Opinion of Shannon County, South Dakota (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:07:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Shannon County, South Dakota (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Obama received 93% of the vote here in 2012
Freedom County

Horrible County

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Opinion of Shannon County, South Dakota  (Read 2835 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 05, 2012, 11:45:02 AM »

I feel sorry for them, but one of the most Horrible Counties in America due to having some of the worst voting patterns anywhere.  Ironic that one of America's most Democrat-leaning counties is in one of the most Republican-leaning states.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »

I feel sorry for them, but one of the most Horrible Counties in America due to having some of the worst voting patterns anywhere.  Ironic that one of America's most Democrat-leaning counties is in one of the most Republican-leaning states.

why would native americans want to vote for the republikkkans?

fc, though voting obama won't fix their problems.
Funny you should call them "Republikkkans" since the KKK was founded by Democrats.  And Native Americans have been made dependent on government as the result of liberal Democrat welfare state policies.  I don't begrudge governmemt assistance to those who need it, but it should help make you independent rather than dependent.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 09:51:49 AM »

why would native americans want to vote for the republikkkans?

fc, though voting obama won't fix their problems.
Funny you should call them "Republikkkans" since the KKK was founded by Democrats.  And Native Americans have been made dependent on government as the result of liberal Democrat welfare state policies.  I don't begrudge governmemt assistance to those who need it, but it should help make you independent rather than dependent.

you're really fond of this insane little pseudo-history you've created, aren't you?
You are....at best.....amazingly uninformed.
It's not pseudo-history at all.  All the historical evidence shows that the KKK was founded for Democrats, by Democrats.  The insane pseudo-history is when Democrats try to pin their party's racist past on Republicans.  I've read and researched this stuff: I think I'm pretty qualified to discuss it.  I'm sorry that the truth isn't comfortable for you.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »

You're "Democrats are racist " message is getting rather old...but that wasn't the part I was commenting on.
I never said that today's Democrats are racist.  I said that the Dems of the past were racist.

And windis, liberals on here always use Watergate to demonize Republicans of today.  It may be in the past, but it still matters.  If you knew that a political party had a past as racist as the Democrats' past is, would you want to support that party, no matter how long ago it was?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »

no, i'm aware that the republicans began as an abolitionist party.
This is not at all the case. The Republican Party was about free soil. Abolitionism was an extremely marginalized position in the 1850s. The GOP wanted to block merely the expansion of slavery. And by the 1850s, slave labor had little room for expansion anyhow. The only segments of the Lower 48 having not yet acheived statehood was the Great Plains north of Texas, then known as the Great American Desert and the Mountain West. Oddly enough, it was a largely symbolic issue until the secession crisis and even then, Lincoln offered a constitutional amendment to guarantee Southern slavery forever if people in the Southen states would remain loyal. Obviously, it was not to be.
True, but there was a faction known as the "Radical Republicans" who opposed slavery outright.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies