LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:42:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 82
Author Topic: LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races  (Read 212791 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: April 15, 2014, 07:47:15 PM »

Hmm, Graves got a bit more than he estimated earlier. Dietzel was the loser here. He opened the quarter with his high-profile kickoff and made the most media/speech appearances; $97K isn't much to show for that and he also spent more that he took in.

Eh, as diverse as the district is the bulk of it is in one media market. Just from looking at these numbers now, you can't tell how much appropriated for the primary and what for the runoff.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1451 on: April 16, 2014, 10:14:21 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2014, 01:49:57 PM by Miles »

NC-Sen: The fundraising numbers for Harris were weaker than I thought. I only raised  $400K; I thought it was $800K (his CoH).

NC-07: White raised $359K but burned $201K.

NC-12:

The main beneficiary is Malcolm Graham, though this may give George Battle an opening.

Yep:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

More NC-Sen: Hagan taking a hint from McCaskill? The MajorityPAC's latest ad buy targets Tillis.

More NC-Sen: For your listening delight, Buzzfeed has more of Brannon's greatest conspiracy hits.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1452 on: April 17, 2014, 06:00:57 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2014, 06:08:28 AM by Miles »

NC-Sen: The NRA is running a brief (15-second spot) doubling down on its support for Tillis. Brannon should be trying to get his gun endorsement groups to coin up as well.

More NC-Sen: Is Harris the most electable conservative? The crux of the argument is that he leads Hagan by the most (4-ish points). Still, as Tillis has shown, the less 'generic' the Republicans get, the worse they fare. Of the three leading Republicans, Harris is the most generic. True, he's proving to be no Akin, but given his glaring social conservatism, I think a gaffe or two would be likely.

NC-03: I'd still rate it Lean Jones, but the ad barrage against him is starting to worry me. Griffin is getting last minute aid from more investment banking big wigs running ads for him.

NC-06: Idk how I missed this, as its been out a week, but we actually have poll numbers. Normally, polls with 50%+ unsure should be discarded as junk, but Baby Berger looks poised to break 40% as no one else is cracking double-digits. The pollster was Tel Opinion Research, which doesn't seem affiliated with any of the campaigns.

Speaking of Baby Berger, he got another endorsement from Mark Meadows. 'Anyone else wanna trade these two for Coble and Shuler back? Tongue

NC-12: This is a very good profile on George Battle. With stronger fundraising than Graham and the recent endorsement from Smuggie Mitchell, I can see him making a much stronger showing.

LA/NC-Sen: With the ACA's polling trajectory on the uptick should Democrats go further in embracing it? Landrieu's first ad was about the ACA, the focus was on her efforts to fix it. Hagan's approach has been pretty lukewarm. She's highlighted women's health issues and criticized the regime in Raleigh on the Medicaid expansion, buts thats about it.

I think Begich's last ad was pretty good, where he featured a woman who benefitted from the ACA. Democrats should elsewhere should try that. In fact, right in NC, I think Pat McHenry is making it easy for the Dems. He had this to say about those fringe ACA enrollees:

LA-05: For the latest development in the Vance McAllister saga, one of his staffers (the scoundrel that leaked the video in the first place) has resigned.

LA-06: Businessman Craig McCulloch (R) raised $133K, though the bulk ($100K) was self-funded.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1453 on: April 17, 2014, 06:49:19 AM »

http://www.nationaljournal.com/hotline-on-call/democrats-meddling-in-north-carolina-republican-primary-20140416
Hehe Tongue
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1454 on: April 17, 2014, 07:58:56 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2014, 09:32:52 AM by Miles »

LA-05: Wow, we've got polling for this race. The most important thing here is that, my uncle, Chris Hazel, beats McAllister in a runoff! Grin

LA-Sen: Ugh. Keep Louisiana Working, a conservative front group, has a counter-ad running about Landrieu's 'committee' appearance in her last ad.

This really bugs me. I don't know why the Landrieu campaign didn't just use the freakin' original footage. There was no need to change it. The LAGOP went to great lengths in scrutinize every aspect of her first ad. Why would the Landrieu campaign expect anything different this time!?

It feels like its been like one step forward, two steps back this last week...
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1455 on: April 17, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »

LA-05: Wow, we've got polling for this race. The most important thing here is that, my uncle, Chris Hazel, beats McAllister in a runoff! Grin

LA-Sen: Ugh. Keep Louisiana Working, a conservative front group, has a counter-ad running about Landrieu's 'committee' appearance in her last ad.

This really bugs me. I don't know why the Landrieu campaign didn't just use the freakin' original footage. There was no need to change it. The LAGOP went to great lengths in scrutinize every aspect of her first ad. Why would the Landrieu campaign expect anything different this time!?

It feels like its been like one step forward, two steps back this last week...

IIRC, it's illegal to use actual footage of House/Senate sessions in political ads.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1456 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »

^ Ah, right. That slipped my mind.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1457 on: April 17, 2014, 11:44:03 AM »

Finally, something freakin good for Landrieu. Buzzfeed dug up an earlier ad of Cassidy where he supported a state healthcare exchange. Hopefully Maness can get something out of this.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1458 on: April 18, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »

McAllister has 8k COH.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1459 on: April 18, 2014, 02:18:28 PM »

LA-Sen: With the Keystone XL decision delayed, many Democrats in support of it, led by Ladnrieu, are venting their frustration.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1460 on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:24 PM »

NC-Sen: Progressives not thrilled with Hagan?
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #1461 on: April 18, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »

I don't understand, I'm all for being progressive/a liberal/whatever, but what do they expect from a Democratic senator from the purple state of North Carolina??
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1462 on: April 18, 2014, 10:23:40 PM »

I've sparred with these true left purists in both states and they annoy me to no end. She supports Obama on all the bread and butter issues. You're not gonna elect a freakin Bernie Sanders from a 48% (or 41%) Obama state.

And as I've said a billion times, she's just not one of those candidates that evokes a particular sense of excitement.

The group that swung the hardest against Dole in 2008 was suburban, educated moderates in places like the Triangle and outer Charlotte. Those are the types Hagan needs to focus on keeping. As the article said, the NAACP (and Planned Parenthood) has been doing some pretty extensive registration efforts since the last legislative session. That will help in the 'base' voters.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1463 on: April 19, 2014, 01:05:14 AM »

I've sparred with these true left purists in both states and they annoy me to no end. She supports Obama on all the bread and butter issues. You're not gonna elect a freakin Bernie Sanders from a 48% (or 41%) Obama state.

Learn from the tea party!! I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the only reason Democrats even have a senate majority is because lefties aren't primarying people and proceeding to lose in general elections. Technically Republicans should have seats in CO, NV, ND, MO, IN, and DE if they had nominated stronger candidates. And that would be the majority.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1464 on: April 19, 2014, 09:12:05 PM »

Learn from the tea party!! I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the only reason Democrats even have a senate majority is because lefties aren't primarying people and proceeding to lose in general elections. Technically Republicans should have seats in CO, NV, ND, MO, IN, and DE if they had nominated stronger candidates. And that would be the majority.

You're not preaching to the choir, actually. Many of the leftists here think that the Tea Party tactics should be duplicated. I recall one even saying he admired Cruz for shutting down the government and wished Democrats would use the same tactics.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1465 on: April 20, 2014, 01:20:36 AM »

You're not preaching to the choir, actually. Many of the leftists here think that the Tea Party tactics should be duplicated. I recall one even saying he admired Cruz for shutting down the government and wished Democrats would use the same tactics.

Haven't been around here long, and haven't seen those comments. I meant more so to Miles specifically that I know he agrees with me. I just don't understand how anyone can argue that Dems should do the same thing when it's so blatantly obvious it hasn't worked for the Tea Party.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1466 on: April 21, 2014, 11:55:37 PM »

Let's hope the Democrats' Akin strategy pulls off in NC... though it would certainly help if Brannon keeps his mouth shut until the primary.  Cheesy

[Greg Brannon] Refused To Say Whether 9/11 Was Inside Job
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1467 on: April 22, 2014, 12:06:54 AM »

Let's hope the Democrats' Akin strategy pulls off in NC... though it would certainly help if Brannon keeps his mouth shut until the primary.  Cheesy

[Greg Brannon] Refused To Say Whether 9/11 Was Inside Job

Was Brannon living under a rock during the 2010 Texas gubernatorial primary?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1468 on: April 22, 2014, 12:11:11 PM »

Cook moves LA-Sen from Leans D to Tossup.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1469 on: April 22, 2014, 12:26:43 PM »

Cook moves LA-Sen from Leans D to Tossup.

Overdue.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1470 on: April 22, 2014, 05:58:31 PM »

Link to the debate streaming.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1471 on: April 22, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »

Woody White is now on the air in the Raleigh market attacking Rouzer for being a Pro-Amnesty Republican. He has got another one that seems to be just him introducing himself.

I also saw an ad that shocked me. One by Keith Crisco attacking Clay Aiken as "No Show Clay" for not showing up to the board he was appointed to deadling with special needs kids. Looks the Dem Primary for NC-02 is going to get dirty.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1472 on: April 22, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »

^ Yeah the Raleigh market is pricey too. White is really going big or going home at this point.

Yes! Crisco has thrown verbal/subtle zingers Aiken's way. I'm actually really surprised he's gone this negative now. Its certainly getting nasty.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1473 on: April 22, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »

When asked which country is the bigger threat between Russia, China, and Iran, all the candidates said "Russia."  I guess Iran is no longer the bad guy it once was. Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1474 on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:25 PM »

Getting on honest answer that with Russia dominating the news, from a politician is near impossible. They are just going to go with the one that is blowing stuff up today on the evening news.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies