Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:06:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children  (Read 28203 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: December 14, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »

This makes me sick to my stomach, if we can't ensure elementary school children can go to school without the risk of being SHOT... I can't even.

This is just horrible and while I believe in strict gun-control, the focus should be on these poor people, especially the children. Asking the questions soon, cannot be avoided, but I expect the same BS as always happens.

RIP.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »

The word 'creep' doesn't even come close...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:17:15 AM »

Overboard?

With respect, overboard is when children can't EXPECT to be safe from gun-wielding nutcases in their classroom.

And a reasonable response seems to be a mix of "let's just hope for the best" and "we need MORE guns"? Now, I don't understand why ANYONE needs a high-capacity automatic or semi-automatic weapon... I guess I never will... but putting the paranoid "tyranny lurking around every corner" BS aside, is ensuring that only people who are fully fit to have lethal weapons actually have them... really such a terrible thing? really? Oh, and I'd love an answer that doesn't involve 'gangbangers' and Mexican drug lords.

Look at it this way... you have a right to bear arms, and while I think it's a relic of post-revolutionary times, it's not going anywhere. But is the execution of a right, a blanket concept? Or should responsibilities be assigned to ensure that it is carried out responsibly and with maximum public benefit?

If it were up to me...
- Gun licences for individuals
- Mental health screenings and background checks
- Maximum magazine capacity of 10 rounds
- semi-automatic weapon ban
- maximum firearms per person
- mandatory training at time of licence...

Most people go through more loops to rent a DVD or vote... it's (and I'm sorry to the 2nd amendment fetishists) utterly insane.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies