The Sovereign region of Texas Legislature.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:44:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Sovereign region of Texas Legislature.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Sovereign region of Texas Legislature.  (Read 1592 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 10:46:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, there's the rub isn't it? There is significant support in the IDS for it, but not a majority. If there was a majority, it wouldn't be needed. That the legislature as a whole is hostile is why Texas wants to go and govern itself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »

No one's right to vote was infringed upon. I was as against the lawsuit seatown filed to attempt to infringe on our right to vote, but the Court upheld our right so nothing was done. There are many frivolous lawsuits heard. One can't just pullout of a region because someone not even in any position of power filed a crazy lawsuit the court struck down.

Had the decision overturned Dibble's, I would have left along with you because it would have been a travesty.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 10:55:27 PM »

The Legislature hasn't been hostile to you or anybody. Up until this point.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 11:17:07 PM »

Yeah, you are. I gave a good compromise to the bus bill, but you guys just rammed it down. As usual. Why bother? This way you get what you want. Cheesy The whole IDS. Enjoy.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »

Well, I've lost confidence in the region to adequately protect Texas. You're a big part of it, Duke. I can't trust you. I'm sorry, I just can't.

If you want to do us a favour, let us go and let us chart our own course. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 11:42:23 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2012, 11:45:59 PM by Senator Duke »

Well, I've lost confidence in the region to adequately protect Texas. You're a big part of it, Duke. I can't trust you. I'm sorry, I just can't.

If you want to do us a favour, let us go and let us chart our own course. Smiley

It's OK. I'm sure plenty of people trust me, so if you don't, I won't lose sleep over it. My vote merely gave your state funds to set up better transportation within the IDS, which your people would surely love to take advantage of. If that is stepping over my boundaries or something, then so be it, but the law says otherwise.

And no, we don't want to let Texas go, one because it is not legal, and two, because it is a big part of our region. I am a southerner I was governor of this state during its renaissance. I have been a southerner for a lot longer than you have, and I want to keep my region together, not sit back and let one state leave over a bill appropriating funds to help with its transportation or over a lawsuit that was never seriously considered and only was brought forth because our citizens have a constitutional right, left wing or right wing, to sue.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46:50 PM »

Mr. Griffen, I must remind you that you are here in our legislature. Smiley

Like I said, you have been hostile to Texas and the desires of Texas for quite some time. It is good to see that the verneer has been stripped off and we see things as they truly are.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »

Show a passing interest in supporting a non-labour approved bill and perhaps we could trust you to stand up for us.

At least here we'll have a speaker.

I'm sorry you're not happy with Texas expressing their dissatisfaction with your piss-poor governance, but that's the reality of what you've wrought.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »

No, we are leaving because we want a legislature that is responsible to Texas and not to Labor. Or whatever carpetbagger cause has swept everyone in an uproar now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 12:14:04 AM »

Again, how is appropriating funds for transportation considered not standing up for Texas? If anything, it is you not standing up for your state by rejecting funds appropriated by the federal government which will go to some other state instead which will strengthen their infrastructure while leaving yours behind. Texas' economy will suffer if it is cut off from the rest of the region or allowed to crumble.

My vote was what is best for ALL of the IDS, as I am a representative of this great region. I am not a Labor. I voted for their proposal because out of the two, it included fair treatment of every state in our region. If that's piss poor, then I am proud to be a piss-poor IDS legislator!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 12:20:35 AM »

We don't want it! We want less, not more government spending! That is why I crafted the deal that gave Texas what it wants and increased funding across the board for everywhere else in the IDS! Win/win.

Vote comes, the Duke block comes out again. Why? Because you want to remake Texas and the IDS to be just like everywhere else.

We don't invest in white elephants. If the deal was for highways, I would have supported it. Highways generate income, public transit consumes it.

Texas will thrive if it is left alone, especially by the carpetbaggers in the IDS who want to ruin us.

Like I said, vote for a non-labour approved bill, and perhaps the region can trust you to stand up for us when the chips are down. As it is, you're the hinge to the whole strategy to take over the region. Without you it could not happen.

Why are you surprised when you consistantly vote to hurt Texas that Texas gets fed up?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 12:29:50 AM »

It's government's job to maintain the roads. Even conservatives believe that, or so I thought!

And if you mean I want to remake the IDS - it was remade after I left office - so of course I miss the days when I was in charge and we didn't have imperial police riding on horses and the like. That's no secret either.

As for public transit, it is sometimes cheaper to take it versus cars, so that statement is not 100% accurate. It does help the environment and helps us ween ourselves off foreign oil, another good thing.

And I suppose I will never understand how my vote hurt Texas. I didn't create a new government office or expand welfare. I just appropriated some federal money for public transit.

But it's OK. I have been somewhat successful during my career in Atlasia. I hope the voters trust me. I know Texas doesn't, but thankfully I don't have to answer to them now that they're their own country Wink
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 12:41:20 AM »

Yes, and it appears the 'oh so friendly' labourites are showing their true spirit of collegeality. Smiley

Wanting to execute me?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 12:42:19 AM »

No. I simply want our region to remain whole - and that includes Texas. I am not looking to execute you or anyone else.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 12:45:26 AM »

No, I didn't mean you, I meant Bacon King. You know, forming lynch mobs, rioting etc.

So do I. I want the region to remain whole, but if I can't save it all then I'll save what I can. I don't want to take this step, but my first duty is to the people of Texas and to protect them.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »

After consultation with the people of Texas, I am declaring that the motion for secession is hereby *withdrawn*, and that Texas has chosen to stay in the IDS for the present. Smiley This legislature is disbanded.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 03:05:44 PM »

Well, this was lame.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 03:22:22 PM »