NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:30:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC'13: Congrats to Mayor de Blasio  (Read 73596 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: November 23, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »

Obviously, NY politics is usually very interesting (the NY Senate is probably the best legislative chamber in the US in terms of sheer entertainment value), but this is shaping up to be an easy romp for Christine Quinn, who is basically Bloombo's appointed heir. I suppose some prefer a Democrat to an independent-endorsed- by-Repyblicans, but there will be no policy difference.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2013, 11:01:52 PM by Vosem »

Just because a majority of people don't drive cars to work doesn't mean that the large minority who do so should be ignored, traininthedistance.

The correct answer about bike lanes, I think, is that most people really don't care but are expressing an opinion because they are New Yorkers Tongue
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:04:12 PM »

Just because a minority of people don't drive cars to work doesn't mean that the large majority who do so should be ignored, traininthedistance.

Um.. what do you mean by "large majority who do"?  Because in NYC, a large majority don't drive to work, and IIRC non-drivers are a majority in every borough except perhaps Staten Island.  You're not using words right here.

Nothing quite as 'fail' as thinking minority but typing majority Tongue

Also, the laughable contention that drivers are being "ignored" by advocates for a sane transportation system is nothing but their sense of overweening entitlement that assumes non-drivers are to never have any voice whatsoever.  All of these improvements have been subject to community input.

I'm not referring to the actual opinion-making process so much as your opinion (unless I've misunderstood it) that the city doesn't have the same obligation to help drivers as those who get to work using public transportation/any other method because they are a minority.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:10:59 PM »

Looks like Weiner's campaign is melting down. A female intern quit and wrote a tell-all for the NYDN. When asked for comment, Weiner's female spox unleashed a torrent of vile misogyny on the ex-intern.

That is magnificent.

I was looking forward so much to Quinn-Weiner and now it won't happen...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies