(D-MN) Sen. Mark Dayton expected to bow out of re-election bid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:24:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  (D-MN) Sen. Mark Dayton expected to bow out of re-election bid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (D-MN) Sen. Mark Dayton expected to bow out of re-election bid  (Read 17961 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: February 09, 2005, 04:25:40 PM »

If Arnold can win, Franken can win.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 05:52:40 PM »

Franken is not on the same level as Arnold.

Right now, I'm hoping for either Mark Kennedy or Rod Grams as the nominee for the Republicans and Franken for the Dems.

I'll assume that you haven't read his books, but I assure you, he knows something about politics. I think we could find a better candidate somewhere however.

I would like to know his positions on issues though. I'm assuming he's pretty liberal, but I'm not sure.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 06:47:03 PM »

Franken is not on the same level as Arnold.

Right now, I'm hoping for either Mark Kennedy or Rod Grams as the nominee for the Republicans and Franken for the Dems.

I'll assume that you haven't read his books, but I assure you, he knows something about politics. I think we could find a better candidate somewhere however.

I would like to know his positions on issues though. I'm assuming he's pretty liberal, but I'm not sure.

Read his books? Why waste my time?

I'm sure he's educated but I don't think someone like that can win a Senate seat.

I don't think he's electable with Minnesota as a whole, but I could see him winning something within the Twin cities.

I'll read a Coulter classic if you read a Franken, preferebly lies and lying liars who tell them, but Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot is fine by me.

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 11:45:41 PM »

If Al Franken somehow managed to win, he would be the Maxine Waters of the Senate.  Talk Radio would have a field day with him. 

They already hate him.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 05:16:35 PM »

I was listening live...I didn't want him to run, since I didn't want to see his name get shattered, but in a way I did, because I could actually get excited about that campaign in a way I couldn't if it's just some representative.

Hell, if Franken were running I'd want him to win more than a local candidate for my own district.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies