(D-MN) Sen. Mark Dayton expected to bow out of re-election bid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:28:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  (D-MN) Sen. Mark Dayton expected to bow out of re-election bid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (D-MN) Sen. Mark Dayton expected to bow out of re-election bid  (Read 17970 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: February 09, 2005, 02:58:17 PM »

While I love the fact that Dayton might be leaving, the seat is now more likely to stay Dem.

Run Al Franken!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 05:09:43 PM »

If Arnold can win, Franken can win.

Franken is not on the same level as Arnold.

Right now, I'm hoping for either Mark Kennedy or Rod Grams as the nominee for the Republicans and Franken for the Dems.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 06:09:10 PM »

Right now, I'm hoping for either Mark Kennedy or Rod Grams as the nominee for the Republicans and Franken for the Dems.

I'll assume that you haven't read his books, but I assure you, he knows something about politics. I think we could find a better candidate somewhere however.

I would like to know his positions on issues though. I'm assuming he's pretty liberal, but I'm not sure.

Read his books? Why waste my time?

I'm sure he's educated but I don't think someone like that can win a Senate seat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 06:50:18 PM »

I'll assume that you haven't read his books, but I assure you, he knows something about politics. I think we could find a better candidate somewhere however.

I would like to know his positions on issues though. I'm assuming he's pretty liberal, but I'm not sure.

Read his books? Why waste my time?

I'm sure he's educated but I don't think someone like that can win a Senate seat.

I don't think he's electable with Minnesota as a whole, but I could see him winning something within the Twin cities.

I'll read a Coulter classic if you read a Franken, preferebly lies and lying liars who tell them, but Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot is fine by me.

I'm not a fan of Coulter so you'd have to read something else but it doesn't matter. I still won't waste my time reading Fraken.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 10:51:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And what about Mark Kennedy?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 10:57:33 PM »

Like I said, he's pretty generic. No real strengths or weaknesses, except that he's never topped 60% in his district and came within 6 points of losing to a political novice last election.

The best GOP candidate like I've been saying forever would be Jim Ramstad. But he is very unlikely to run since he wants to keep his House position, and the conservatives would hate him since he's basically an Arlen Specter Republican.

Then let's keep Ramstad out of the picture.  Smiley

What about Gil Gutknecht? (Just trying to get your opinion of the possible candidates' chances.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 11:15:28 PM »

Let's get rid of more bad Senators from Minnesota...COLEMAN OUT IN '08!

Nooooo!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 11:18:47 PM »

what makes Coleman a great Senator? Let's ssee, there was that time, he, ummmm, oh wait he hasn't done sh**t because rubber stamp the GOP agenda.

I've never said he was a great Senator. I just agree with him often.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 11:20:30 PM »

Like I said, he's pretty generic. No real strengths or weaknesses, except that he's never topped 60% in his district and came within 6 points of losing to a political novice last election.

The best GOP candidate like I've been saying forever would be Jim Ramstad. But he is very unlikely to run since he wants to keep his House position, and the conservatives would hate him since he's basically an Arlen Specter Republican.

Then let's keep Ramstad out of the picture.  Smiley

What about Gil Gutknecht? (Just trying to get your opinion of the possible candidates' chances.)

but would still stand no chance against Alan Page or Dean Johnson.

And they are...?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 02:56:24 PM »

Looks like Franken is running. New question: Will Bill O'Reilly suddenly want to move to Minnesota?  Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 03:27:42 PM »

My mistake. I saw a topic on another board saying he was running. I clicked on the link of the story and it was updated saying that he won't run. Too bad. I wanted to see him get beat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies