A third option for district 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:26:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A third option for district 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A third option for district 2  (Read 2158 times)
Redefeatbush04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2005, 07:38:52 PM »
« edited: February 10, 2005, 04:29:30 PM by Redefeatbush04 »

Some of you may have noticed my name slowly disappearing. I had planned on leaving the forum when the letters ran out. The thread (draft redefeat) has convinced me to stay. Apparently a large number of people want a third option in the district 2 race. I will be that third option.

I plan on running as a moderate. I also plan on governing as a moderate. I have not had any experience campaigning before, nor have I had any experience governing before. But I swear to you I will represent my district to the best of my abilities. I will listen to the citizens of my district when they have something to say. I will make my decisions honestly and will never EVER play partisan politics. Those decisions will be based on what I feel is best for atlasia.

I'd like at this moment to address Akno and  Bono, who are also vying for the postion. All three of us have red avatars but we are very different people. Lets first analyze Senator Bono:

I agree with Bono on quite a few issues. These are some of Bono's views which I do not agree with:

The earth is only 6000 years old
Cannabalism should be legal
Children should carry guns to school
Neocons are Troskists
Monarchy is a better system of government than democracy
Santorum is unelectable because he is ugly
It should be legal to kill abortion doctors
Citizens should be allowed to possess nuclear weapons

Now lets analyze former Senator Akno:

actually lets not analyze him. you'd be better off looking up the sterotypical liberal.

If anyone has any questions for me I will gladly answer them, although most of my beliefs can be found somewhere on the atlas.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 07:40:05 PM »

YAY!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 08:00:02 PM »

Awesome, you have my endorsement.  Why were you leaving?
H. Ross Perot
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 08:14:52 PM »

Are you crazy? That is the most insane thing I have Ever heard. If you and Bono belive in that Bull S#it then Akno has my Support.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 08:21:24 PM »

Are you crazy? That is the most insane thing I have Ever heard. If you and Bono belive in that Bull S#it then Akno has my Support.

He said he DISagreed with Bono on those issues.
H. Ross Perot
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 08:41:18 PM »

OHHHH, Im so sorry. Im an Idiot that can't Read. You have my total support!!
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 08:44:25 PM »

Good luck in the Race.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 09:43:42 PM »

Some of you may have noticed my name slowly disappearing. I had planned on leaving the forum when the letters ran out. The thread (draft redefeat) has convinced me to stay. Apparently a large number of people want a third option in the district 2 race. I will be that third option.

I plan on running as a moderate. I also plan on governing as a moderate. I have not had any experience campaigning before, nor have I had any experience governing before. But I swear to you I will represent my district to the best of my abilities. I will listen to the citizens of my district when they have something to say. I will make my decisions honestly and will never EVER play partisan politics. Those decisions will be based on what I feel is best for atlasia.

I'd like at this moment to address Akno and  Bono, who are also vying for the postion. All three of us have red avatars but we are very different people. Lets first analyze Senator Bono:

I agree with Bono on quite a few issues. These are some of Bono's views which I do not agree with:

The earth is only 6000 years old
Neocons are Troskists
Santorum is unelectable because he is ugly

Now lets analyze former Senator Akno:

actually lets not analyze him. you'd be better off looking up the sterotypical liberal.

If anyone has any questions for me I will gladly answer them, although most of my beliefs can be found somewhere on the atlas.

Good luck, Redefeat, you have my support in the D2 race now (as a fellow Union member  Smiley ).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 10:49:07 PM »

Redefeatbushin04 for Senate!
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 04:50:12 AM »

I'm a Bible believing Christian. Sue me!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gabu and Lunar, among others, agree with me on that, as long as it's willing.

as you can ask any neocon, such as Supersoulty, Trotsky's thought has had a great influence on the neo-con ideology.
That's only one of the reasons I gave, and if you think looks don't amtter at all to a candidate's chances of winning, I got some oceanfront property in Utah you may be interested in.

I never said that. I don't belive there is the need for that, for practical reasons I won't analyse here.

Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 05:54:17 AM »

I never said that. I don't belive there is the need for that, for practical reasons I won't analyse here.

You have said on numerous occassions that you believe that persons should be able to own any weapons they want. Since a nuclear weapon is indeed a weapon it follows that you believe citizens should be able to own nuclear weapons.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 06:31:10 AM »

Welcome to the race, Redefeat. I will almost certainly second preference you. You may want to go back and answer all the questions in the D2 debate thread.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 08:45:44 PM »

bump.

I apologize for my lack of campaigning. I will try to get an ad done soon but I have been rather busy lately. If anyone has any questions I would be more than happy to answer them.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 03:51:45 PM »

The last thing we need is a moderate replacing a right-wing extremist.

I endorses Bono.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2005, 04:26:11 PM »

I endorses Bono.

DO YOU REALLY TRUST BONO WITH OUR CHILDREN

Feb. 2, 1996: Moses Lake, Washington
A 14 year-old shoots a teacher and two students with a rifle.

Feb. 19, 1997: Bethel, Alaska
A 16 year-old shoots and kills his principal and a student. Two other students are injured.

Oct. 1, 1997: Pearl, Mississippi
A 16 year-old kills his mother, then goes to school and shoots nine others. Two die.

Dec. 1, 1997: West Paducah, Kentucky
A 14 year-old shoots eight students as they pray in school. Three die and one student is left paralyzed.

Dec. 15, 1997:  Stamps, Arkansas
An eighth grader is arrested and charged as an adult after he confessed to shooting and wounded two of his fellow students as he hid in the woods outside of a high school.

March 24, 1998: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Two boys ages 11 and 13 shoot fourteen students and one teacher. The teacher and four of the students die.

April 24, 1998: Edinboro, Pennsylvania
A 14 year-old student shoots a teacher to death at a graduation dance.

April 28, 1998: Pomona, California
A 14 year-old shoots three boys. Two are killed.

May 19, 1998: Fayetteville, Tennessee
An 18 year-old shoots and kills a classmate just three days before graduation.

May 21, 1998: Houston, Texas
A 17 year-old’s gun goes off accidentally in his backpack. One girl is shot and wounded.

May 21, 1998: Onalaska, Washington
A 15 year-old takes his girlfriend from a school bus at gunpoint forcing her to go to his house where he uses a gun to commit suicide.

May 21, 1998: Springfield, Oregon
A 15 year-old shoots and kills both parents before going to school and opening fire in the cafeteria. Two students are killed.

June 6, 1998: Columbia, South Carolina
A 14 year old student is arrested after a school shooting that wounded a teacher and elderly volunteer aid.

June 15, 1998: Richmond, Virginia
A 14 year old student is charged as an adult for opening fire in a crowded high school hallway wounding a 45-year-old social studies teacher and a 74-year-old volunteer.

April 20, 1999: Littleton, Colorado
Two boys, ages 16 and 17, shoot 35 students and 1 teacher before committing suicide. Twelve students and the teacher die.

May 20, 1999: Conyers, Georgia
A 15 year-old wounds six classmates. They all survive.

Nov. 19, 1999: Deming, New Mexico
A 12 year-old shoots a classmate in the back of her head. She dies the next day.

Dec. 6, 1999: Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
A 7th grader brings a handgun to school and open fires. Four students are wounded.

Feb 29, 2000: Mount Morris Township, Michigan
A 6 year-old boy brings a .32 semi-automatic handgun to school killing a first grader.

March 10, 2000: Savannah, Georgia
Two students killed by a 19 year old student while leaving a Beach High School dance.

May 26, 2000: Lake Worth, Florida
A 13 year-old sent home from school returned with a handgun and kills a teacher.

September 26, 2000: New Orleans, Louisiana
A student fought with another student, went home, returned with a gun and killed the student he had fought with in the high school gymnasium.

Oct. 24, 2000: Glendale, Arizona
A teenager held a teacher and 32 students hostage for an hour before surrendering.

Jan. 10, 2000: Oxnard, California
A 17 year-old entered school and took a girl hostage in an attempt to persuade police to shoot him. After the SWAT team arrived he was shot dead.

January 17, 2001: Baltimore, California
One student was shot and killed in front of Lake Clifton Eastern High School.

March 5, 2001: Santee, California
A 15 year-old opens fire from inside a school bathroom shooting 15 and killing 2.

March 7, 2001: Williamsport, Pennsylvania
A 14 year-old brings his father’s handgun to school and shoots a classmate in the shoulder.

March 22, 2001: El Cajon, California
Three teens and two teachers were wounded at Granite Hills High School by gunfire.

March 30, 2001: Gary, Indiana
A student was shot in the head while waiting for a class to begin.

January 15, 2002: New York, NY
A teenager wounded two students at Martin Luther King Jr. High.

October 4, 2002:  San Antonio, TX
A 13-year-old female middle school student fatally shot herself in the left temple with a 9mm handgun in front of a group of friends in the school parking lot.

November 19, 2002:  Hoover, Alabama
Two 17 year old males were reportedly fighting in a hallway when one student pulled a knife and stabbed the other to death.

November, 22, 2002: Dallas, Texas
A 15-year-old male high school student was shot as he and fellow students tried to wrestle a gun away from another 14-year-old student.

December 12, 2002:  Seattle, Washington
A 13-year-old male fired a rifle in a middle school, injuring two students with broken glass, and then used the gun to kill himself according to police reports.

December 16, 2002:  Chicago, Illinois
An 18-year-old male high school student was fatally shot outside of Englewood High School, while trying to protect his sister from two other male students.

January 22, 2003: Providence, Rhode Island
A 12th-grade male student was arrested for allegedly firing a .22 caliber gun inside the school's cafeteria after an assistant principal had broken up a fight.  The shot was fired toward the ceiling and no one was injured.

January 30, 2003: St. Paul, Minnesota
A 14-year-old female middle school student was stabbed in the shoulder and two teenage males were taken into custody following a confrontation at the school.

February 5, 2003:  Westminster, Colorado
A 14-year-old male freshman was taken into custody after several shots were fired in a high school courtyard.

March 17, 2003:  Guttenberg, Iowa
A 17-year-old walked into his high school principal's office, thanked the principal for listening to his problems stating "talking would no longer help," pulled out a .22 caliber rifle from underneath his coat, and shot himself in the stomach.

April 1, 2003:  Washington, DC
A 16-year-old male high school student was shot in the leg during a lunchtime argument with another 15-year-old student who fled afterwards and later turned himself in to police.

April 16, 2003: Addison, Texas
A 12-year-old female student committed suicide by shooting herself in a private school restroom.

April 24, 2003:  Red Lion, Pennsylvania
A 14-year-old male junior high school student shot and killed his principal inside a crowded cafeteria and then killed himself with a second gun according to police

September 24, 2003: Cold Spring, Minnesota
One student is dead and another hospitalized after a shooting in a Minnesota high school. A physical education teacher, Mark Johnson, talked the student into surrendering.

I DON'T
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 04:41:08 PM »

I endorses Bono.

A 16 year-old shoots and kills his principal and a student. Two other students are injured.

A 16 year-old kills his mother, then goes to school and shoots nine others. Two die.

A 14 year-old shoots eight students as they pray in school. Three die and one student is left paralyzed.

An eighth grader is arrested and charged as an adult after he confessed to shooting and wounded two of his fellow students as he hid in the woods outside of a high school.

Two boys ages 11 and 13 shoot fourteen students and one teacher. The teacher and four of the students die.

A 17 year-old’s gun goes off accidentally in his backpack. One girl is shot and wounded.

A 15 year-old takes his girlfriend from a school bus at gunpoint forcing her to go to his house where he uses a gun to commit suicide.

A 15 year-old shoots and kills both parents before going to school and opening fire in the cafeteria. Two students are killed.

A 14 year old student is arrested after a school shooting that wounded a teacher and elderly volunteer aid.

A 14 year old student is charged as an adult for opening fire in a crowded high school hallway wounding a 45-year-old social studies teacher and a 74-year-old volunteer.

Two boys, ages 16 and 17, shoot 35 students and 1 teacher before committing suicide. Twelve students and the teacher die.

A 12 year-old shoots a classmate in the back of her head. She dies the next day.

A 7th grader brings a handgun to school and open fires. Four students are wounded.

A 6 year-old boy brings a .32 semi-automatic handgun to school killing a first grader.

Two students killed by a 19 year old student while leaving a Beach High School dance.

A 13 year-old sent home from school returned with a handgun and kills a teacher.

A student fought with another student, went home, returned with a gun and killed the student he had fought with in the high school gymnasium.

A teenager held a teacher and 32 students hostage for an hour before surrendering.

A 17 year-old entered school and took a girl hostage in an attempt to persuade police to shoot him. After the SWAT team arrived he was shot dead.

A 15 year-old opens fire from inside a school bathroom shooting 15 and killing 2.

A 14 year-old brings his father’s handgun to school and shoots a classmate in the shoulder.

Three teens and two teachers were wounded at Granite Hills High School by gunfire.

A 13-year-old female middle school student fatally shot herself in the left temple with a 9mm handgun in front of a group of friends in the school parking lot.

Two 17 year old males were reportedly fighting in a hallway when one student pulled a knife and stabbed the other to death.

A 15-year-old male high school student was shot as he and fellow students tried to wrestle a gun away from another 14-year-old student.

A 13-year-old male fired a rifle in a middle school, injuring two students with broken glass, and then used the gun to kill himself according to police reports.

An 18-year-old male high school student was fatally shot outside of Englewood High School, while trying to protect his sister from two other male students.

A 12th-grade male student was arrested for allegedly firing a .22 caliber gun inside the school's cafeteria after an assistant principal had broken up a fight.  The shot was fired toward the ceiling and no one was injured.

A 14-year-old female middle school student was stabbed in the shoulder and two teenage males were taken into custody following a confrontation at the school.

A 14-year-old male freshman was taken into custody after several shots were fired in a high school courtyard.

A 17-year-old walked into his high school principal's office, thanked the principal for listening to his problems stating "talking would no longer help," pulled out a .22 caliber rifle from underneath his coat, and shot himself in the stomach.

A 16-year-old male high school student was shot in the leg during a lunchtime argument with another 15-year-old student who fled afterwards and later turned himself in to police.

A 12-year-old female student committed suicide by shooting herself in a private school restroom.

A 14-year-old male junior high school student shot and killed his principal inside a crowded cafeteria and then killed himself with a second gun according to police

One student is dead and another hospitalized after a shooting in a Minnesota high school. A physical education teacher, Mark Johnson, talked the student into surrendering.

I DON'T

Leaving aside that I don't think anything related to education is federal business, so I wouldn't even try to implement such a measure at federal level(I think it should be up to the school boards), thanks for prving my point that the killed students should've carried a gun. ~Obviously, the current gun control measures have been really efficient in keeping guns away from schools.~
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 04:46:03 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2005, 04:53:00 PM by Redefeatbush04 »

I endorses Bono.

I DON'T

Leaving aside that I don't think anything related to education is federal business, so I wouldn't even try to implement such a measure at federal level(I think it should be up to the school boards), thanks for prving my point that the killed students should've carried a gun. ~Obviously, the current gun control measures have been really efficient in keeping guns away from schools.~

Bono. Do you think if every 14 year old brought a gun to school it would increase or decrease the number of school shootings? I think it is pretty obvious that they would increase. They don't think things through. While currently most of the fights involve only knives now we would have gun fights in the middle of school. Students would live in fear as immature little anxiety ridden teenagers threaten one another. I guarentee that they would AT LEAST joke around with them in an unsafe manner.

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 05:24:38 PM »

I endorses Bono.

I DON'T

Bono. Do you think if every 14 year old brought a gun to school it would increase or decrease the number of school shootings? I think it is pretty obvious that they would increase. They don't think things through. While currently most of the fights involve only knives now we would have gun fights in the middle of school. Students would live in fear as immature little anxiety ridden teenagers threaten one another. I guarentee that they would AT LEAST joke around with them in an unsafe manner.

Israel's gun laws are made in such a way that everyone with military training(ie, everybody), can be provided with owning of guns, and a lot of them are actually government issues. That "guns everywhere" policy accounts for incidents such as the one in which three terrorists opened up with AK-47s on a Jerusalem crowd. The terrorists were able to kill only one victim before they were themselves shot down by handgun-carrying Israelis.

The surviving terrorist was bitter when he spoke to the press the next day. Their plan had been to quickly kill 20 or 30 people at a series of public places, always escaping before military or police could arrive. They hadn`t known Israeli civilians were armed. The terrorist felt that it just wasn`t "fair."

Incidentally, this occurred within three weeks of the massacre of 21 unarmed victims in a San Ysidro, California, McDonald`s fast-food restaurant.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »

Brand new computer crashed. Trying to transfer/restore files and get yet another new one. I think its covered by warranty. Dropping out of race. Doubt I will be on forum for a while.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 05:56:21 PM »

Brand new computer crashed. Trying to transfer/restore files and get yet another new one. I think its covered by warranty. Dropping out of race. Doubt I will be on forum for a while.

Tough luck, Redefeat. I'm sorry to hear that. You were a worthy opponent.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 05:59:57 PM »

The simpler solution would be to arm teachers. I know a lot of fellow students who would behave a lot better if they knew their teachers packed heat...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 06:12:10 PM »

Sorry to hear that, redefeatbush.  Wish you well in trying to get your computer back up to snuff.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 06:35:22 PM »

Damn, back down to two unsatisfactory candidates....

MAS for Senate!!!!!!!!!!!
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005, 06:37:06 PM »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*encourages Union Party members to all wear rabbits feet in order to ward off the bad luck that plagues us when it comes to fielding candidates*

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2005, 06:40:24 PM »

Someone must run!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies