walker's cuts/changes to the UW system.

Ha! Jessie's got him! It's actually 3% above what Thompson alleged!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2016, 11:05:15 PM »

This race will line up with the Senate race. There won't be many Walker/Baldwin voters.
Absolutely. There is a 98% chance the same party wins both.
The GOP bench is so short I'm not quite sure about that. Duffy could beat Baldwin as Cieslewicz could beat Walker. Besides that, there's Paul Jadin, a handful of unambitious congressmen, Treasurer Matt Adamczyk, Attorney General Brad Schimel, Robin Vos, and Mary Lazich. The latter two are little known Assembly GOP leaders, while Schimel and Adamczyk only got elected in 2014.

The Democrats have Ron Kind, Peter Barca, Chris Larson, Tom Barett, Mark Pocan, Joe Parisi, Kathleen Falk, Tom Nelson, Chris Abele, and Jonathan Brostoff. Their bench is far, far deeper.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 09:49:08 PM »

What about someone like Jonathan Brostoff or Marina Dimitrijevic at the top, with Chris Abele on the bottom? Brostoff represents Larson's faction, Dimitrijevic represents Gwen Moore and Tom Barrett, while Chris Abele is obviously appealing to moderates.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »

I wish Dave Cieslewicz would run.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »

Wisconsin Assembly working on a call for a constitutional convention for a balanced budget amendment. Scary to think how close it is, if enough states pass it the 1st Amendment is one that will be gone for sure, no matter what they say the reason they're calling it is for.
It is undeniable that a Constitutional Convention would be an easy way for a dictator to seize power. If you get, say, twenty-six delegates in your inner circle elected, assuming each state elects one delegate, you could easily become an absolute monarch.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 10:27:26 PM »

It is undeniable that a Constitutional Convention would be an easy way for a dictator to seize power. If you get, say, twenty-six delegates in your inner circle elected, assuming each state elects one delegate, you could easily become an absolute monarch.

But 3/4th of the states would have to ratify those amendments. It would take very wide consensus for a dictator to seize power.

Theoretically, they could suspend that rule.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 08:27:44 PM »

So it appears that Tony Evers is in. He officially announced yesterday. He made a 15 minute announcement speech where he espoused many progressive values and he often seemed to link his ideas back to children and his career in education. He also made a 3 minute video which I have linked to here. What do y'all think of it?
I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think he has the looks for it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 06:43:52 AM »

Kathleen Vinehout sounds fine to me... Is Dave Cieslewicz or Chris Abele likely to end up on the bottom of the Democratic ticket?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies