NJ 2013: Christie running for reelection
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ 2013: Christie running for reelection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NJ 2013: Christie running for reelection  (Read 1788 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »

Won't make the formal announcement for a few weeks.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view.bg?articleid=1061177491&srvc=rss
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if he got 60%.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »

I highly, highly doubt that but boy, I'd love it!
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »

The state is just too Democratic for him to get above 60%.  Above 55% would be a very good showing. 
ReelectCarterMondale!
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »

He's a Republican running in a very blue state. Not going to get more than 53%.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »

Farleigh-Dickenson University put his approval at 77% today, up from 56% pre-Sandy. That includes a 67% approval rating with Democrats.

I don't know why ant high-profile Democrat would want to run against that...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 05:19:03 PM »

Will he hold that, though? We all know it will go down, and the Democrats will thank their stars that the election wasn't this year, but do any challengers have a chance? Will they? Can Christie screw this up?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »

Will he hold that, though? We all know it will go down, and the Democrats will thank their stars that the election wasn't this year, but do any challengers have a chance? Will they? Can Christie screw this up?
Of course the media will make this a national race if Booker runs. But Christie is a pretty good campaigner so I hope he pulls it out with 55% and puts an end to Booker's national ambitions.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 05:34:02 PM »

Guys, those ratings obviously won't last but he's generally popular enough that Cory will probably be scared off. Let's assume Booker sits it out and Christie drops to 50% approval. Barring a disaster, no other Dem is beating him even with a "weaker" approval rating.

New Jersey and America love Chris Christie.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »

I could see Christie dominate with upper 50s. If he gets 60, that would be the ultimate glass of shut up juice to the right wing media attempting to destroy him.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »

I wouldn't vore for him, but I can kind of understand the appeal.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 05:52:08 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and say this one's in the bag for ol' Chris.

I could see Christie dominate with upper 50s. If he gets 60, that would be the ultimate glass of shut up juice to the right wing media attempting to destroy him.

This. Now they've cycled out practically every incumbent in Congress, it's time to slap the far right back down into place before they render the Republican party completely unelectable.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 05:55:11 PM »

Safe R barring a scandal (given that it's NJ, wouldn't be too shocking Tongue).

Booker should just run for Senate.
ReelectCarterMondale!
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »

Safe R barring a scandal (given that it's NJ, wouldn't be too shocking Tongue).

Booker should just run for Senate shouldn't run for anything ever.

Fixed.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 06:11:54 PM »

Well this is going to be a truly boring race, since the outcome is already known....   
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2012, 04:29:31 PM by Simfan34 »

Is there Booker hate too? How could anyone dislike that man? He's a good mayor and an even better person. Huh I hope he can succeed Lautenberg in 2016. I'd vote for him above any Republican, because I deeply admire him and believe this country would benefit from having him on the national stage.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »

Is there Booker hate too? How could anyone dislike that man? He's a good mayor and an even better person. Huh I hope he can succeed Lautenberg in 2016. I'd vote for him above any Republican, because I deeply admire him and believe this country would benefit from having him on the national stage.
Booker is a great person (saved woman rrom fire,invited hurrican victims to his home) and an extremely good Mayor. But he's just not like able to me for some reason though. I didn't like him before and his Bain comments just made it impossible for me to like him. He's just that guy who's a really good person and seems nice and fair, but you just don't like him.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »

Booker is a great person (saved woman rrom fire,invited hurrican victims to his home) and an extremely good Mayor. But he's just not like able to me for some reason though. I didn't like him before and his Bain comments just made it impossible for me to like him. He's just that guy who's a really good person and seems nice and fair, but you just don't like him.

But why? What did he say about Bain?
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »

But why? What did he say about Bain?

Basically, he criticized Obama for attacking Romney on Bain Capital.
ReelectCarterMondale!
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 05:04:31 PM »

He's a black version of Evan Bayh. Party backstabbers, we can't have 'em. Kick him out!
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 05:07:33 PM »

He's a black version of Evan Bayh. Party backstabbers, we can't have 'em. Kick him out!

I find this hilarious because you're reacting to Booker in the exact same way that national Republicans reacted to Christie praising Obama. Oh, the rank hypocrisy of the two-party system.
ReelectCarterMondale!
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »

I find this hilarious because you're reacting to Booker in the exact same way that national Republicans reacted to Christie praising Obama. Oh, the rank hypocrisy of the two-party system.

Yeah, and if you were a member of either of the two parties you would feel betrayed as well. Hypocrisy is the name of the game in politics...it ain't changing any time soon...
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »

Yeah, and if you were a member of either of the two parties you would feel betrayed as well. Hypocrisy is the name of the game in politics...it ain't changing any time soon...

Because partisans keep buying into it, like you're doing. It would invariably change if people had the sense to get sick of it.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 05:47:30 PM »

Booker is a really great person and mayor, and back when I worked the New Jersey politics beat, I got to witness some of that first-hand. That's part of why I -- and I think Chris Christie -- don't want him to run in 2013. There's a lot of talent that Newark desperately needed -- and still needs -- to go wasting it on a bid to beat someone most agree to be a highly competent governor.

If Christie's approvals don't dip over the next three or four months, the Democrats will struggle to find someone to run. At that point, they'll have to go with a B-list backbencher from the State Senate or Assembly. And good lord, the last time that happened we got Jim McGreevey.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 06:09:23 PM »

There was nothing wrong with what Booker said. He was stating his opinion. If he didn't want to tow the party line, he didn't have to. I personally disagreed with him but that's OK, he's still a great figure in the Democratic Party. Anyone who doesn't embrace him for something petty like that is a joke.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies