Wisconsin Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:42:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 284095 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 07, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »

Burke's statement of unemployment rate increasing under Walker Rated Pants on Fire
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 09:44:48 AM »

Burke fired by family from Trek for incompetence
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 08:07:53 PM »

Passing this will be great, plus it was have an unintended side effect. Helping Barrett beat the racist and insane Alderman Joe Davis and the racist and insane Alderman "Bathroom" Bob Donovan in April 2016. Can't believe I'm rotting for Barrett but he's working with the business leaders an making Milwaukee boom. Plus we also have the streetcar passed and both of the other yahoos (Davis and "Bathroom" Bob oppose it).
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 11:44:08 AM »

Who wants to bet when she loses this challange she resigns to "spend more time with her family"?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 02:44:56 PM »

Politifact rated that Mostly False. They voted her into the supreme court, they weren't voting her into the Chief Justice position since that's only based on seniority. Wisconsin votes never truely had a say on the Chief Justice position.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 09:34:45 PM »

Good news guys, the second anti-streetcar petition in Milwaukee has imploded and there's nothing stopping any line expansions in the future from passing. Huge blow for Bathroom Bob Donovan's mayoral campaign, he's going to be crushed by Barrett come April and it's going to be a thing of beauty!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 01:32:25 PM »

Bigger fish to fry, liberals better get their asses out in force to re-elect Tom Barrett. We don't need faux conservative demagogue Bathroom Bob Donovan to be mayor. Will kill the city and will try and kill the streetcar.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 05:59:37 PM »

Kind would be like Barca, bland old white guys with no charisma, which is also something Barrett lacked. Better options for the Dems in the state though they aren't big names.

As for the Republicans if Walker is out I'd guess Vos or Fitzgerald are the two big names that run.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 11:22:34 AM »

If Clinton wins, Walker will likely be reelected.

I don't think Kind will run. He might or he might not, depends on who the Dems run against him. Like I've said someone like Lena Taylor or Mary Burke likely lose again. Dems have some good candidates but they might not run.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »

If Clinton wins, Walker will likely be reelected.

I don't think Kind will run. He might or he might not, depends on who the Dems run against him. Like I've said someone like Lena Taylor or Mary Burke likely lose again. Dems have some good candidates but they might not run.
Except  Kind, who would be the best candidates?

The absolute best candidate would be Abele though I don't think he would run and I doubt he could win a nomination without help. He's socially liberal but more of a fiscal conservative. He'd win the Dem vote and independents and a lot of conservatives fed up with Walker.

Barring that State Senators Erpenbach, Vinehout and Shilling would in my opinion be better candidates. I don't know why everyone thinks Kind is the best candidate, probably since he's from the west and would win it and probably get a victory but he's just kinda bland.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »

Chris Abele/Lena Taylor would be very strong, but I'm not sure it could win a primary.

Keep Lena Taylor away from any leadership post. She loves to hear herself talk and isn't well liked by anyone.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 11:49:57 AM »

Chris Abele/Lena Taylor would be very strong, but I'm not sure it could win a primary.

Keep Lena Taylor away from any leadership post. She loves to hear herself talk and isn't well liked by anyone.

I thought she was the Brian Schatz of Wisconsin, in that Taylor is very popular with the progressive base.

She's a leader in the senate because of how long she has been there. She has also gotten the "crazy black lady" stereotype attached to her, but honestly she is not someone you want to have running. Go listen to her speak about things, lots of sighs, rambling. She likes to hear herself talk. If you want someone who's black who isn't like that Nikiya Harris-Dodd (might have gotten the name wrong, don't want to go check right now) would be a much better choice.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 10:42:27 PM »

You don't want Moore.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 06:49:37 PM »

Sean Duffy is the only Republican I can see winning here. It's Tilt D if he faces Abele and Toss-up if he faces Kind or Nelson and Tilt R if it's somebody else. Rating this Tilt D.

I wouldn't try and rate it until early 2018. WAY too long to do anything justice.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »

Larson is an awful human. He's Lipscomb and Marina's pet for the county board to rubber stamp anything they want. County will be bankrupt in a year if he's elected. Can't believe someone who was removed from incompetence from Dem leadership could be supported that much. Abele still has a good chance to win.

As for Barrett he still should win with about 60-65%. Dem primary will help and a liberal city. Should still be a bigger win than his 2004 victory over Marvin Pratt, that was about 54-46. Donovan is insane, he can't win or we're screwed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 03:53:02 PM »

Last year Ann Walsh Bradley left oral arguments during her re-election and no one made a story of it either. It also wasn't an extramarital affair when you're separated and working towards divorce either.

If Republican primary vote is higher here too it might work in Bradley's favor. Hope she wins, much better than Sloppy Kloppy getting elected. No smear campaign to her really even though she's just as much a pawn of the left as Bradley is for the right in people's eyes. She also thought Lincoln had slaves too which was amusing.

Bradley winning also would be very amusing to watch, Texasgirl and others I know IRL would lose it.

More important though is Barrett beating Bathroom Bob.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 05:42:02 PM »

State Senator Mary Lazich (R-New Berlin) will no seek relection

She joins Rick Gudex (Fond du Lac) as the second Republican Senator to not seek reelection this year.

Reps. John Murtha (R-Baldwin); David Heaton (R-Wausau); Dean Knudson (R-Hudson); and Tom Larson (R-Colfax), and Andy Jorgensen (D-Milton) are not running in the Assembly.

My senator, really surprised at her not running. Will be interesting to see who runs.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 12:55:09 PM »

Results of the new Marquette poll:

Bradley: 40.9%
Kloppenburg: 36.0%

https://t.co/eifW2aSx7L

Please be true! Going to do early voting today to try and avoid a big line on Tuesday. Voting for:

- Abele for County Exec
- Bradley for Supreme Court
- Stauskunas for County Board (both candidates are bad and actually voting for the liberal due to how his opponent really has no idea what's going on/attacking anything being built downtown because "we don't need more apartments" when they're privately funded).
- Incumbents for village board (moderate conservatives) and school board (mostly liberals)
- Either voting for Kasich or Clinton, haven't made up my mind which way I should swing.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Big news in the Supreme Court race if true and it holds.

Hope that helps Barrett win re-election over that piece of filth Donovan.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 09:09:10 PM »

If Abele and Bradley can hold on, that along with Barrett winning and Trump losing makes it a GREAT night.

Really hope Bielinski can pull it off against Donovan, 29% of that district left. Just leaves my village's school board/village board, hoping the incumbents pull it off. Means none of that village is in in Milwaukee county yet.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »

55% in

Bradley             54% 601,161
Kloppenburg      46% 512,154
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 10:38:05 PM »

71% in, Bradley's lead back up to just under 80,000 again. Looks like she should pull this off!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 08:59:23 AM »

Breakdown of County Exec Race

Larson won Shorewood 55-45%, tied in Milwaukee and basically got blown out almost everywhere else. Not too surprising, Bernie college kids not voting and Larson not having very good relations with the Black community. Calling Lena Taylor "crazy" and asked if she "had taken her meds" along with prior actions when minority leader and getting a white Dem installed in a majority black leader by campaigning hard in the white suburban parts of the district which turned out in the primary. It's not really spoken of but the Black community has no love for him.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2016, 09:36:13 PM »

Only one who would make a good candidate and choice out of all the names listed is Jennifer Shilling. Better candidates out there.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 03:32:17 PM »

What about an Abele/Cieslewicz or Abele/Tim Carpenter ticket? Both would rally the progressives to his side without disturbing the suburbs much if at all.

While I would love an Abele run and victory I doubt it would happen. His victory in April was due to Republicans and independents and he split Democrats/liberals in the city but lost them in the suburbs. Likely wouldn't be able to win the nomination.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies