Wisconsin Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:52:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 284121 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« on: February 21, 2017, 09:14:13 AM »

Any thought's on today's state superintendent election? I didn't go back too far in the thread, so I'm not sure if I missed discussion about it. Do folks think Evers will at least stay on the ballot?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »

Seeing on Twitter that Madison could get to 20% turnout. Would shatter the prior record of 10% turnout in a Spring election primary.

There's a huge push here among folks who attended the Women's March to go vote. It'll be interesting to see those numbers!
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 08:25:14 AM »

Turnout in Dane County is absolutely massive. So far, there have been about 50k votes cast in Dane (which is not yet all in), compared to 25k in Waukesha, which is all in.  Evers is also getting around 47% in Waukesha, and over 80% in Dane.

Yeah, it was near midterm turnout in some places. The Madison area residents have already  had it with Trump.

Yep. I'm in Dane county (burbs, though, not Madison proper) and there was actually a line when I went to vote around 1:30. Not like November, obviously, but while two people were getting checked in, there were four-five waiting.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »

I know Wisconsin seems to have a pretty awful "bench" of Democrats, but isn't there someone better than Soglin? Even in Madison he isn't as popular as you would expect, and I haven't heard anyone particularly excited about him tossing out the possibility of running for governor.

Honestly, even outside my political beliefs and just as an observer, it would be very frustrating to see Walker win again just because there's no decent competition. I feel like any decent challenge (even from a different Republican in the primaries) would knock him out of the race. He's not that strong of a candidate, but he holds on.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 05:14:11 PM »

It just doesn't seem like there's a good Dem who is strong enough to pull together the party here. Everything is so fractured. As it stands, I see a really low turnout on the Dem side for the primary and things not pulling together before the general. Walker could win just because the Dems can't get their act together at the state level.

I'm also terribly afraid for Tammy Baldwin. She's done excellently, but if the Dem turnout is low because of the previously mentioned governor mess, she's toast.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 09:54:07 AM »

I haven't heard much about who is favored, but the statewide and Dane county Dems are pushing hard for Burns. Mark Pocan also endorsed him. My vote will be for Dallet, based on their interviews with various newspapers and such.

Heading to the polling place here in the next few hours, so I'll report on how things look there, as well as behavior of the poll volunteers. At the 2016 general, my husband got turned away for his ID address not matching his polling address, which is not how the law works. Luckily he knew that, as I also have an ID with our old address on it, and voted before him, so he pressed the worker and was allowed to vote. But I am afraid that other people may have been turned away.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 09:57:44 AM »

Oh, is there any sort of polling that's been done on the Democratic primary candidates for governor? The field is flooded, and I'd kind of like to see which way the winds are blowing...
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »

Moved last fall, think I figured out where I'm supposed to vote, we'll find out if I'm right after work. Just the State SC and local school board election to vote in. The school board has it split between those who are infuriated the school board passed an energy saves/repair motion last year without letting the voters try and vote it down. Will be voting for those in favor of the correct use of power/not the morons who want to pay nothing for schools.

Super easy to look up in WI: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 11:00:29 AM »

IIRC it's run by what used to be the GAB. The folks there try to stay on top of things.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 02:25:16 PM »

I was voter #340 at around 1 this afternoon at the Verona library. Was very dead when I was there, but I'm betting most of the votes in Verona are in the evening. No hiccoughs with ID this time, and there were informative signs about the process, so overall it seems like the poll workers are more comfortable with how things go now than they were in November.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 08:14:05 AM »

It's important to note that Dallet was not endorsed by the Democratic party and that she very much ran as a non-partisan. She may be more left-leaning, but using this election to try to call trends is going to be very misleading.

Regarding Milwaukee county: This is where, unfortunately, the ID laws have had the biggest impact. This was seen in the 2016 general election, too, and I think it will continue to depress turnout in the Milwaukee and surrounding area, especially for Democrats.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 09:22:43 AM »

So, based on these results, can we all finally agree that Scott Walker is finished?
Nah, I don’t see any Dem candidate inspiring the Driftless area while at the same time reducing losses in Walker’s WOW base.

Not even Vinehout? I think she has the best chance at wider appeal. Unfortunately, I don't think she'll do well in the primary, since Dane county seems bleh on her.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 01:26:59 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2018, 01:33:10 PM by Koharu »

I voted around 1 PM here in Verona, and my ballot was the 783rd one read by the scanner today, so it's looking like good turn-out in my part of Dane county. Really looking forward to the results of today's elections.

Doing a quick compare to the 2016 numbers in the presidential election, things are looking good, turnout-wise. So, uh. I think Dane county is a bit riled. I'm really looking forward to turnout numbers from today.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 08:52:25 PM »

Love seeing that it's being called already. Not much in for the local races that I care about yet, so at least I'm getting happy news early on.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 09:03:22 PM »

I want that 80% in Dane County... I want it bad.

It's there now at 77% reporting. Let's see if it holds.

Michael Screnock     19.2 %    21641
Rebecca Dallet         80.7 %    91053
WRITE-IN (NON)    0.1 %    119
77.48% of Precincts Reporting (172 of 222)

https://elections.countyofdane.com/electiondetail.aspx
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 09:35:44 PM »

While it's not quite 50%, this makes me happy here in Dane county:

BALLOTS CAST - TOTAL              42.4 %   131232
REGISTERED VOTERS - TOTAL          309308
87.84% of Precincts Reporting (195 of 222)

https://elections.countyofdane.com/electiondetail.aspx

Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 11:53:26 PM »

Everyone I voted for today won their race. Today has been a very good day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies