Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:09:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shooting at CT elementary school leaves at least 27 dead, 18 of them children  (Read 28158 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 14, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »

I just find scoring political points while our country has just started to mourn to be distasteful.

Like Huckabee blaming this on God not being in the schools?  Conservatives make plenty of political hay out of stuff like this.  It's only when people bring up points they don't like that we're "politicizing a tragedy."  I call BS on the hypocrisy.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »

Why is it most liberals seem to focus on gun control, and gloss over better mental health treatment, as the most effective solution to this problem?   They seem to hardly even mention it. 

The real issue here. And it's not just liberals glossing over it.

Couldn't agree more.  Gun control is part of the equation, but a far bigger part is the inadequate treatment we give to people with mental health issues.  That's the bigger fish to fry.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:36:36 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother-mental-illness-conversation_n_2311009.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies