AIG considers suing government for bailing it out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:47:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AIG considers suing government for bailing it out
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AIG considers suing government for bailing it out  (Read 316 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2013, 12:02:16 AM »

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/business/2013/01/aig-thinking-about-suing-government-bailing-it-out/60698

After it used the taxpayer money for big executive bonuses. Scum. The government should just try to take it over and nationalize it completely, and then fire the entire executive board.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:20:40 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2013, 12:45:51 PM by Jbrase »

BRTD, this may be off topic, but your sig caught my eye. I am not defending the GOP here at all, but be honest. You know that during those Reagan and Bush Sr years Congress was Dem controlled, and for most of clinton it was GOP controlled. Partisan hackishness saddens me. Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:23:40 AM »

Well, they're not actually suing the government BECAUSE it bailed them out... but you just used  The Atlantic's title, not that they should've used it either.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 01:16:57 AM »

BRTD, this may be off topic, but your sig caught my I. I am not defending the GOP here at all, but be honest. You know that during those Reagan and Bush Sr years Congress was Dem controlled, and for most of clinton it was GOP controlled. Partisan hackishness saddens me. Sad

Then how come with GW Bush, with a GOP controlled Congress AND GOP President, did they spent so much? Also with Reagan for his first 6 years he had a GOP Senate and enough conservative Democrats who crossed over.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »

BRTD, this may be off topic, but your sig caught my I. I am not defending the GOP here at all, but be honest. You know that during those Reagan and Bush Sr years Congress was Dem controlled, and for most of clinton it was GOP controlled. Partisan hackishness saddens me. Sad

Then how come with GW Bush, with a GOP controlled Congress AND GOP President, did they spent so much? Also with Reagan for his first 6 years he had a GOP Senate and enough conservative Democrats who crossed over.

Because both parties spend way too much.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »

BRTD, this may be off topic, but your sig caught my eye. I am not defending the GOP here at all, but be honest. You know that during those Reagan and Bush Sr years Congress was Dem controlled, and for most of clinton it was GOP controlled. Partisan hackishness saddens me. Sad

Prior to the '90s, party control of Congress was irrelevant. The Democrats had a partisan majority but conservatives had a political majority (Republicans + Boll Weevil Democrats). Tip O'Neill wasn't the one demanding hundreds of millions of dollars for magic laser beams in the sky. Let's do away with the myth that Reagan was a small-government conservative. He just redirected the money from the allegedly endemic Cadillac-driving Welfare Queens to Southern military bases and defense contractors.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies