Opinion of Shannon County, South Dakota (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:25:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Shannon County, South Dakota (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Obama received 93% of the vote here in 2012
Freedom County

Horrible County

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Opinion of Shannon County, South Dakota  (Read 2869 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: December 04, 2012, 10:05:42 AM »

Pathetic victim of Stockholm syndrome.
Yes, the long, sad, and varied history of the Sioux in southern South Dakota can all be wrapped up by a contemptuous quip about how their victimization is really their fault... were they not just so pathetic.  Roll Eyes
Somehow I don't doubt you've thought a lot about this subject, but your head is still so far up your @$$ that you've successfully burnt your hair off with stomach acid.

I meant pathetic as in deserving of sympathy, any contempt in that statement was not intentional. I don't believe that they are responsible for their condition, but clearly they support the very policies that lead to their continued impoverishment.

Ah yes, that ridiculous argument. If only they were to give the capitalists more wealth and power they could be sure to escape impoverishment(!). 

It will obviously all trickle down to them.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 05:07:21 AM »

I feel sorry for them, but one of the most Horrible Counties in America due to having some of the worst voting patterns anywhere.  Ironic that one of America's most Democrat-leaning counties is in one of the most Republican-leaning states.

why would native americans want to vote for the republikkkans?

fc, though voting obama won't fix their problems.
Funny you should call them "Republikkkans" since the KKK was founded by Democrats.  And Native Americans have been made dependent on government as the result of liberal Democrat welfare state policies.  I don't begrudge governmemt assistance to those who need it, but it should help make you independent rather than dependent.

You are....at best.....amazingly uninformed.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »

You're "Democrats are racist " message is getting rather old...but that wasn't the part I was commenting on.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »

You're "Democrats are racist " message is getting rather old...but that wasn't the part I was commenting on.
I never said that today's Democrats are racist.  I said that the Dems of the past were racist.

And windis, liberals on here always use Watergate to demonize Republicans of today.  It may be in the past, but it still matters.  If you knew that a political party had a past as racist as the Democrats' past is, would you want to support that party, no matter how long ago it was?

You keep asking this all the time, and you get the same answer each time. No one cares. But your logic everyone should be boycotting Germany and all Germans should be seeking to emigrate. After all you would ever want to support/live in a country that had that horrible of a history, even if it was over 70 years ago? Speaking of which I've never seen a Democrat cite Watergate as the main reason they're a Democrat, and if any did I'd find it rather absurd even in the 70s because that affects only one Republican.

And yes you have engaged in extreme revisionist history, since as as has been noted by your logic on the Southern Strategy it was about attracting anti-racist moderates like Strom Thurmond appalled by the racism of people like Robert Kennedy and Hubert Humphrey.

Why stop there? What self-respecting Christian would want to live in Rome, for example, after Nero's persecution of Christians?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies