LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:51:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races  (Read 214041 times)
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« on: April 18, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »

I don't understand, I'm all for being progressive/a liberal/whatever, but what do they expect from a Democratic senator from the purple state of North Carolina??
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 01:05:14 AM »

I've sparred with these true left purists in both states and they annoy me to no end. She supports Obama on all the bread and butter issues. You're not gonna elect a freakin Bernie Sanders from a 48% (or 41%) Obama state.

Learn from the tea party!! I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the only reason Democrats even have a senate majority is because lefties aren't primarying people and proceeding to lose in general elections. Technically Republicans should have seats in CO, NV, ND, MO, IN, and DE if they had nominated stronger candidates. And that would be the majority.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 01:20:36 AM »

I've sparred with these true left purists in both states and they annoy me to no end. She supports Obama on all the bread and butter issues. You're not gonna elect a freakin Bernie Sanders from a 48% (or 41%) Obama state.

Learn from the tea party!! I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the only reason Democrats even have a senate majority is because lefties aren't primarying people and proceeding to lose in general elections. Technically Republicans should have seats in CO, NV, ND, MO, IN, and DE if they had nominated stronger candidates. And that would be the majority.

You're not preaching to the choir, actually. Many of the leftists here think that the Tea Party tactics should be duplicated. I recall one even saying he admired Cruz for shutting down the government and wished Democrats would use the same tactics.

Haven't been around here long, and haven't seen those comments. I meant more so to Miles specifically that I know he agrees with me. I just don't understand how anyone can argue that Dems should do the same thing when it's so blatantly obvious it hasn't worked for the Tea Party.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 02:48:34 PM »

LA-Sen: With AFP doing most of the heavy lifting for him, Cassidy hasn't run ads until now. I was expecting his first one to be a positive biographical spot. While I wouldn't call his first positive, as its just him bashing the ACA, it makes no mention of Landrieu.

I just can never, as a political junkie, figure out how ads for any candidate can convince any voter to vote for them.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »

This is my obligatory "Landrieu is going win because the MOE is +/-4% and it's (R)asmussen" post.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 09:20:55 PM »

LOL
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 11:33:21 PM »

People who are acting like this is a bad thing obviously don't know how tailigating at LSU works.

Now if only we could get Feinstein or Boxer down to a USC tailgate...
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 03:42:13 PM »

^ Yeah, shame on Landrieu for endorsing that kind of moral depravity!

Last time I checked, Cassidy was the one with the knocked-up teenage daughter.

This has to be hands down the best and most hilarious political happening of this cycle.

Go Mary!!
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 05:45:50 PM »

LA-Sen: Another "poll", which I'm assuming is from the SCF, puts Maness at near 20%. Landrieu has 35%, Cassidy 29% and Maness at 17%.

What bugs me about this is that all the people who support the SCF are always screaming and whining about "election fraud," yet this organization rolls out crap like this...
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »

NC-Sen: Boom! Hagan raises nearly $5M in Q3 and has $2M CoH.

So when do the ads start for her 2020 reelection campaign?!
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 01:33:11 AM »

Seriously, between this, the keg stand, and telling the h8rs to "get a life," how is she not leading by 50 points...
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »

We'll miss you Mary! Cry
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 11:04:59 PM »

I'd guess he took from Tillis in the west but Hagan in the east.

Looks like Haugh sucked conservadem votes from Hagan in the east, is that correct?
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »

For some reason, I thought Murphy would vote for it. He's pretty close to Landrieu, and I thought he might vote for it as a bone to her.

Come on Miles. Murphy is staying and Landrieu is leaving. Protecting the President>Protecting Senator Landrieu for an incumbent who wants a future. When Reid calls, you obey. I wouldn't be surprised if these fourteen Aye Democrats vanish into the night in January for that reason.

I think that they will stick to their votes because they want to be re-elected in 2016 and beyond and a Nay vote could come back to haunt them.

Senators' reelection bids won't go up in flames two years or longer from now for changing their vote on a bill that will be vetoed by the President.
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 11:21:15 PM »

Senators' reelection bids won't go up in flames two years or longer from now for changing their vote on a bill that will be vetoed by the President.

It's an assumption at this point that Obama will veto. He may just allow it to pass and pick and choose another battle to fight.

True. Although it seems to me with his huge whole "the day after the election I turned into a fiery liberal" stint he'll veto it on since he's now the world's #1 environmentalist. Also, with gas prices dropping, that probably lessens any severe public outcry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies