LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:35:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races  (Read 213235 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 15, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »

So it looks like Dardenne vs. Vitter in the primary? With this, what do Mitch's chances look like?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2013, 10:58:54 PM by SawxDem »

So it looks like Dardenne vs. Vitter in the primary? With this, what do Mitch's chances look like?

He's pretty popular.

He's about to be reelected in a landslide.

I know that much. I'm talking about the races for governor or Vitter's open seat (if he wins).

EDIT: Just did some research, if Mitch won the Senate race then him and Mary would be the first brother-sister delegation in Congress's history.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:24:55 AM »

Mel Watt is being considered by the Obama Administration to lead FHFA, which oversees Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

The 67-year old Rep. Watt is one of the most senior Democrats on the House Financial Services Committee.

If he is chosen and confirmed by the Senate, he would obviously relinquish his House seat. Watt is the only Representative that CD12 has had since it was re-established after the 1990 census.
Good, keep him as far away from our Internet freedoms as possible.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:21:08 PM »

Tillis made some interesting comments last week about the voter ID package that Republicans are pushing. According to him fraud "isn't the primary reason" that for the laws. Really? I guess one is left to assume that the primary reason is to make it harder for people to vote.

People still haven't realized this yet? Where I'm from, there are new regulations next election that restrict any IDs you use (driver's license, state ID, passport, military ID) and force you to have your picture taken. They then send it to you in the mail with your affidavit to sign.

If that isn't government sponsored voter intimidation, I don't know what is.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 01:09:19 AM »

NC-7 will be good to watch.  Rouzer is expected to run against McIntyre once again.

I've heard. I'm honestly a little worried for McIntyre.

I'd also say it's way too early to call this election for Hagan.  NC Politics is not very predictable.  Greg Brannon is picking up a lot of libertarians/Tea Party members.

Agreed. One of the NCGOP candidates might be able to set themselves apart and make themselves known. If they do that, they can certainly knock Hagan off. For now, though, it leans towards her.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 10:36:57 PM »

I'd tend to agree now that Schweitzer is planning his run. Land's +5 advantage seems to be primarily due to name recognition over Peters, and that will shrink in a light-blue state when Peters gains some clout.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 02:21:21 AM »

Not that I agree with McIntyre on this, but it probably plays well in the district:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think Mike McIntyre is the last true Dixiecrat/boll-weevil whatever you want to call it.  I think the other Blue Dogs, Matheson and Barrow, are more moderate at heart but vote conservative because of their districts.  Even they have been more liberal on social issues than most Republicans.  McIntyre is a conservative at heart, though.  If it weren't for the fact that Hoyer/Pelosi have promised him the Agriculture chairmanship and he'd get destroyed in a Republican primary I don't know that he'd have an interest in being in Democratic party politics.

Jim Cooper says hello. I'm guessing he's only a Democrat because of the 150 years of Democrats that represented his district before him.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 05:15:37 PM »

Ellmers is pushing her decision back because of the farm bill.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 11:29:37 PM »

NC Democrats Republicans may be getting the candidate at the top of their wishlist after all:

OH MY F***ING GOD YES
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 10:12:03 PM »

I meant what happened with WI's Leg, not the Senate race - albeit sans McCrory recall, obviously.
On that note, any chance Democrats go the Walker route and recall Mcrory? Would there be any standing to do so?

Too bad that's grossly illegal as North Carolina has no law authorizing recalls.

Plus we all know what happened last time we tried to recall a governor who went full conservative. I'll gladly pass.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 11:52:01 PM »

Lil Boosie will be freed in a few months. Praise Landrieu.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 01:27:04 AM »

Good. Not a fan of racists in Congress.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 06:56:57 PM »

Thank you Miles.
I guess the 2016 LA senate election is probably open?

Yeah, though Vitter will appoint the placeholder if he wins the Mansion. Curious to see which Pubs will run for the open seat.

Steve Calise maybe?

That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe Jeff Landry will run if he takes the 6th.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 04:52:30 PM »

How much money did Miles have to pay him for that? Tongue

But srsly, how did this take so long for NC? I'm thinking it's premature to call LA a lean (maybe with Maness it is), but I'm not complaining.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 01:50:08 AM »

So do I. Thigpen won't do much against him though.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 01:56:19 PM »

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »

So of all the tea partiers running in NC, which one is the least craziest?

Bill Flynn is basically your standard Cruz acolyte/Savagite. Still screaming about defunding Obamacare and all that jazz.

Heather Grant seems like a generic bagger, but she tweeted that she believes babies talk to spirits when they're just happy, laughing, and smiling. Also, in true 'Murican fashion, raffling off a gun to her supporters.

Harris is less of a tea partier and more of an establishment socon. Hawkish foreign policy, more of a neocon as far as that goes, and Tea Party as far as economics goes. Very socially conservative, said that being gay's a choice. Basically one of the fathers of Amendment 1.

Grant's probably the least crazy out of all of them, and her and Harris seem like the only ones who can win. If James Cain jumped in, he'd probably take quite a bit of the votes away from the establishment and he'd be by far the sanest candidate- from what I heard he's a moderate voice in the NCGOP, and he might have a decent chance of getting past the primary if the tea vote's split enough.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 10:21:31 PM »

Ahead of his Gov run Vittersays he's hoping Mary is defeated. Not surprising given their antagonistic relationship, but not very classy, IMO.

I'm assuming he's talking about the nuclear option; actually, if the Cassidy campaign just came out and said something like, they could have had a point. Instead, they had the whole MussoLandrieu debacle which Cassidy never condemned. Very sloppy.

Wow. What a f***ing asshole. Here's hoping her brother knocks Diaperman out of politics.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 04:38:10 PM »

Ouch. Brannon was found guilty of misleading investors.

This could potentially derail his candidacy. Some are questioning if he should even file to run.

That would be nice. He sounds crazy and not electable in NC.
Well, people who have ties to secessionists don't usually get elected in swing states.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2014, 02:36:33 PM »

Noted nutjob and former NC-8 candidate Tim "Literally Jesus" D'Annunzio is running for Senate as a Libertarian.

Glorious news! As someone who's nervous about Hagan, a spoiler eases my mind quite a bit.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 01:02:44 PM »

NC-Sen: Fresh off his endorsement from Mike Lee, the tea party seems to be coalescing around Brannon. Rand Paul will be headlining a fundraiser for Brannon at CPAC.

NC-03: I don't think Jones is as vulnerable as some are making him out to be, but AFP is buying airtime to defend him. This is actually the first Republican primary that AFP taking sides in this cycle, probably because they've been too busy lambasting Democrats.

Glorious news!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 12:47:18 AM »

Yet another reason (aside from the fact that he's a poor man's Chris McDaniel) that I want Brannon to win.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 05:23:32 PM »

NC-06: Ugh. Well, I doubt Baby Berger would have answered any differently Tongue

Not only that, but if that doesn't work he'd be down for court-martialing him.

Likely R?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »

Once again, why Walter Jones is the best Congressman on the other side. We need more Joneses and Amashes in Congress, not less.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 08:53:01 PM »

As the closest thing to the forum drunk, I approve of this.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies