2016 Democratic Candidates Survivor: Tim Kaine is Survivor!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:54:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  2016 Democratic Candidates Survivor: Tim Kaine is Survivor!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: 2016 Democratic Candidates Survivor: Tim Kaine is Survivor!  (Read 9591 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2012, 07:02:55 AM »
« edited: December 09, 2012, 03:11:55 PM by politicus »

Well, with Gillibrand out where is no good options left, but at least Sebelius would be a competent president and she is anti-death penalty, which is a good thing. So since you guys dont wanna eliminate Kaine I am gonna try to get her in the final.

Eliminate John Hickenlooper

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2012, 08:10:10 AM »

Eliminate Sebelius.
Unimog
Namibia

Political Matrix
E: -3.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »

Sebelius
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »

Well, with Gillibrand out where is no good options left, but at least Sebelius would be a competent president and since you guys dont wanna eliminate Kaine I am gonna try to get her in the final.

It has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to eliminate Kaine or Sebelius.  I maintain that this survivor was designed to cause serious potential candidates/contenders who forum Democrats like to be eliminated as early as possible (or at least that's how many have been playing it).  The goal being to make a boring, moderate-hero/conservative, uninspiring, and/or generally unpopular contender win.  How else does one explain the inclusion of such individuals as Jay Nixon, Jack Markell, Mike Beebe, Christine Gregoire, Kathleen Sebelius, Tim Kaine (who has even said he plans to stay in the Senate for the next few decades IIRC), etc.  Honestly, its pretty shocking that Hickenlooper is even still in this, but that seems like an oversight by certain regulars.  Heck, one could argue that the secret rule round was to keep Schweitzer from winning.  I'm not saying it isn't okay that it is being run this way (it is Tmthforu94's survivor and he's not making me play or anything), I just want to make sure that you understand what's going on here.  Lastly, I have to ask, what makes you think Gillibrand would be such an amazing candidate?  I'm genuinely curious, as you seem to be pretty adamant about this.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »

Well, with Gillibrand out where is no good options left, but at least Sebelius would be a competent president and since you guys dont wanna eliminate Kaine I am gonna try to get her in the final.

It has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to eliminate Kaine or Sebelius.  I maintain that this survivor was designed to cause serious potential candidates/contenders who forum Democrats like to be eliminated as early as possible (or at least that's how many have been playing it).  The goal being to make a boring, moderate-hero/conservative, uninspiring, and/or generally unpopular contender win.  How else does one explain the inclusion of such individuals as Jay Nixon, Jack Markell, Mike Beebe, Christine Gregoire, Kathleen Sebelius, Tim Kaine (who has even said he plans to stay in the Senate for the next few decades IIRC), etc.  Honestly, its pretty shocking that Hickenlooper is even still in this, but that seems like an oversight by certain regulars.  Heck, one could argue that the secret rule round was to keep Schweitzer from winning.  I'm not saying it isn't okay that it is being run this way (it is Tmthforu94's survivor and he's not making me play or anything), I just want to make sure that you understand what's going on here.  Lastly, I have to ask, what makes you think Gillibrand would be such an amazing candidate?  I'm genuinely curious, as you seem to be pretty adamant about this.
I get it. No need to lecture me. I was just expecting one more try to get Kaine out, since he IMO is a less competent and less interesting candidate than Sebelius.
Gillibrand is not amazing, but she is the best of what was left after Schweitzer was eliminated.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »

I can say with absolute certainty that my secret move was not made specifically to get Schweitzer eliminated, as I like him myself.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »

I can say with absolute certainty that my secret move was not made specifically to get Schweitzer eliminated, as I like him myself.

Fair enough, sorry if that wasn't the case.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2012, 01:17:37 PM »

I get it. No need to lecture me. I was just expecting one more try to get Kaine out, since he IMO is a less competent and less interesting candidate than Sebelius.
Gillibrand is not amazing, but she is the best of what was left after Schweitzer was eliminated.

Sorry if it came across that way, I really didn't mean to lecture or anything Sad
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »

Eliminate Hickenlooper
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »

Eliminate Hickenlooper
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:07 AM »

Hickenlooper is eliminated.

Ladies and Gents, we are down to our final 2: Tim Kaine of Virginia and Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas.

In this round, you are voting for a WINNER! Vote for the person you want to win this survivor.

Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius for Survivor!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2012, 12:37:42 AM »

Tim Kaine.
Unimog
Namibia

Political Matrix
E: -3.00, S: -2.00

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2012, 01:31:45 AM »

Sebelius
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2012, 02:40:52 AM »

Kaine for survivor !
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2012, 04:05:11 AM »

Sebelius
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2012, 06:48:26 AM »

Kaine.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2012, 07:35:37 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius for Survivor!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »

Sebelius for survivor.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »

Kane.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »

Star Trek: The Wrath of Kaine
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »

Kaine, easily.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »

By a very narrow vote of 6-5, Tim Kaine is Survivor!
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2012, 03:26:31 PM by politicus »

After trying to get rid of Kaine for five rounds all together that is indeed a disappointing result.Sad
To those of you who voted for Kaine, was it just to piss progressives off or do you actually like this guy? If yes, what is his appeal?
I find him to be one of the least interesting, most boring and uninspirational characters in the entire survivor field and cant imagine him as President.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »

After trying to get rid of Kaine for five rounds all together that is indeed a disappointing result.Sad
To those of you who voted for Kaine, was it just to piss progressives off or do you actually like this guy? If yes, what is his appeal?
I find him to be one of the least interesting, most boring and uninspirational characters in the entire survivor field and cant imagine him as President.
Somewhat agree with you. I actually was trying to strategically whittle the field down to put Sebelius in a position to win, and I thought she would have beaten Kaine. She's pretty liberal, but at the same time can appeal to moderates regardless (Heck, she won twice in Kansas). I think she's a female Brian Schweitzer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies